By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Finished watching all the Harry Potter movies, first time - Just finished Deathly Hollows - Part 2

spurgeonryan said:
Not sure what there is that we can add. I am very excited for you to finally watch the last one so that we can actually talk about it with you.

it's been almost a month to watch 7 movies, it's taking forever lol Excited to see the last one though, might be able to watch it Monday.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Just watch it now while you are here. Don't you have some wrist problem anyways? Just do not go to do what you usually do.

Going camping in an hour all weekend no can do.

I was one of those HP haters when the books first became popular. I was 12 or 13 so I was right at that weird age where it isn't cool to like things not aimed at an older audience. About 30 pages into Sorcerers Stone I was hooked for life. The movies do a decent job telling the story, obviously the early movies are more whimsical, and the child actors are varying degrees of bad, but the series picks up as it goes on. Goblet of Fire was my favorite because it was the turning point of the series, started off light and whimsically mischevious like the previous three, but ended with a real blow, something bad finally happened in the end of a Potter story, not everyone got back on the train and went away happily ever after, you could sense the trouble that lie ahead. The next four films (three books) did a great job setting the dark tone for the finale, and the Battle at the end really delivered.

Overall a great series of books and movies. Not the best films ever made, but an entertaining series that gets stronger as it goes on.

Plezbo said:
I was one of those HP haters when the books first became popular. I was 12 or 13 so I was right at that weird age where it isn't cool to like things not aimed at an older audience. About 30 pages into Sorcerers Stone I was hooked for life. The movies do a decent job telling the story, obviously the early movies are more whimsical, and the child actors are varying degrees of bad, but the series picks up as it goes on. Goblet of Fire was my favorite because it was the turning point of the series, started off light and whimsically mischevious like the previous three, but ended with a real blow, something bad finally happened in the end of a Potter story, not everyone got back on the train and went away happily ever after, you could sense the trouble that lie ahead. The next four films (three books) did a great job setting the dark tone for the finale, and the Battle at the end really delivered.

Overall a great series of books and movies. Not the best films ever made, but an entertaining series that gets stronger as it goes on.

This pretty much correlates with my feelings, except I wouldn't say I was "hooked" till I read the third book (may not have helped that in my ignorance I read The Chamber of Secrets before The Philospher's Stone)

I watched them all up to HBP. After that I stopped watching them as I got annoyed. Thing is I enjoy reading, so I think I would have liked the books a lot more then the movies. But I have never read the books either.

Around the Network

let me just say one thing, the red head girl that harry likes can not act at all. She is just terrible and brings down the movies for me

bobgamez said:

let me just say one thing, the red head girl that harry likes can not act at all. She is just terrible and brings down the movies for me

Dunno, I think she's better than Emma Watson. (I do think she was the best of the three in the first two films, but don't think she improved much)

Rupert Grint is definitely the star of the child actors though, like the others he wasn't that great early on (though probably hampered by having the shittest lines) but in the last 3 or 4 films he is really good.

TWRoO said:
bobgamez said:

Dunno, I think she's better than Emma Watson. (I do think she was the best of the three in the first two films, but don't think she improved much)

Rupert Grint is definitely the star of the child actors though, like the others he wasn't that great early on (though probably hampered by having the shittest lines) but in the last 3 or 4 films he is really good.

I think all three of them were bad (well, good enough) but the adult cast was near perfect, especially one person in particular.

Soleron said:
TWRoO said:
bobgamez said:

I think all three of them were bad (well, good enough) but the adult cast was near perfect, especially one person in particular.

Really what are you gonna expect, they are eleven years old in the first movie and they are pretty decent at acting for it being there first time.  And yes the girl who plays ginny is a horrible actor.  For me though i think emma watson did a fantastic job as hermione granger and grew as an actor through each movie. But thats just my opinion.

Gilgamesh, glad you are liking the movies! I think this is a really great idea, and hope you or someone else picks up the idea. (I like say, the modern Doctor Who's, Torchwood (must watch most of Dr. Who first), The Scrapped Princess, Full Metal Alchemist, etc.)

It's interesting reading peoples responses. One of the things I loved about the 5th book was all the dark political stuff - but I'm older than most people here, and lived through a bunch of clear dark deception - that I think is well captured in the books (and somewhat the movies). Where you aren't really sure who the good guys are, who to trust, what the truth is - just like real life.

Separate thought - I think the problem with Goblet of Fire is that the book is so good, that the movie is a let down if you have read it. But not as much of a let down if you haven't.

I think the Harry Potter series will be held in regard like Lord of the Rings and other such books.

Anyway, enjoy the last one!

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!