By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why Do You Like (and Dislike) Nintendo/Sony/Microsoft The Most?

Tagged games:

Which Do You Like the Most?

Nintendo. 80 45.45%

Sony. 71 40.34%

Microsoft. 21 11.93%

Total:172
NintendoPie said:
RolStoppable said:

Congratulations. Your trap worked. It was a totally obvious trap, but it worked regardless.

What are you talking about? That I found out that he just hates Nintendo through and through?

You know, that I don't mind. It's more the complete lack of justification which irks me.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

i can't really say i dislike either of them. they've done som stupid things this gen, and had some bad luck, but that isn't a good enough reason to dislike either of them.

XB360 just doesn't have enough exclusives for me to support them, so i don't. as you've mentioned in another thread and i quote, "why would you buy a PS3 for one game" end quote.

well i ask the same question without the spin. why buy any console for one game.

I love this thread.

Nintendo
Dislike
Focus on kiddy and casual
Doesn't listen enough to consumers
Caught in its own management does not listen to outside influence or competition
Out of touch with most advancements in the gaming world despite major budget
Fans are too often in denial and fail to see the diversity in the industry

Orchestrated music
History of video gaming magic
Can cater to all tests when wants to
Some stellar software (Mario Galaxy, Twilight Princess)
Is improving on certain lackings in story and look and feel.
Created my favorite franchises
Smash Bros.

Sony
Dislike
Don't like most of the fans (can't say anything negative)
Came into the market to destroy Nintendo
Has a tendency to belittle competition with petty name-calling
Copies too much, and shamelessly
Some games are too violent, and despite their appeal to me, I can't play them

Nitty gritty 
Great entertainment in AAA games (SotC, Uncharted)
Good marketing in the PS/PS2 days
More focus on adult-tastes
Better in-game story and script
Great music
Good variety in IPs

Microsoft
Dislike
First xbox controller was horrible, console had horrible design (now improving)
Taking Nintendo's opportunity in the core gamer space (Nintendo's fault)
Causes too much focus on Western games and FPS (a balance would be nice)
Choice of colors (neon green) for marketing not my taste.
Initially used too much their money power to win over their competition (now better)

Integration of PC games in the Console market
First to bring a solid online infrastructure
Great 360 controller
Kinect and new interest in casual market
Halo and strong sci-fi IPs
Focus on high-end graphics and sound

NintendoPie said:
...and [Sony] seem to think they are the only ones out there.

What does that mean?

chocoloco said:

Nintendo: I like mario kart and the old school Mario Bros battletoads and a lot of retro games. Now, I hate the wii's lack of HD graphics and find the games they have without stories to get old fast.

MS: I love the continued improvement of live and always enjoy a Halo with brand new campaign and online, so that only excludes one of them. Also love their great downloadable only games which is better than Sony's. Hate their use of timed exclusives and lack of many big budget owned new Ips this gen.

Sony: Love the company's many IPs, most of which I discovered in PS2 era. Always has the 3rd parties and 1st party games I have come to enjoy the most, and a great free online service and a very useful internet service, NHL center ice and much more. Easily offers me the best of the three.
Hate the slow doanload times. lack of cross game chat and the early high price, but hey I could name many more likes and dislikes for each company.

i wish i'd have seen your post before i posted. agree 100%

Around the Network
Jay520 said:
NintendoPie said:
...and they seem to think they are the only ones out there.

What does that mean?

Basically what everyone else is saying. They idolize themselves and think they're the best of the best. They call other companies names and thinks it gets them places, I'm not saying they're a bad gaming company, I'm saying they have a bad mindset.

What did you think I meant?

NintendoPie said:
Jay520 said:
NintendoPie said:
...and they seem to think they are the only ones out there.

What does that mean?

Basically what everyone else is saying. They idolize themselves and think they're the best of the best. They call other companies names and thinks it gets them places, I'm not saying they're a bad gaming company, I'm saying they have a bad mindset.

Are they not the best of the best?

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
chocoloco said:

Nintendo: I like mario kart and the old school Mario Bros battletoads and a lot of retro games. Now, I hate the wii's lack of HD graphics and find the games they have without stories to get old fast.

MS: I love the continued improvement of live and always enjoy a Halo with brand new campaign and online, so that only excludes one of them. Also love their great downloadable only games which is better than Sony's. Hate their use of timed exclusives and lack of many big budget owned new Ips this gen.

Sony: Love the company's many IPs, most of which I discovered in PS2 era. Always has the 3rd parties and 1st party games I have come to enjoy the most, and a great free online service and a very useful internet service, NHL center ice and much more. Easily offers me the best of the three.
Hate the slow doanload times. lack of cross game chat and the early high price, but hey I could name many more likes and dislikes for each company.

i wish i'd have seen your post before i posted. agree 100%

*bro fist bump*

Sony
Like: PS3 Exclusives + Exclusive Content, PSN for free and Consoles and Handhelds I love.
Dislike: Can't market for shit. Needs to advertising for all their exclusives and games.

Nintendo
Like: Nintendo's biggest IPs except Zelda and Metroid. Their honesty and integrity as well as Miyamoto and the creator of Pokemon.
Dislike: Shitty 3rd Party Games, Shitty online.

Microsoft
Like: Halo and Gears of War IP, Xbox Live and great online service, Dashboard
Dislike: Not enough exclusives to compel me to buy a system.

Jay520 said:

Are they not the best of the best?

They are, but that gives them no right to troll the value of their competition.