By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Nintendo E3 thread-14 days to go! Post Predictions! Luigi's Mansion 2 release date for E3? Presentation date- June 5th 9AM/5PM (UK)

I know this is old news, but...Rayman Legends coming to WiiU! Will be at E3!
Check out the trailer below...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

I hope we will see Fire Emblem Awakening, if not I will be VERY angry! And Iwata doesn't seem like he cares :

"In addition, regarding “Fire Emblem Kakusei” (Japanese title), which was released last week in Japan, its initial sales figure reached the record-high in the series since the GameBoy Advance and we have received a lot of messages from the Club Nintendo members that they bought a game from the series after a long interval. Although we have not decided on a plan to release it overseas, we hope to further increase its sales."

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/120427/03.html

ryuzaki57 said:

I hope we will see Fire Emblem Awakening, if not I will be VERY angry! And Iwata doesn't seem like he cares :

"In addition, regarding “Fire Emblem Kakusei” (Japanese title), which was released last week in Japan, its initial sales figure reached the record-high in the series since the GameBoy Advance and we have received a lot of messages from the Club Nintendo members that they bought a game from the series after a long interval. Although we have not decided on a plan to release it overseas, we hope to further increase its sales."

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/120427/03.html

Well, it's been confirmed for EU, I doubt it won't be coming out in America...

And he says 'not decided on a plan', which means it will be coming, but they haven't decided when, indicating to me that there's a LOT of games coming in the next 6-8 months from Ninty

I have a feeling that Nintendo may be going all-out now. That they'll spend 10-15 mins discussing the final Wii U design and features themselves but unveil a huge amount of games for both the 3DS and Wii-U (under a different name) at E3, both first and third party, but that they'll save a few surprise games for their own conference like two or so months later to unveil with the final price and release date of the Wii U (my money's on sometime in November). I really wouldn't expect to see anything for the Wii/DS, except MAYBE Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 or Pandora's Tower. This is how I'm expecting it to turn out, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it turn out a little differently.

As for Nintendo games that we'll be seeing, I'm expecting to see-

Animal Crossing 3DS

Fire Emblem Awakening

New Super Mario Bros. 2

New Super Mario Bros Mii (Maybe some form of communication between the two, I've also got a feeling that this will be a pack-in game, ala Wii Sports)

Wii Sports U

Wii U mini-game package (with Find Mii and the other games from E3 2011)

Pikmin 3

Retro Studios game (I'm hoping for a DK64 sequel, but Metroid, Star Fox or F-Zero are welcome too)

Brain Age (Very interested in the Devil Horns, amazing, seeing as I wasn't interested in the last one at all :P)

Maybe a few minutes of talking about the ideas they've got for Super Smash Bros. so far.

Nintendo won't announce the price of WiiU because they want to see people's reaction at E3.

And I think that has a lot to do with the power of the console. Some sites suggest that Nintendo will detail the final format and tech details of the console at E3. If Nintendo talks about the hardware it's a sign that they are confident and that it may be more powerful than what rumors say. If that's the case, it's a very good reason to keep quiet on the price point and wait the reactions. Very good reaction, price it a little higher, bad reaction, price it lower, 'meh' reaction, price it in-between.

Also remember that last year Iwata told that they might have to launch it at a loss.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
JEMC said:
Nintendo won't announce the price of WiiU because they want to see people's reaction at E3.

And I think that has a lot to do with the power of the console. Some sites suggest that Nintendo will detail the final format and tech details of the console at E3. If Nintendo talks about the hardware it's a sign that they are confident and that it may be more powerful than what rumors say. If that's the case, it's a very good reason to keep quiet on the price point and wait the reactions. Very good reaction, price it a little higher, bad reaction, price it lower, 'meh' reaction, price it in-between.

Also remember that last year Iwata told that they might have to launch it at a loss.

That's true, actually. They may wish to gauge reaction, maybe throw out some questions, and announce a price afterwards. Don't want to make people mad

If they launch it at a loss, then might would be a mistake IMO.

Conegamer said:
JEMC said:

That's true, actually. They may wish to gauge reaction, maybe throw out some questions, and announce a price afterwards. Don't want to make people mad

A mistake? No doubt. But it may be a necessity.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
Conegamer said:
JEMC said:

You may think so, but imagine the uproar there would be to the shareholders if Nintendo sell it a loss, and thus post ANOTHER yearly loss. Shares would plummet and the haters would come back out, declaring for Nintendo to 'go game-only', and abandon the console market. 

The shareholders hold too much power, which is a shame.

Conegamer said:
JEMC said:
Conegamer said:

You may think so, but imagine the uproar there would be to the shareholders if Nintendo sell it a loss, and thus post ANOTHER yearly loss. Shares would plummet and the haters would come back out, declaring for Nintendo to 'go game-only', and abandon the console market.

Launching the console at a loss doesn't necessary mean losing money as a hole. If the launch is a success (something we all hope), and the hardware losses aren't big, say something like 30 $/€, the difference between launching it for 250 instead of 300 $/€ (for example), they could make enough from the software sales to negate that loss from the hardware. And with 3DS hardware also making money from August, they could post profits again.

JEMC said:
Conegamer said:
JEMC said:
Conegamer said:

Launching the console at a loss doesn't necessary mean losing money as a hole. If the launch is a success (something we all hope), and the hardware losses aren't big, say something like 30 $/€, the difference between launching it for 250 instead of 300 $/€ (for example), they could make enough from the software sales to negate that loss from the hardware. And with 3DS hardware also making money from August, they could post profits again.

Ninty will very likely be back in profits again, as they've written off costs because of the strong yen, and they won't have expensive R&D costs either. The launch will give them monies as well. 

I see your point, though. £40 cheaper can be quite a big thing for people. I know I'd get it if it were £210, but not £250. Also, a bundled game can really sell it to you as well. If you get the console (with 16GB Flash memory), a tablet controller and a game (WiiU Sports?), all of a sudden the cost of entry is highly appealing...