By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Thread - OP Updated

AndrewWK said:
theprof00 said:

<snip>

What are talking about?

I doubt that it will sell more then 1.5 mil and crtitcaly I expect something between 7-8

I think your really low balling here, you should know that a lot of the developersof this game were made up of ex mortal kombat and other fighting game series developers, they were choosen to specifically make this game, they also worked with Sony Santa Monica for a bit last year to give them a good start too, so I really don't see this getting below 8 at all on metacritic, I'd guess something like 85-88

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
AndrewWK said:

sure why not. What you wanna bet for? And we need to set the terms.

A High low bet.

Whoever has the highest attained low, and whoever has the highest attained high, for a period of, let's say, until March 1, which gives it (assuming september release) 6 months give or take.

The stakes, a thread created by the loser, with an op written by the winner.

And let´s add one more thing to the stakes. The winner chooses the Avatar for the loser and the loser has to keep it for two months

AndrewWK said:
theprof00 said:
AndrewWK said:

A High low bet.

Whoever has the highest attained low, and whoever has the highest attained high, for a period of, let's say, until March 1, which gives it (assuming september release) 6 months give or take.

And let´s add one more thing to the stakes. The winner chooses the Avatar for the loser and the loser has to keep it for two months

Sure thing.

Let's see your prediction. I will post mine in a quicktopic right now.

Well I will leave this to the Nintendo fans vs Sony fans.

But my 360 centric take on this is: Not gonna come close to Smash Bros reviews or sales, and aside from Nathan Drake and Kratos its gonna be the most WTF list of characters seen in a "Big 3" fighting game.

Color me amused.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

theprof00 said:
AndrewWK said:
theprof00 said:
AndrewWK said:

A High low bet.

Sure thing.

Let's see your prediction. I will post mine in a quicktopic right now.

Ok I say it will sell: less 990k copies in 6 months

and it will have 7.5 on metacritic

Around the Network
AndrewWK said:

Ok I say it will sell: less 990k copies in 6 months

and it will have 7.5 on metacritic

http://www.quicktopic.com/47/H/8wYfdBnRtP6

3.2-3.8

8.2+

sales2099 said:

But my 360 centric take on this is: Not gonna come close to Smash Bros reviews or sales, and aside from Nathan Drake and Kratos its gonna be the most WTF list of characters seen in a "Big 3" fighting game.

Color me amused.

Don't worry, the last words are in my head, appropriately aimed at "Big 3 fighting game" LOL it's so funny. I'd say it, but I won't sully the thread with negativity.

theprof00 said:
sales2099 said:

Color me amused.

Don't worry, the last words are in my head, appropriately aimed at "Big 3 fighting game" LOL it's so funny. I'd say it, but I won't sully the thread with negativity.

If your implying MS doesnt have enough characters to make their own, the success and recognizability of Halo and Gears alone would give MS a superior roster. 

A Grunt has more recognition and potential then Parappa.....a Wretch has more recognition and potential then Fat Princess lol. I could go on but I wanna keep this Nintendo vs Sony as it should be. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Awesome to see this thread so postive.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

sales2099 said:
theprof00 said:
sales2099 said:

Color me amused.

If your implying MS doesnt have enough characters to make their own, the success and recognizability of Halo and Gears alone would give MS a superior roster. 

A Grunt has more recognition and potential then Parappa lol

3/10 

I expect better, sales. To be a troll, you need to troll the other company...not your own