By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Finished watching all the Harry Potter movies, first time - Just finished Deathly Hollows - Part 2

The books are good too - more details and you might enjoy reading them. Welcome to the world of Harry Potter!

Soon you might want to play this game: Harry Potter Kinect http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXizEuYzLRI

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network

It starts going wayyy downhill after the 5th movie. Bring some coffee to keep you awake during the 6th and 7th (both parts) movies.

My opinions seem to range all over the place, though i suppose its my bias coming in from the books that would cause me to rate the movies differently than if i had just watched the movies and never read the books. For instance; Chamber of Secrets and Goblet of Fire are my favorites out of the book series, but consensus seems to be on them being weaker out of the movies

Of course, i'm the odd one that disliked Prisoner of Azkaban (the book). I felt it stank of those boring middle chapters that you get in a lot of sagas, character development be damned.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

sperrico87 said:
Gilgamesh said:

It's been over 10 years since the whole Harry Potter craze started on films and the whole time I thought it was stupid and had no interest in it. Now I'm 23 and checking out a lot of movies lately and thought to myself, there's eight movies and each movie sells pretty well a billion each time and everyone loves it it has such high reviews and I actually like the whole magic and wizards thing so maybe I'll give it a try.

So going into Philosopher's Stone I didn't really have high hopes especially when the main character is 11. I figured maybe later on in the series when everyones older it'll get better. In the end of the film I thought it was good but like I thought it was a little childish and CGI sucked..but it was 2001. The whole story around Voldomort seems like it can get interesting.

I'm expecting more out of the second film and I'm hoping it'll be much better. But it was a good introduction to the Harry Potter world.

I'll update after I watch chamber of secrets.

The books are WAAAAAAAAAY better than the movies.  But, personally 4, 6, and 7 part 1 and 2 are good movies.  The rest are crap.  The 3rd movie is the absolute worst.  Just awful.

Most fans of the book agree that 3 is by far the best, and 4 is easily the worst. Opinions, what are you gunna do?

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

being a big movie fan,i need to do this,the harry potters are probably the only big series i haven't seen only seen up to 3 ,i need to steal the blu-ray set off someone

Above & Beyond

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:
sperrico87 said:
Gilgamesh said:

It's been over 10 years since the whole Harry Potter craze started on films and the whole time I thought it was stupid and had no interest in it. Now I'm 23 and checking out a lot of movies lately and thought to myself, there's eight movies and each movie sells pretty well a billion each time and everyone loves it it has such high reviews and I actually like the whole magic and wizards thing so maybe I'll give it a try.

So going into Philosopher's Stone I didn't really have high hopes especially when the main character is 11. I figured maybe later on in the series when everyones older it'll get better. In the end of the film I thought it was good but like I thought it was a little childish and CGI sucked..but it was 2001. The whole story around Voldomort seems like it can get interesting.

I'm expecting more out of the second film and I'm hoping it'll be much better. But it was a good introduction to the Harry Potter world.

The books are WAAAAAAAAAY better than the movies.  But, personally 4, 6, and 7 part 1 and 2 are good movies.  The rest are crap.  The 3rd movie is the absolute worst.  Just awful.

Most fans of the book agree that 3 is by far the best, and 4 is easily the worst. Opinions, what are you gunna do?

5 is the worst book for me. I don't like teen angst novels.

Rath said:

5 is the worst book for me. I don't like teen angst novels.

Harry is by far the worst character, every word he says (especially in 5) gives a sense of, "that's not what I would have done". Protagonists need to have less personality.

Fusioncode said:
sperrico87 said:
Gilgamesh said:

I was talking about the movies, not the books.  But, if you're saying people like the 3rd movie, and the 4th is considered the worst, then they're basing their taste for the movies on something that's not related to being true to the books.

Funny thing in terms of ticket sold in NA

Its

SS
GOF
DH2
COS
OOTP
HBP
POA
DH1

http://boxofficemojo.com/alltime/adjusted.htm?adjust_yr=1&p=.htm

It appears what happened is GOF appears to have been not well liked by HP fans but well liked by general audiences.

Likely as it was the action pakced

Funny thing is I think PoA is the worst movie and the best book of the series. I know not many people agree. I'm not saying PoA is a bad movie, but it's the one I liked the least.