By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Art Academy WiiU and Educational Software

Tagged games:

Decided to necro-bump this thread since I think it is relevant to the recent E3 ND where Nintendo announced that Art Academy is in development for WiiU. This was the thing that stuck the most from the ND, although I was also impressed with MK8 and WW.

Quite a few people here (myself included) have always thought that Art Academy could be the next WiiFit for Nintendo's console and it was great to hear confirmation of its development during this years E3.

As we have seen from Miiverse the amount of drawings is staggering, many of superb quality. I'm pretty sure many people would like to improve their drawing skills with the help of this title. Can't wait for the bare-bone downloadable version to release this summer to see how it's evolving and what people can come up with.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network
TomaTito said:

Decided to necro-bump this thread since I think it is relevant to the recent E3 ND where Nintendo announced that Art Academy is in development for WiiU. This was the thing that stuck the most from the ND, although I was also impressed with MK8 and WW.

Quite a few people here (myself included) have always thought that Art Academy could be the next WiiFit for Nintendo's console and it was great to hear confirmation of its development during this years E3.

As we have seen from Miiverse the amount of drawings is staggering, many of superb quality. I'm pretty sure many people would like to improve their drawing skills with the help of this title. Can't wait for the bare-bone downloadable version to release this summer to see how it's evolving and what people can come up with.

Yeah, only bummer is that they won't release the bare-bone version for free if I understood Iwata correctly at the Nintendo Direct.

KHlover said:

Yeah, only bummer is that they won't release the bare-bone version for free if I understood Iwata correctly at the Nintendo Direct.

That's correct, it would have been great to get it for free. If Nintendo has an opportunity to make money they will take it. And even though I'm not buying it, I still want to see what it is like since I will definitely get Art Academy whenever it releases.

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Needs to be, at some point, an actual Mario Paint 2.

Mario Paint

Around the Network

I was surprised and glad that they announced it for WiiU.

If they price it well (the DS game was cheaper than the rest of the games), I'll get it without even thinking.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

I hope they market this game well instead of just another unceremonious release...
This could pull in some otherwise uninterested consumers...
They could glso make language games...
I would love to learn German or review Russian on my Wii U...

Have a nice day...

edit: wrong thread

JEMC said:
I was surprised and glad that they announced it for WiiU.

If they price it well (the DS game was cheaper than the rest of the games), I'll get it without even thinking.

I was surprised as well... as evident from this thread I had the presumption it would be announced last year, but before this year's E3 I had no expectations.

And lets drop the trailer here:

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

I think there will also be some jigsaw puzzle games. But I am not sure whether they will be popular. If there are really some jigsaw puzzle games, will you be interested?