By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Nintendo E3 thread-14 days to go! Post Predictions! Luigi's Mansion 2 release date for E3? Presentation date- June 5th 9AM/5PM (UK)

TomaTito said:

EDIT: OK fixed, back on topic

I'd like to see

- Wii U eShop: Picross 3D, GC games, Wii games, imports
- New RETRO game
- New Wii U Endless Ocean
- New Wii U Trauma Center

- Advance Wars ... Wii U?

Though a new Endless Ocean would be great, I'm not sure the sales of the second game were enough for Nintendo to justify making a Wii U game, due to how much more it would cost to make an HD version of the game. I think this series is more likely to go to the 3DS if they decide to make a new one.

You have to admit though Fish and Ocean life in 3D would be awesome!

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
zero129 said:
superchunk said:
Price and date makes no sense.

Its already confirmed to be out everywhere by end of year. So, a released date should simply be there as we're only 4 months (by E3) away from whatever date the earliest launch would be.

Price would also be needed as they have to start creating buzz and pre-selling the damn thing.

If they don't give that info by June then when? They need at least a few months of buzz, hype, and pre-orders to correctly identify early demand.

Aside from that, I'm expecting a lot of games. That is what is by far the most important thing. GAMES!!!!

Maybe the price is going to be higher then some of us thing?, so they want to just build up alot of buzz around the games and features etc before they announce the price?, just a guess.

I find it hard to believe the price will be above £225, or $250, so that doesn't seem like the reason...

We shall see soon enough.

Its gonna be $300 USD minimum.

HedgehogClaws said:
Have Nintendo ever revealed a price or launch date for any of their consoles at E3?

I don't believe so.  Not since before GameCube, anyway.  It's humorous to me how many people thought Nintendo was going to announce launch date and price at E3. 

People will have enough to surprise them from game lineup and console details.  Who cares about the price and launch anyway.  It'll be between $299-349, and will come out mid-November.  Doesn't take a genius to figure that stuff out.

sperrico87 said:
HedgehogClaws said:
Have Nintendo ever revealed a price or launch date for any of their consoles at E3?

I don't believe so.  Not since before GameCube, anyway.  It's humorous to me how many people thought Nintendo was going to announce launch date and price at E3. 

People will have enough to surprise them from game lineup and console details.  Who cares about the price and launch anyway.  It'll be between $299-349, and will come out mid-November.  Doesn't take a genius to figure that stuff out.

That's true. They didn't announch those details until September. So, I guess we can expect the same treatment.

superchunk said:
Conegamer said:
zero129 said:
superchunk said:

Its already confirmed to be out everywhere by end of year. So, a released date should simply be there as we're only 4 months (by E3) away from whatever date the earliest launch would be.

Price would also be needed as they have to start creating buzz and pre-selling the damn thing.

If they don't give that info by June then when? They need at least a few months of buzz, hype, and pre-orders to correctly identify early demand.

Aside from that, I'm expecting a lot of games. That is what is by far the most important thing. GAMES!!!!

Maybe the price is going to be higher then some of us thing?, so they want to just build up alot of buzz around the games and features etc before they announce the price?, just a guess.

I find it hard to believe the price will be above £225, or $250, so that doesn't seem like the reason...

I wouldn't imagine so. Nintendo admitted their mistake with high-costs with the 3DS, and wanted to remedy that with a good cost and a good launch-lineup. It's the cost of the tablet controller which will cost ya I think.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
superchunk said:
Conegamer said:
zero129 said:
superchunk said:

I wouldn't imagine so. Nintendo admitted their mistake with high-costs with the 3DS, and wanted to remedy that with a good cost and a good launch-lineup. It's the cost of the tablet controller which will cost ya I think.

If the leaked specs are true, and it's only 360-level performance but with more memory, then $249 isn't impossible if they want to break even and not make a profit.  $299 if they want to be profitable right out of the gate.  $349 if they want only the early adopters to purchase and then hope and pray that word of mouth sells it despite the high cost.  But that might lead to 3DS-like launch problems, so I'd bet $299 or possibly less.

Conegamer said:

Sure, high costs relative to portable consoles and its indirect competitors (smartphones/tablets/etc).

However, on a home console $300 is quite common and not too high.

A 299.99$ price tag is the cheapest Nintendo can afford to sell the console at. A 349.99$ price tag is fully plausible if the hardware is 2.5-5x the power of 360. Also 3DS's price is hardly the reason for its failure, the lack of software was a major blow. Had Nintendo launched with at least 12 first party titles in the launch window and all 30 announced third party games launch window then the hardware would have sold considerably better. Of course hardware costs did play a role but if Nintendo had the software my bet is 3DS would be slightly less successful then DS was in its first year. Nintendo's choice to use Nintendogs as a flagship title with only Pilot Wings and a new IP to support it and very few third party titles let alone many of high quality, was a dire mistake!

I suspect Nintendo will have no problem selling 10-million WiiU's at 350$ let alone 300$ if Nintendo has the kind of first and third party lineup we expect.

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

It can be 599$ for a Wii U for all I care

I will still buy one like the Nintendo fanboy I am :D

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Joelcool7 said:
A 299.99$ price tag is the cheapest Nintendo can afford to sell the console at. A 349.99$ price tag is fully plausible if the hardware is 2.5-5x the power of 360. Also 3DS's price is hardly the reason for its failure, the lack of software was a major blow. Had Nintendo launched with at least 12 first party titles in the launch window and all 30 announced third party games launch window then the hardware would have sold considerably better. Of course hardware costs did play a role but if Nintendo had the software my bet is 3DS would be slightly less successful then DS was in its first year. Nintendo's choice to use Nintendogs as a flagship title with only Pilot Wings and a new IP to support it and very few third party titles let alone many of high quality, was a dire mistake!

I suspect Nintendo will have no problem selling 10-million WiiU's at 350$ let alone 300$ if Nintendo has the kind of first and third party lineup we expect.

This is very true, but it depends on whether or not it continues to sell after the early adopters have picked it up, and can appeal to both 'hardcore' and 'casuals' (no matter how incorrect the term is), or whether or not only the Nintendo loyal will snap it up.

Personally, I'm intrigued, but I'm waiting to see what games are on it, as well as the launch price. If those two things don't add up, then Nintendo will have to wait for my money

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.