By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - James Cameron will only make 'Avatar' movies from now on

This sucks because I really wanted to see a Battle Angel movie by him. Hopefully he finds some time for it in between Avatar, mining asteroids and underwater exploration.

Around the Network

don't know, all i liked of avatar was this "ohh what a colorful world". the imagination to be there by myself, seeing these helicopter insects (you know these things flying like they would have a rotor) and such things. but in a second movie, this wouldn't be the case anymore and the rest of the movie wasn't something special.

Avatar is probably the most boring movie I've watched in recent years. Not just bad (which it was) and a blatant ripoff (which is was). Some movies can be bad ripoffs and still be entertaining. But this was just a pain.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Mazty said:
Millenium said:
Hey Cameron. Feel free to take a arrow to the knee.

You suck!

I obviously doubt it, but I hope Avatar goes downhill fast in terms of box office, just to shove it in his face.

Shove what in his face? He's already made billions and broken the record for highest grossing movie, which was another one of his....Jealous much?

Lmao, you crack me up. I'd only be jealous if I had any dream of becoming a sucesfull film director. Guess what, I don't.

And if I had that drea,, wouldn't I be more jealous of Michael Bay who manages big ass box office numbers whilst making more than 1 movie per 10 years?

More like "shove in his face" that he's only gonna get more and more critics to bomb on him, if you'd bothered to use that search engine in your brain you might have thought of that all on your own.

Millenium said:
Mazty said:
Millenium said:

You suck!

I obviously doubt it, but I hope Avatar goes downhill fast in terms of box office, just to shove it in his face.

Shove what in his face? He's already made billions and broken the record for highest grossing movie, which was another one of his....Jealous much?

Lmao, you crack me up. I'd only be jealous if I had any dream of becoming a sucesfull film director. Guess what, I don't.

And if I had that drea,, wouldn't I be more jealous of Michael Bay who manages big ass box office numbers whilst making more than 1 movie per 10 years?

More like "shove in his face" that he's only gonna get more and more critics to bomb on him, if you'd bothered to use that search engine in your brain you might have thought of that all on your own.

He's not just a successful director, he's a millionaire.....I'm guessing you'd like to have more money then you could ever possibly need. 

So you'd want to be the director who has to release more films reguarly then the one who has to only release one every decade because they are so popular and gross so much? How'd you figure that out?

More critics to bomb on him? What are you on about? I'm sorry, my brain uses logic and doesn't jump to random conclusions. Releasing another Avatar doesn't mean critics will "bomb on him"...There is no universal law that a second Avatar film means that more critics will dislike it then the first one...So instead of being snarky, make sense next time. 

Around the Network
Mazty said:
Millenium said:
Mazty said:
Millenium said:

You suck!

He's not just a successful director, he's a millionaire.... Billionaire, if you're gonna derp, at least be specific about it..I'm guessing you'd like to have more money then you could ever possibly need.  Who doesn't, but I don't have illusions.

So you'd want to be the director who has to release more films reguarly then the one who has to only release one every decade because they are so popular and gross so much? I'd rather be the guy that doesn't spend 10 years tossing himself off whilst waiting for tech to exsist to make a pocahontas remake How'd you figure that out?

More critics to bomb on him? What are you on about? I'm sorry, my brain uses logic and doesn't jump to random conclusions. Releasing another Avatar doesn't mean critics will "bomb on him"... 15 Years ago: Titanic: Big box office, disliked by many now. There is no universal law that a second Avatar film means that more critics will dislike it then the first one... Current: Avatar, harped on by many, nuff said. - Meanwhile, 28 years ago, created The Terminator. 26 years ago, less box office fapping, created arguably the best Aliens film, 23 years ago The Abyss. You think Avatar is going to be remembered for being a good movie like these are? Try using that so called logic of yours again.  So instead of being snarky, make sense next time lmao, says the guy who knows nothing better than trolling, and gets banned for it. Nice one.

Millenium said:
Mazty said:
Millenium said:
Mazty said:
Millenium said:

You suck!

