By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is it game over for Nintendo?

Atari, Sega have fallen: Nintendo next?

yes 94 16.12%

no 441 75.64%

life goes on 46 7.89%

Total:581

The next Nintendo console is always the last Nintendo console.

VGChartz

Around the Network

no.

"Buried in reams of financial data is the revelation that Nintendo have 812.8 billion Yen (£6.7/$10.5 billion) in the bank - enough for it to take a 20 billion Yen loss (£163/$257 million) every year until 2052. Then there's almost 469 billion Yen (£3.8/$6.0 billion) held in premises, equipment and investments. When that runs out - we're in the year 2075 by this point - they've got some of the most valuable intellectual property in gaming to sell off before the company goes out of business."

_________________________________________________________________________________________

No, Nintendo will never go out of business. Sony on the other hand is struggling very heavily right now; I just hope they can change things around. The more competition in the video game industry, the better.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

with sony leaving the game industry in the next 5 to 10 years (if you dont believe me then look at what they are doing with all their copying and etc) nintendo will survive. microsoft will be battling nintendo and the steambox will be out and competing with those two as well.

dick cheney loves me, he wants to take me hunting

mkwii code- 1977-0565-0049

Some day, someone will make devices that only play Call of Duty and Angry Birds, and knock the big three out in one swift stroke.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Around the Network

The first article read like this for me.

I want to money on my site and so i will start some crap on Nintendo, but you can read i'm not serious.

I want someone talking about "no new announcments for PSVita from the launch and big delays." That's something worring.

Spiders den are not for men.

My gaming channel: Stefano and the Spiders.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MultiSpider87?feature=mhum

The day Nintendo goes under is the day the videogame industry as we know it ceases to exist.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

As long as pancakes are relevant food, Nintendo is a relevant gaming company. They will be fine for a very long time.

Food for thought: Shove an apple in your brain

supermario128 said:

"Buried in reams of financial data is the revelation that Nintendo have 812.8 billion Yen (£6.7/$10.5 billion) in the bank - enough for it to take a 20 billion Yen loss (£163/$257 million) every year until 2052. Then there's almost 469 billion Yen (£3.8/$6.0 billion) held in premises, equipment and investments. When that runs out - we're in the year 2075 by this point - they've got some of the most valuable intellectual property in gaming to sell off before the company goes out of business."

_________________________________________________________________________________________

No, Nintendo will never go out of business. Sony on the other hand is struggling very heavily right now; I just hope they can change things around. The more competition in the video game industry, the better.

So, by next year, 2113, Nintendo will forever be gone.

I can say with some authority (i'm from Brisbane) that The Brisbane Times has NO credibility when it comes to gaming journalism. Even if it had, it would have lost it all of it with that article. The author clearly knows very little about this subject matter and it is glaringly obvious to anyone who does.

In general journalists in the mainstream media would do well to restrict themselves to topics that they can at least pretend they are moderately well informed about.