By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why Do You Like (and Dislike) Nintendo/Sony/Microsoft The Most?

Tagged games:

Which Do You Like the Most?

Nintendo. 80 45.45%

Sony. 71 40.34%

Microsoft. 21 11.93%

Total:172
Chark said:
... Is Sony just being haunted by a few bad moments...

I think that's what's happening here.

Around the Network
Jay520 said:
Conegamer said:

Correct, but without any quantification it's an opinion, not a fact.

Opinion- "I think we're the best!"

Fact- "We're the best, because we've won the championship!"

A fact is a fact if there's proof behind it. Sony go around acting like their opinion is fact, and they know it. And they don't even try to quantify it. Instead, they belittle the competition and act like they know everything (*cough* Kevin Butler *cough*). That's what irks me.

Interesting.

I don't think I've witnessed Sony touting their opinion as fact any more than the other Big Two. What evidence do you have to support your claim other than just Kevin Butler's existence?

Here's a few non-Butler ones I could find (because everything with Butler in is funny, but it does pretty much confirm what I was saying) 

John Koller-Marketing executive:

If Nintendo is really committed to reaching a broader, more diverse audience of gamers beyond the ‘kids’ market that they've always engaged, there isn't much new with the DSi to support that. Significant gamer demographic groups are being ignored, and there continues to be limited opportunities for games from external publishers to do well on the DSi. Compare that with the PSP platform, where we have many blockbuster franchises from our publishing partners launching this year, representing a wide variety of genres and targeting diverse demographics. Games such as Rock Band Unplugged from MTV Games, Assassin's Creed from Ubisoft, Dissidia Final Fantasy from Square Enix, and Hannah Montana from Disney demonstrate the commitment that publishers have to the PSP. From our own first-party studios, we're launching unique versions of LittleBigPlanet and MotorStorm, and we're also planning a steady stream of downloadable games -- both new titles and PSone classics -- to add to the content that PSP owners can already purchase wirelessly through PlayStation Store.

Ken Kutaragi- Exec

"You can communicate to a new cybercity. Did you see the movie The Matrix? Same interface. Same concept. Starting from next year, you can jack into The Matrix!"

"The PS3 is not a game machine. It's something else. It's better than that. "

"[We want] consumers to think to themselves 'I will work more hours to buy one'. We want people to feel that they want it, irrespective of anything else."

"It's probably too cheap ... This is the PS3 price. Expensive, cheap -- we don't want you to think of it in terms of game machines. Because the PS3 is like nothing else."

Jack Tretton:

"If you can find a PS3 anywhere in North America that's been on shelves for more than five minutes, I'll give you 1200 bucks for it." 

> "[Microsoft and Nintendo] are starting to run out of steam now in terms of continuing to be relevant in 2011 and beyond. I mean, you’ve gotta be kidding me. Why would I buy a gaming system without a hard drive in it? How does this thing scale? Motion gaming is cute, but if I can only wave my arms six inches, how does this really feel like I’m doing true accurate motion gaming? Our view of the ‘Game Boy experience’ is that it’s a great babysitting tool, (but) no self-respecting 20-something is going to be sitting on an airplane with one of those. He’s too old for that."

"The next generation starts when we say so"

"The PS3 is still dominant (mid '07)

And who could forget 'It only does everything'? There's many, many more, but that's a good example of the over-confidence and arrogance I was talking about.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

"I think this title does an excellent job of showing what makes Move a better and different system than other motion controls that are out there. It's tighter, it's cleaner, it's more precise - I don't think you could do a game like this on either Kinect or Wii. I don't think technically they'd be able to support this kind of gameplay." - Brian Upton, creative director at Sony Santa Monica

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/329956/sorcery-shows-why-move-is-better-than-kinect-and-wii-says-sony/

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

I think we should stop right here. We're derailing a thread.

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

BHR-3 said:
ms
dislike
there focus on online gaming, achievments, dlc its ruining gaming
console failure rate
bulling sony and nintendo

controller
exclusive games

sony
dislike
not caring for 3rd partys
not focusing on shooters seem to only care bout the east ie GT5s car list

free online
amount of exclusives

nintendo
dislike
focusing on kiddy SW

there a critical part of the gaming industry
they seem nice and dont bully or mock others

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ms3r2o_eqX4

Around the Network

Nintendo:
Dislike: They have the tools to dominate the industry, but for some reason refuse to use them.
They often insist on being unique even when it does not make sense.
Like: They are the top publisher in the world, bar none.

Sony:
Dislike: Arrogance and the fact that they never seem to learn their lessons.
Relatively little original input into the industry.
Like: They do a good job of building software libraries in combining first and third party exclusives.

Microsoft:
Dislike: They are the current standard-bearers for "extreme" in the industry, an attitude which needs to be minimized.
Too much emphasis on online play
Like: Although they over-emphasize online play, they do get credit for making the whole process as smooth as they have.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Pokemonbrawlvg said:
I think we should stop right here. We're derailing a thread.

I agree. There's 11 quotes from 5 different Sony execs. I think that's enough to convey my point

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Truthfully, I don't think Sony has been too arrogant since the PS3 launch.
“The next generation doesn’t start until we say it does.” - Kaz Hirai

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Conegamer said:

Here's a few non-Butler ones I could find (because everything with Butler in is funny, but it does pretty much confirm what I was saying) 

John Koller-Marketing executive:

If Nintendo is really committed to reaching a broader, more diverse audience of gamers beyond the ‘kids’ market that they've always engaged, there isn't much new with the DSi to support that. Significant gamer demographic groups are being ignored, and there continues to be limited opportunities for games from external publishers to do well on the DSi. Compare that with the PSP platform, where we have many blockbuster franchises from our publishing partners launching this year, representing a wide variety of genres and targeting diverse demographics. Games such as Rock Band Unplugged from MTV Games, Assassin's Creed from Ubisoft, Dissidia Final Fantasy from Square Enix, and Hannah Montana from Disney demonstrate the commitment that publishers have to the PSP. From our own first-party studios, we're launching unique versions of LittleBigPlanet and MotorStorm, and we're also planning a steady stream of downloadable games -- both new titles and PSone classics -- to add to the content that PSP owners can already purchase wirelessly through PlayStation Store.

Ken Kutaragi- Exec

"You can communicate to a new cybercity. Did you see the movie The Matrix? Same interface. Same concept. Starting from next year, you can jack into The Matrix!"

"The PS3 is not a game machine. It's something else. It's better than that. "

"[We want] consumers to think to themselves 'I will work more hours to buy one'. We want people to feel that they want it, irrespective of anything else."

"It's probably too cheap ... This is the PS3 price. Expensive, cheap -- we don't want you to think of it in terms of game machines. Because the PS3 is like nothing else."

And who could forget 'It only does everything'? There's many, many more, but that's a good example of the over-confidence and arrogance I was talking about

I was responding to these quotes, but I see you've added a lot more. I shall work on explaining why most of those quotes don't prove your point and I'll post some Nintendo & Microsoft quotes to show that they are just as bad as Sony. (or at least a few of Son'y employees). This may take a while though.

This is a good thread, but lol at people acting like there is honor and formality when it comes to companies competing and relating to the competition. Not thinking in reality.

That said, has anyone said the love MS the most yet?