By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - James Cameron will only make 'Avatar' movies from now on

Mazty said:
Millenium said:
sad.man.loves.vgc said:

Avatar makes my butt hurts because it was released the same year as District 9 and no one seems to know what District 9 is about.

District 9 was amazing!

You're still in this thread? I'm waiting for a reply, and y'know an apology for you saying I derped when I was right...

Oh, I'm sorry Mr. Derp, I didn't see your name on the thread... Oh wait, I still don't... lol. Still bothering me after I've told you 6 times to piss off in a friendly manner I see, I'm sorry I'm just not attracted to you.

Around the Network
Mazty said:
rocketpig said:
Mazty said:
Millenium said:
Mazty said:
Millenium said:
Hey Cameron. Feel free to take a arrow to the knee.

You suck!

I obviously doubt it, but I hope Avatar goes downhill fast in terms of box office, just to shove it in his face.

Shove what in his face? He's already made billions and broken the record for highest grossing movie, which was another one of his....Jealous much?

Lmao, you crack me up. I'd only be jealous if I had any dream of becoming a sucesfull film director. Guess what, I don't.

And if I had that drea,, wouldn't I be more jealous of Michael Bay who manages big ass box office numbers whilst making more than 1 movie per 10 years?

More like "shove in his face" that he's only gonna get more and more critics to bomb on him, if you'd bothered to use that search engine in your brain you might have thought of that all on your own.

He's not just a successful director, he's a millionaire.....I'm guessing you'd like to have more money then you could ever possibly need. 

So you'd want to be the director who has to release more films reguarly then the one who has to only release one every decade because they are so popular and gross so much? How'd you figure that out?

More critics to bomb on him? What are you on about? I'm sorry, my brain uses logic and doesn't jump to random conclusions. Releasing another Avatar doesn't mean critics will "bomb on him"...There is no universal law that a second Avatar film means that more critics will dislike it then the first one...So instead of being snarky, make sense next time. 

Maybe it's just me but I'd rather be PT Anderson any day of the week over James Cameron. Money isn't everything and I'd rather be known for creating amazing, memorable movies than be known for getting rich off film-making. Shit, I could list at lest 100 directors I'd rather be than Cameron... Including George Lucas, insanity and all. Popularity does not equal meritocracy.

James Cameron has three ideas and he just reuses them. That's not someone I'd want to be any more than I'd want to be Justin Beiber. I'd rather be his ex-wife with the pure trashy awesome of Point Break and the pure awesome of Hurt Locker under my belt.

Titanic won 14 oscars,

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120338/awards

Grab a calculatar and try to count. Hint 14 noms > 11 wins. 11 wins != 14 wins.

Millenium said:
Mazty said:
Millenium said:
sad.man.loves.vgc said:

Avatar makes my butt hurts because it was released the same year as District 9 and no one seems to know what District 9 is about.

District 9 was amazing!

You're still in this thread? I'm waiting for a reply, and y'know an apology for you saying I derped when I was right...

Oh, I'm sorry Mr. Derp, I didn't see your name on the thread... Oh wait, I still don't... lol. Still bothering me after I've told you 6 times to piss off in a friendly manner I see, I'm sorry I'm just not attracted to you.

Calling me names and "gay" at the age of 21? Wow. Just wow. 

Millenium said:
Mazty said:
rocketpig said:
Mazty said:
Millenium said:
Mazty said:
Millenium said:

You suck!

I obviously doubt it, but I hope Avatar goes downhill fast in terms of box office, just to shove it in his face.

Shove what in his face? He's already made billions and broken the record for highest grossing movie, which was another one of his....Jealous much?

Lmao, you crack me up. I'd only be jealous if I had any dream of becoming a sucesfull film director. Guess what, I don't.

And if I had that drea,, wouldn't I be more jealous of Michael Bay who manages big ass box office numbers whilst making more than 1 movie per 10 years?

More like "shove in his face" that he's only gonna get more and more critics to bomb on him, if you'd bothered to use that search engine in your brain you might have thought of that all on your own.

He's not just a successful director, he's a millionaire.....I'm guessing you'd like to have more money then you could ever possibly need. 

So you'd want to be the director who has to release more films reguarly then the one who has to only release one every decade because they are so popular and gross so much? How'd you figure that out?

