By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How was the VGC of Old?! Newbs and Vets welcome alike!

Was it better in the old days?

Hellz yeah! 53 59.55%

Naaaw, I don't know... 5 5.62%

I don't care... 5 5.62%

w00T?! Noooooo! 3 3.37%

I miss my old friends/frienemies :( 5 5.62%

Now is not the time to look back! 8 8.99%

Meeh, show resultz 10 11.24%

Total:89

Mnementh; are you referring to Hus? Or Mike something? There were two major one's. I seem to remember that one of them was Dutch and the other Polish or somethig like that, anyone else remember?

Around the Network

I also blame Square Enix for the lack of good threads... We used to have a thread about Kingdom Hearts 3 every week.. where it would end up, Wii, PS3, 360.. the SE beats us all by doing absolutly nothing with KH3 that we just didn't care about it anymore.. They also released FF13 on both HD consoles which in the end killed the discussion of big third party exclusives cause if FF13 could make every game could.. thus killing a lot of discussions we had before...

we blamed Wiifit.. but we should blame Square Enix

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:
I also blame Square Enix for the lack of good threads... We used to have a thread about Kingdom Hearts 3 every week.. where it would end up, Wii, PS3, 360.. the SE beats us all by doing absolutly nothing with KH3 that we just didn't care about it anymore.. They also released FF13 on both HD consoles which in the end killed the discussion of big third party exclusives cause if FF13 could make every game could.. thus killing a lot of discussions we had before...

Hopefully we'll be able to point fingers at some one new in a couiple of years when our prefered console isn't selling well enough!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

DanneSandin said:

But who was JohnLuvas? =P what did he do that no one else around here can do now?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=10909

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=7419

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=6734

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

NiKKoM said:

And where are all the boycotts?! There used to be one every week! Sqeenix, Namco, Capcom, EA and several others were boycotted by certain members with lots of flare and drama.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:

Yeah.  I tried it once.  It was when Mass Effect came to the PS3.  I pretended to be pro-Sony and said that the series should be made for the PS3 because it would only be one disc on that console and that the 360 was holding Mass Effect back.  Of course, most people knew I was just starting trouble since I'm pretty pro-360.  It's like how your girlfriend gets bored so she picks a fight just to stir things up.  But like you guys said, E3 is coming.  If that doesn't do it, nothing will.

Oh well.  More time for Xenoblade, I guess.

First off: Xenoblades rulez :D

I've seen some ppl stiring it up a bit, like when Rol comes with one of his "Mario 3D isn't a real MArio game"-thread, but it dies of fairly quickly... I'm hoping for e3, really! But I'm afraid this forum will consume all my time then :P

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Mummelmann said:

Mnementh; are you referring to Hus? Or Mike something? There were two major one's. I seem to remember that one of them was Dutch and the other Polish or somethig like that, anyone else remember?

MikeB was awesome!!! he was like bat shit crazy... he took trolling to an entire new level... Amiga fans were actually embaressed that he called himself an Amiga fan.. http://moobunny.dreamhosters.com/cgi/mbmessage.pl/amiga/162125.shtml

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:
Mummelmann said:

MikeB was awesome!!! he was like bat shit crazy... he took trolling to an entire new level... Amiga fans were actually embaressed that he called himself an Amiga fan.. http://moobunny.dreamhosters.com/cgi/mbmessage.pl/amiga/162125.shtml

MikeB! He could go on for ten posts in one thread about teraflops and threading for multicore processors!

Edit; some of my earlier posts makes me cringe today... Jeez.

Mummelmann said:

OK, many people claimed the PS3 would dominate after ....

The guy I mean was from the US (I think), said he was 16 (at that time). He got banned one time, after that he was boring.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

The Mario Kart Wii GP League, good times.