By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - James Cameron will only make 'Avatar' movies from now on

Millenium said:
Hey Cameron. Feel free to take a arrow to the knee.

You suck!

I obviously doubt it, but I hope Avatar goes downhill fast in terms of box office, just to shove it in his face.

Shove what in his face? He's already made billions and broken the record for highest grossing movie, which was another one of his....Jealous much?

Around the Network

I don't see a 2nd one doing as well as the 1st. The 1st mainly did well on the hype surrounding the tech in the movie. Unless there is a news story about it, I don't ever hear people talking about it. Especially no one talking about how "awesome" it was. No one is quoting any lines from the movie anywhere. Basically, its a movie that won't stand the test of time. I don't think there is really any strong desire for further stories in the world of Avatar.

Ostro said:

Launched a new saga? Yeah, but with one of Hollywood's standard stories about love between two different species, social classes, whatever which is to be found in about 80% of cinema movies :D

superchunk said:
So basically, he wants his own Star Wars of unending money revenue.

While I am intrigued... there is no Yoda. Without a Yoda... fail they will.

He will come up with a blue Yoda :P

Well Yoda was ripped out of Lost Horison anyway

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

everyone slams is because its so popular. just look at these comments.

I liked Avatar even though the story was derivative. But the idea of Cameron making nothing else from now on is a disappointing one. While he can veer to being overly cautious/calculating on narrative he's still knocked it out the park a few times and it's a shame to lose any sense he might try something new.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network

Avatar copied Ferngully and Dances With Wolves, my bet is that the new one will copy Pocahontas and Mullan, and maybe Cars.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

More shmavashmar, as if we didn't have enough, after 5 minutes of the first one.

PS. I'm kidding, I kinda liked the movie. But Sam is unworthington of me.

pezus said:
Don't get me wrong, I liked Avatar in 3D, but the story just wasn't that interesting. And now that everything is 3D, Avatar 2 won't be nearly as hyped or popular

This is pretty much how I feel about it.

Also, the movie went on too long.  If the movie ended right after the tree was torn down I would have been happy.  Instead I got the cliched happy ending that made me unhappy.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

It's funny that Cameron is only going to make Avatar films because for the past 25 years, he's been making the same film over and over again (with a few exceptions like Titanic). I recently watched The Abyss and was cracking up over how he uses the SAME CHARACTERS OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN. Aliens, The Abyss, Avatar, they're all pretty much the same goddamned film.

I'm not saying they're bad films when viewed independently (well, mostly The Abyss or Aliens) but as a whole, they show just how limited Cameron's scope of imagination can be. James Cameron always has and always will be a poor imitation of George Lucas, even when you factor in how Lucas has slowly gone insane over the past 20 years.

PS. Avatar was a mix of mediocre and terrible. I cannot express how much I do not care about the sequel.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

And even George Lucas is a poor imitation of himself.