More critics to bomb on him? What are you on about? I'm sorry, my brain uses logic and doesn't jump to random conclusions. Releasing another Avatar doesn't mean critics will "bomb on him"...There is no universal law that a second Avatar film means that more critics will dislike it then the first one...So instead of being snarky, make sense next time. 

Maybe it's just me but I'd rather be PT Anderson any day of the week over James Cameron. Money isn't everything and I'd rather be known for creating amazing, memorable movies than be known for getting rich off film-making. Shit, I could list at lest 100 directors I'd rather be than Cameron... Including George Lucas, insanity and all. Popularity does not equal meritocracy.

James Cameron has three ideas and he just reuses them. That's not someone I'd want to be any more than I'd want to be Justin Beiber. I'd rather be his ex-wife with the pure trashy awesome of Point Break and the pure awesome of Hurt Locker under my belt.

Titanic won 14 oscars,

Only 11! Oh right because that makes it considerably worse. No wait it doesn't and my point remains. Nice pedantic effort though. 

Mazty said:
Millenium said:
Mazty said:
Millenium said:
sad.man.loves.vgc said:

District 9 was amazing!

Tehee, again with the age shit without having the nut sack to state your own age, so amusing.

Around the Network
Mazty said:
Millenium said:
Mazty said:
rocketpig said:
Mazty said:
Millenium said:
Mazty said:
Millenium said:

You suck!

Titanic won 14 oscars,

Only 11! Oh right because that makes it considerably worse. No wait it doesn't and my point remains. Nice pedantic effort though. 

Interesting, this particular point was about Titanic having 11 oscars instead of 14, which you couldn't even be bothered to google, so how does this point still stand?

kowenicki said:
Avatar on first watch was... wow

on second watch was... hmm its pretty, but...

on reflection it was... eugh, what a terrible cliche story.. and so badly told.

Prometheus, on the other hand, I can pretty much guarantee will be amazing.

I have my doubts about Prometheus. but I hope I'm wrong.

The first part of Avatar was pretty good, gorgeous planet, gorgeous people, pretty much every eye candy you can squeeze out of mundane physics (more or less). I just wish it had a better plot and didn't boil down in the end to the old Hollywood formula of blowin' shit up.

Honestly I was actually hoping JC realized there was nothing more to be told about Pandora and went on with Battle Angel Alita, man, it's amazing how technology there does pretty much anything you can think of and the writer still manages to keep focus on human issues and struggles instead.

Mazty said:
rocketpig said:

Titanic won 14 oscars, while Aliens and The Terminator are still regarded as fantastic films. Cameron is regarded as one of the best directors in existance and not for getting rich off film making. Why is it that people see how much Avatar made and are blinded by that one figure?

Hurt Locker was a terrible, terrible film. Nothing more then exploitative garbage with utterly vacuous unlikeable charaters. 

Hurt Locker was exploitative? What, because it showed a bunch of soldiers getting off a little too much on their dangerous jobs? That was the entire point... Those guys were completely fucked by the experience. Were they likable? No, they weren't supposed to be likable (at least Renner's character wasn't). Did you miss the point of the film?

I said Titanic was a great film in a later post. I also think Aliens is pretty great, though it's not nearly as good as Alien. The Terminator wasn't a great movie... The entire story, characterization, and acting is paper-thin. Still, it's a decent movie.

I don't hate James Cameron. I've enjoyed several of his films. But he reuses the same plot points and characters over and over again. By the time Avatar rolled around, I've been there and done that too many times to be impressed by it. Plus, Cameron did it better in both The Abyss and Aliens.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Millenium said:
Mazty said:
Millenium said:
Mazty said:
Millenium said:
sad.man.loves.vgc said:

District 9 was amazing!

Tehee, again with the age shit without having the nut sack to state your own age, so amusing.

How does my age affect the relevance of your age to your own comments? If I was 4 or 94, you calling me names would still be embaressing because my age doesn't alter your age. Gratz on the strawman. 
But on point, Cameron is a successful, critically acclaimed director.  Avatar may not have been the most original film he has done, but it's certainly the most family friendly which does shoehorn the storyline in certain unoriginal direction. Aliens wouldn't have worked if it was made for the family.