He's not just a successful director, he's a millionaire.... Billionaire, if you're gonna derp, at least be specific about it..I'm guessing you'd like to have more money then you could ever possibly need.  Who doesn't, but I don't have illusions.

So you'd want to be the director who has to release more films reguarly then the one who has to only release one every decade because they are so popular and gross so much? I'd rather be the guy that doesn't spend 10 years tossing himself off whilst waiting for tech to exsist to make a pocahontas remake How'd you figure that out?

More critics to bomb on him? What are you on about? I'm sorry, my brain uses logic and doesn't jump to random conclusions. Releasing another Avatar doesn't mean critics will "bomb on him"... 15 Years ago: Titanic: Big box office, disliked by many now. There is no universal law that a second Avatar film means that more critics will dislike it then the first one... Current: Avatar, harped on by many, nuff said. - Meanwhile, 28 years ago, created The Terminator. 26 years ago, less box office fapping, created arguably the best Aliens film, 23 years ago The Abyss. You think Avatar is going to be remembered for being a good movie like these are? Try using that so called logic of yours again.  So instead of being snarky, make sense next time lmao, says the guy who knows nothing better than trolling, and gets banned for it. Nice one.

No he's a millionaire - you don't just pocket all the revenue of the films you make....
http://xfinity.comcast.net/slideshow/finance-almostbillionaires/james-cameron%20/
At least you derped spectacularly I guess. 

Not having illusions of grandure doesn't mean you are not jealous. Again, a leap of logic. 

I'd rather be the guy that doesn't spend 10 years tossing himself off whilst waiting for tech to exsist to make a pocahontas remake"
A nice ad hominem attack just to give your argument the credibility it needed. You sure are raging at someone you don't even know...
Who dislikes Titanic now? It won 14 oscars; I don't think a film needs more recognition then that.  Avatar may not have the same following as Terminator or Aliens but it still made a killer amount of money and helped push CGI to the next level. Every film doesn't have to be a masterpiece. 
You say I know only how to troll yet your  argument is based on incorrect facts as well as fallacies. Not quite sure how you can then label me as the troll....And as for the ban, I can't help it if some mods are bias, and yes, a certain mod has been spoken to over it so that isn't a tin-foil hat comment. 

It's a sad day when on a forum someone can't admit they have made a mistake and instead of replying they make snide comments on their wall....I think that is testament to both their attitude and strength of their  argument. 

Oh good, that means I won't even need to think about whether to see another Jim Cameron Movie again. Avatar was such rubbish, other than the visuals, that it's an automatic nuh-uh from me for all Avatar Movies for ever.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Mazty said:
Millenium said:
Mazty said:
Millenium said:

You suck!

He's not just a successful director, he's a millionaire.....I'm guessing you'd like to have more money then you could ever possibly need. 

So you'd want to be the director who has to release more films reguarly then the one who has to only release one every decade because they are so popular and gross so much? How'd you figure that out?

More critics to bomb on him? What are you on about? I'm sorry, my brain uses logic and doesn't jump to random conclusions. Releasing another Avatar doesn't mean critics will "bomb on him"...There is no universal law that a second Avatar film means that more critics will dislike it then the first one...So instead of being snarky, make sense next time. 

Maybe it's just me but I'd rather be PT Anderson any day of the week over James Cameron. Money isn't everything and I'd rather be known for creating amazing, memorable movies than be known for getting rich off film-making. Shit, I could list at lest 100 directors I'd rather be than Cameron... Including George Lucas, insanity and all. Popularity does not equal meritocracy.

James Cameron has three ideas and he just reuses them. That's not someone I'd want to be any more than I'd want to be Justin Beiber. I'd rather be his ex-wife with the pure trashy awesome of Point Break and the pure awesome of Hurt Locker under my belt.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Avatar was so mediocre and cliché...

The villain had a scar on his face! It's scientifically proved, movies with villain with scars on their faces suck! You can't argue that! Don't even bother looking for exceptions!