By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Thread - OP Updated

Looks Sweet (Tooth)! I wonder if it will be Move compatible?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network

Let's hope that they don't implement tripping :P (one of the worst additions ever to Brawl over its predecessors)

I think mostly everyone knew this was going to be the type of gameplay for this game. No other fighting game style could have fit, so people really shouldn't be surprised.

Zim said:

... just saw the gameplay. I mean we know they had copies of super smash bros in their office but come on that is kinda ridiculous.

It's not nearly as ridiculous as you think. 

If you're making a game of a certain genre, it would be more ridiculous not to look at other games in the same genre that have done well. 

If you're making a console FPS, look at how Call of Duty and Halo controls and aim assist.

If you're making a third person cover shooter, look at how Gears of War and Uncharted do cover.

If you're making a racing sim, look at Forza and GTA.

If you're making a 2D fighter, look at Street Fighter IV.

If you're making an arcade brawler, look at Smash Bros.

A large part of design is looking at what others did well and making it your own.

AndrewWK said:
Gilgamesh said:
AndrewWK said:
Disappointing, and pathetic. Who the fuck is fat princess? or this dog with the hat? Sony disappointed me a second time this year. This is just sad. I really love Sony and my PS3, but this is embarrassing how can you possibly justify such a cheap knock off?

lol seriously you think that`s the whol character list then 6 that they showed? there's probably going to be 40 more characters thats the purpose of "debut" trailers...and these are really popular characters for your information. 

Yeah I think they have shown all characters allready, and every additional character will be DLC and cost 5€.

I think you misunderstood me. I just asked who those characters are. And I am sure there will be at least 20 characters in there if not more.

Then whats the point in freaking out over a couple characters you didn't know. In the end when we get this huge list of characters did you think your going to like every one of them?

twesterm said:
Zim said:

... just saw the gameplay. I mean we know they had copies of super smash bros in their office but come on that is kinda ridiculous.

It's not nearly as ridiculous as you think. 

If you're making a game of a certain genre, it would be more ridiculous not to look at other games in the same genre that have done well. 

If you're making a console FPS, look at how Call of Duty and Halo controls and aim assist.

If you're making a third person cover shooter, look at how Gears of War and Uncharted do cover.

If you're making a racing sim, look at Forza and GTA.

If you're making a 2D fighter, look at Street Fighter IV.

If you're making an arcade brawler, look at Smash Bros.

A large part of design is looking at what others did well and making it your own.

Well said twesterm, to bad you couldn't quote that to every negative nintendo fan here claiming it's a copy.

Around the Network
Signalstar said:
Looks Sweet (Tooth)! I wonder if it will be Move compatible?

Considering even Brawl wasn't Motion compatible, I'm gonna say no.

Signature goes here!

AndrewWK said:
TrevDaRev said:
AndrewWK said:
Disappointing, and pathetic. Who the fuck is fat princess? or this dog with the hat? Sony disappointed me a second time this year. This is just sad. I really love Sony and my PS3, but this is embarrassing how can you possibly justify such a cheap knock off?

What's wrong with Fat Princess and Parappa?

Nothing I suppose, I was just asking who they are or were. Never heard of em before

What was up with the rant that followed?

AndrewWK said:

sure why not. What you wanna bet for? And we need to set the terms.

A High low bet.

Whoever has the highest attained low, and whoever has the highest attained high, for a period of, let's say, until March 1, which gives it (assuming september release) 6 months give or take.

The stakes, a thread created by the loser, with an op written by the winner.

The super system really seem to take away the fun of how you can kill in smb.

Gilgamesh said:
AndrewWK said:
Gilgamesh said:
AndrewWK said:

lol seriously you think that`s the whol character list then 6 that they showed? there's probably going to be 40 more characters thats the purpose of "debut" trailers...and these are really popular characters for your information. 

Yeah I think they have shown all characters allready, and every additional character will be DLC and cost 5€.

I think you misunderstood me. I just asked who those characters are. And I am sure there will be at least 20 characters in there if not more.

Then whats the point in freaking out over a couple characters you didn't know. In the end when we get this huge list of characters did you think your going to like every one of them?

I didn´t freak out over two characters. They didn´t even bother me. What bothered me was that this is just a pathetic copy that can´t be defended. They just stole somebodys intelectual property. Instead of making something on there own they just copied as much as they could. Of course, the outrage might be too soon, because we haven´t seen the whole game yet (at least I hope there is somthing more), and they might surprise us. But so far it was very disappointing