By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What was the best looking Wii Game? Top 3 games!

lilbroex said:
Xenoblade has some nice artistic design but graphically it was atrocious. The textures were all low res and they 2 digit hands. If the last story did no more than one thing better than Xenoblade, it was definitely graphics.

The top 3.
Mario Galaxy 2
Zangeki no Reginleiv
Monster Hunter Tri

I would say that Xenoblade Chronicles was a good looking Wii game, it's just that the Wii's horsepower wasn't used evenly in regard to different areas of graphical quality; the draw distances were nothing short of fantastic, but as a result other areas suffered, such as character models, circle shadows, occasional slowdown in hectic battles, etc.  I agree that the Last Story was much better graphically though, I just wished it ran at a rock solid 60fps while outputting those visuals though.

Around the Network

Muramasa
Xenoblade
Zelda: Skyward Sword

Steam/Origin ID: salorider

Nintendo Network ID: salorider

PSN: salorider

3DS Friend Code: 4983-4984-4179

Saying XC looks atrocious is atrocious........

Also, Nintendo Earthseeker please.

SMG2/ RE:DC/ M:OM... I cant tell the order, but those games looked pretty sharp when I tried them out

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Xenoblade.

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.

The Last Story.

Around the Network

Super Mario Galaxy 2
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Donkey Kong Country Returns

Shout out to
The Conduit 2, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, Epic Mickey, Xenoblade, Last Story, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles and Monster Hunter Tri.

Draw distance is no great feat. There were many N64 games that had huge draw distances(Legend of the Mystical Ninja, Mario 64, Banjo Kazooie, Major's Mask,  etc). Have you taken a good look at how far the draw distance in Mario Galaxy 2 is? It had huge draw distances and superb graphics "on the Wii." That as merely a design choice in Xenoblade. The polygon count and texture quality were all low across the board Xenoblade.  There were few texture effects if it used any at all.

Everyone is saying Xenoblade looks good, because they like the game and want it to be associated with nothing but positive attributes even if they don't apply.

Xenoblade was a "seemingly" technically impressive games, but nothing about it was graphically impressive. Same with Muramasa. It used 2D sprites.

People aren't answering the question, what are the best looking games. They are answering the question, which game out of the games that you liked the most do you want to be listed as having the best grapics. There is no reasoning or logic behind their choice other than that they like those games.

"Draw distance is no great feat."
you lost me there.......

lilbroex said:

Draw distance is no great feat. There were many N64 games that had huge draw distances(Legend of the Mystical Ninja, Mario 64, Banjo Kazooie, Major's Mask,  etc). Have you taken a good look at how far the draw distance in Mario Galaxy 2 is? It had huge draw distances and superb graphics "on the Wii." That as merely a design choice in Xenoblade. The polygon count and texture quality were all low across the board Xenoblade.  There were few texture effects if it used any at all.

Everyone is saying Xenoblade looks good, because they like the game and want it to be associated with nothing but positive attributes even if they don't apply.

Xenoblade was a "seemingly" technically impressive games, but nothing about it was graphically impressive. Same with Muramasa. It used 2D sprites.

People aren't answering the question, what are the best looking games. They are answering the question, which game out of the games that you liked the most do you want to be listed as having the best grapics. There is no reasoning or logic behind their choice other than that they like those games.

The question is "what was the best looking Wii game?", not "which Wii game had objectively the most impressive graphics from a technical standpoint?".

lilbroex said:

@ Bolded what??? I can understand what you are saying about xenoblade but muramasa. It's probably one of the most eye pleasing games this entire generation acorss any platform 2d spirites or not. That's the difference between a developer just packing a game with hd graphics,shaders,bitmaping,10x antialiasing and saying here good graphics with these grey and black games and one that actually knows how to make a game look beautiful.

Technically impressive and visually impressive are two different things, just ask High voltage.

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)