By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Finished watching all the Harry Potter movies, first time - Just finished Deathly Hollows - Part 2

For me PoA is the worst of the movies. I can't put my finger on why I hate it so much, I just do. I will never choose PoA to put in and watch. Michael Gambon is horrible in PoA to the point that i just want to shoot myself in the foot every time he is on screen. I do enjoy him in HBP though. I loved DH part 1 the most out of all the movies and then it would have to be part 2. Then HBP>OotP>CoS>SS>PoA

Around the Network
Soleron said:
TWRoO said:
bobgamez said:

let me just say one thing, the red head girl that harry likes can not act at all. She is just terrible and brings down the movies for me

Dunno, I think she's better than Emma Watson. (I do think she was the best of the three in the first two films, but don't think she improved much)

Rupert Grint is definitely the star of the child actors though, like the others he wasn't that great early on (though probably hampered by having the shittest lines) but in the last 3 or 4 films he is really good.

I think all three of them were bad (well, good enough) but the adult cast was near perfect, especially one person in particular.

Agreed, well except I think RG turned out to be a good actor in the end.

As for the excuse of them being child actors, I guess that holds up as a good child actor is rare (the only one I tend to think of off the top of my head is Mara Wilson, who plays Matilda)

So it seems so far we share the same opinion about the movies:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4596984

Just let us know what you think of Part II.

Spoiler Hermoine is hot

Soriku said:
"... Cedric's dad crying over Cedric's death was some sad stuff too.

Oh, I thought he was crying because he knew he would become a sparkley vampire.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network

Part II of the Deathly Hollows is done and my Harry Potter bing is finally over. There's been lots of twist in this one, some I expected and some I didn't expect. I enjoyed this film a lot, it brought a lot of action to the series, reminded me of a Michael Bay movie for a minute there lol. But ya great movie, I felt really bad for Snape, he was such a good guy :(

Part 1 put off such a vibe that the three were completely alone and couldn't trust anyone, but once they got back to Hogwarts there were so many people that still believed in them and even casted off Snape when Harry exposed him for killing Dumbledore. But yeh speaking of Snape I felt so bad for this guy he just loved Harry's mother so much that he did what ever he could to help Harry. It was a love hate relationship, he hated Harry because he looked like his father, but had to do something to help him because he had his mothers eyes.

They finally got all the horcruxes and was able to beat Voldomort, I'm just wondering why did he die after the horcruxes was all gone, did his body not contain a part of Voldomort or something? Anyway how about Neville in this movie, talk about a bad ass lol I'm just going to cut this Snakes head off with this sword, brb. 

There was a few parts I was expected and few I didn't expect at all. I figured Dumbledore was going to come back to life, or that he'd use the Stone of Resurrection on somebody, but nope he just through it on the ground where anyone coukld find it... I had a good idea that Harry was going to be one of the Horcruxes, seemed kind of obvious, but the other twisted like Snape being cool and the thing about the elder wand I had no idea.

It was a great end to the series and didn't seem rushed at all, it really is sad to see the series end (I can finally catch up to my backlog of other movies I've yet to see). I liked the end how they showed 19 years later, it was a good end to the movie. I almost shed a tear in this one, great film.

If I had to pick my top 8

1. Half-Blood Prince, Deathly Hallows part2 

2. Deathly Hallows part1

3. Goblet of Fire

4. Prisoner of Azkaban

5. Chamber of Secrets

6. Philosopher's Stone

7. Order of the Pheonix

spurgeonryan said:
I wish that he would have kept the wand. In case they wanted to make more movies when english actor who played Harry was like 30 or something.

Snape being good was probably a big surprise for you! Lucky Harry got to him before he died. He should have made some tears just in case he died before Harry caught up with him.

That was probably the first tear that man has ever shed in his life lol

Like i mentioned there's still the Resurrection stone that Harry just so conviently dropped on the ground in the woods for anyone to find -_-'

I tried to read the first book and I got bored half way through. And I like reading.

I watched the first movie with my friends and I didn't like it much, I have no memories of it.

My friends asked me to go with them to see the second one and again I have no memories of it, other than making silly jokes about it with my, also bored, friend.

My friends asked me to go see the third one, and I refused.

I could never get into this series...

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Gilgamesh said:
spurgeonryan said:
I wish that he would have kept the wand. In case they wanted to make more movies when english actor who played Harry was like 30 or something.

Snape being good was probably a big surprise for you! Lucky Harry got to him before he died. He should have made some tears just in case he died before Harry caught up with him.

That was probably the first tear that man has ever shed in his life lol

Like i mentioned there's still the Resurrection stone that Harry just so conviently dropped on the ground in the woods for anyone to find -_-'

I can't recall if the film did this bit the same, but in the books the memories Snape gave Harry had some of him crying. (Also Snape didn't cry the memories to Harry, he gave them to him in a vial)

Also regarding the Horcruxes... As Dumbledore explained in Limbo (the train station when Voldemort killed Harry) Voldemort split his soul into 8 parts, the last of which was in Harry, and that's what he killed when he tried to kill Harry (and it was represented by the ugly crying infant) Which left just Voldemort himself and Nagini the snake.

I can't quite recall exactly how it was explained, but when Voldemort killed (or at least when he killed people he believed important) he was able to contain the ripped part of his soul in a vessel of his choice.
So first was killing his father & grandparents at the Riddle house, and that he used to create the Riddle diary (later destroyed in The Chamber of Secrets in Harry's 2nd year).
I think the second killing was probably Marvolo Gaunt (his maternal grandfather), creating the 2nd horcrux in the ring (ignorant that the ring held the ressurection stone) this was destroyed by Dumbledore in between book 5 and 6 (and was why he had the dead hand)
Other deaths created the Horcruxes for the locket [slytherin], cup [hufflepuff], diadem [ravenclaw] and Nagini. Bringing the total to 6 horcruxes plus himself before he tried to kill infant Harry.

Lily's love saved Harry and caused Voldemort's body to be destroyed, and unknown to him also created a kind of horcrux with Harry himself. His mind and original shard of soul roamed the world until the events of Harry's first year (possessing prof. Quirrel). Some more roaming until he was found by Pettigrew, and then of course came back. He then had 7 pieces of soul (thinking riddle's diary was intact, but not knowing of the one in Harry). Dumbledore brought him down to six, Ron to 5, Hermione to 4 and Crabbe to 3. Voldmort himself then killed the one in Harry, and Neville killed Nagini.

The final battle between V & HP in the book was more protracted than the film (naturally films extend any action scenes) but strictly speaking Voldemort killed the final part of himself with his own curse.... which means Harry only really destroyed one part of Voldemort personally: The diary.

----

EDIT: hmm just done some minor research and some seem to think the diary was created by the death of moaning Myrtle, and that the Gaunt ring was used for his paternal family killing. I'm not sure what Rowling intended but I assumed Voldemort would have to personally kill someone to be able to create a Horcrux, but Myrtle was killed by the basilisk.

TWRoO said:

I

----

EDIT: hmm just done some minor research and some seem to think the diary was created by the death of moaning Myrtle, and that the Gaunt ring was used for his paternal family killing. I'm not sure what Rowling intended but I assumed Voldemort would have to personally kill someone to be able to create a Horcrux, but Myrtle was killed by the basilisk.

I think ordering a monster to kill someone counts. It was still intentional to kill her because she was a muggle-born witch.