By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony's E3 Press Conference Dubbed 'The Future Of Gameplay And Innovation'

superchunk said:
VGKing said:
superchunk said:

VGKing said:
Although I'm seeing all 3 conferendes(like I always do) I'm most excited for Sony's. They're the only ones that seem to actually give a damn about us core gamers.

*sig is big pic of SSB clone*

Looks at your statement and then your sig. Yeah... ok.

As for your statement, 360 has almost the exact same library. Where its different... well its just different as 1st party offerings are pretty much equal in their own right.

1st party matters. It's what differentiates consoles from one another.

Who cares about timed-exclusive DLC? What really matters is a variety of exclusive games. Right now PS3 offers the best and most varied exclusives.(IMO)

So what Sony first party titles don't have comparable games on 360. Hint, there's a reason 3rd party games heavily outsell Sony games on Sony hardware.

GT, God of War, Uncharted, LBP, etc and etc... its all similar to sooo many other games. ok, ya know I'd actually have to give you LBP as that really is more unique. However, nothing else is. EVerything else has a very much identical type of game in almost every way. Plus they share all the same 3rd parties.

The only reason I bought a PS3 over a 360 was for the free online play and bluray player. Otherwise it was Gears of War vs Uncharted as far as I was concerned.

You know what, scratch all that. Its off topic and not where I wanted my inital comment to you to go anyways. In reality I was just poking fun at your comment and the fact that you have a SSB clone game in your sig. It just seemed funny.

I'm sorry but are you feigning ignorance here? Because certain games have certain similarities or are in the same genre, the two console's exclusives are somehow 'very much identical?' Please don't tell me this is real.

I'll ignore the first paragraph because it means nothing, unless you can convince me otherwise..

Around the Network
youarebadatgames said:
VGKing said:
superchunk said:

VGKing said:
Although I'm seeing all 3 conferendes(like I always do) I'm most excited for Sony's. They're the only ones that seem to actually give a damn about us core gamers.

As for your statement, 360 has almost the exact same library. Where its different... well its just different as 1st party offerings are pretty much equal in their own right.

Who cares about timed-exclusive DLC? What really matters is a variety of exclusive games. Right now PS3 offers the best and most varied exclusives.(IMO)

Most people who buy games don't give a shit about 1st party because 3rd party games are usually better.  I'd say most of the best games this gen has been 3rd party stuff.

Sal.Paradise said:

I'm sorry but are you feigning ignorance here? Because certain games have certain similarities or are in the same genre, the two console's exclusives are somehow 'very much identical?' Please don't tell me this is real.

I'll ignore the first paragraph because it means nothing, unless you can convince me otherwise..

Over, what.... 95% of all games on PS360 are multiplat 3rd party titles and are identical.

Then you compare their first party titles.

Are they different games? Yes.

Are there games in each genre between the two companies that are comparable and overall similar? Yes.

To me, that means that the two consoles have nearly the same exact game library. Its not ignorant or wrong. Its just simple facts. PS360 are overall very much the same. Why do you think people have called them the "HD Twins" since 2006?

superchunk said:
Sal.Paradise said:

Over, what.... 95% of all games on PS360 are multiplat 3rd party titles and are identical.

Are there games in each genre between the two companies that are comparable and overall similar? Yes.

To me, that means that the two consoles have nearly the same exact game library. Its not ignorant or wrong. Its just simple facts. PS360 are overall very much the same. Why do you think people have called them the "HD Twins" since 2006?

Microsoft does not have a flagship platformer, nor hack N slash, handfuls of flagships of platforming adventure titles, they do not have creation titles, They do not have intuative action adventure with their peripheral, They don't have a kart game .

Within their last surviving first party they have a shooter and a racer and they don't even know which genre their fable franchis is anymore...somewhere between action adventure and RPG, but now its a rails RPG or something.

It's not that Microsoft is the same as Sony. It's Sony has the genres Microsoft has and then some. 

95 percent of their games are not identical, their multiplat library is identical. Sony might be catching up in million sellers as a whole, but Sony has more successful exclusives and higher rated ones at that in percentage.  HD Twins doesn't refer to Microsoft and Sony's library but the fact that they are both Hi-Def gaming consoles unlike the Wii which has just above last gen graphics. I don't even think it hits 720p whereas the 360 and PS3 can be 720 natively but can be upscaled at 1080. Franchises like Uncharted, Killzone and God of War and GT5 on the PS3 thrive on 1080p though and are still unrivaled by the 360's exclusives in that department.

They basically have to chose between a PS Vita focus or letting it burn in hell. PS Vita needs some new REALLY big announcements more than the PS3 does. They should drop the last minute megaton for the Vita this year. The PS3 is just doing fine for its age IMO.

And DO NOT CUT THE PRICE! Make the hardware profitable and do a Gamecube to secure your business. It is time to wake up and NOT go for market share but for a sustainable business.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network
superchunk said:
Sal.Paradise said:

What 360 exclusives are similar to LBP, Infamous, Journey, flower, Heavy Rain or God of War? And these are just the western exclusives. I can see the comparison between say Killzone and Halo, or ofcourse Forza and Gran turismo, but that's about it. Even Uncharted and Gears only have really have one thing in common, third person shooting.

DirtyP2002 said:
They basically have to chose between a PS Vita focus or letting it burn in hell. PS Vita needs some new REALLY big announcements more than the PS3 does. They should drop the last minute megaton for the Vita this year. The PS3 is just doing fine for its age IMO.

And DO NOT CUT THE PRICE! Make the hardware profitable and do a Gamecube to secure your business. It is time to wake up and NOT go for market share but for a sustainable business.

Pointing out the obvious lol. And PS3 doing just fine? Its the best selling console going into its 6th year, its a money making machine right now.

They said they have 20 new announcements, I bet its 12 for the VITA and 8 for PS3 wich will be great.

superchunk said:
VGKing said:
superchunk said:

VGKing said:

So what Sony first party titles don't have comparable games on 360. Hint, there's a reason 3rd party games heavily outsell Sony games on Sony hardware.

GT, God of War, Uncharted, LBP, etc and etc... its all similar to sooo many other games. ok, ya know I'd actually have to give you LBP as that really is more unique. However, nothing else is. EVerything else has a very much identical type of game in almost every way. Plus they share all the same 3rd parties.

The only reason I bought a PS3 over a 360 was for the free online play and bluray player. Otherwise it was Gears of War vs Uncharted as far as I was concerned.

You know what, scratch all that. Its off topic and not where I wanted my inital comment to you to go anyways. In reality I was just poking fun at your comment and the fact that you have a SSB clone game in your sig. It just seemed funny.

I would have agreed with your statement "PS3 has identical games to 360" if Sony's machine didn't have:

Heavy Rain

Infamous series

LittleBigPlanet series

God of War series

Yakuza series

Ratchets and Clanks and Sly 4

Strategy rpg's like Disgaea series

and Vallkyria Chronicles

Once in a liftetime experiences like Flower and Journey

Twisted Metal

Yep, if Sony didn't have these, I would have agreed with you, unfortunatly these games exists so I can't agree with you.

Turkish said:
DirtyP2002 said:

Pointing out the obvious lol. And PS3 doing just fine? Its the best selling console going into its 6th year, its a money making machine right now.

They said they have 20 new announcements, I bet its 12 for the VITA and 8 for PS3 wich will be great.

I lol'd pretty hard for the money making machine.

It lost billions over billions and started to make a tiny profit in the past 6 months and suddenly it is a money making machine. Overall, it is still a financial nightmare for Sony. To avoid the same financial nightmare all over again, the PS Vita needs to be saved. And no, the PS3 is not selling unbelievably hot right now. It is the best selling console in its 6th year sounds pretty euphoric, but it is competing against another 6 year old console with a successor already announced and a 7 year old console. Of course sales are pretty slow for all 3 competitors.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

DirtyP2002 said:
Turkish said:
DirtyP2002 said:

I lol'd pretty hard for the money making machine.

It lost billions over billions and started to make a tiny profit in the past 6 months and suddenly it is a money making machine. Overall, it is still a financial nightmare for Sony. To avoid the same financial nightmare all over again, the PS Vita needs to be saved. And no, the PS3 is not selling unbelievably hot right now. It is the best selling console in its 6th year sounds pretty euphoric, but it is competing against another 6 year old console with a successor already announced and a 7 year old console. Of course sales are pretty slow for all 3 competitors.

Don't understand why you would lol since I said its making money right now, is it such a shock to you? PS3 is making money since 2010. PS3 does sell hot, they make a profit on every PS3 sold, it is the best selling console at the moment. It is selling better than any of its competitors in its 6th year. Sales slow down for all 3 consoles but YoY PS3 had the smallest drop. Don't compare Vita with the PS3, PS3 had huge development costs and they were making a loss of 200bucks on every PS3 at launch. With the PSV they probably made a profit on launch models.