By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Thread - OP Updated

Some comments here are ridiculous!! But if you guys keep quoting them, it will continue this troll-fest!

Around the Network

I fail to see how its a clone, considering it has its own vast array of characters and maps.

by nintendo fans logic, guilty gear is a ripoff of street fighter. tekken and bloody roar are ripoffs of virtua fighter. Dead or alive is a ripoff of tekken.

playstaion all-stars follows the same formula as super smash bros, but all the ingredients are vastly different and, by the looks of this gameplay, well polished.

nintendo fans are not the only ones allowed to have a callab fighter. quit whining

theprof00 said:
AndrewWK said:
Disappointing, and pathetic. Who the fuck is fat princess? or this dog with the hat? Sony disappointed me a second time this year. This is just sad. I really love Sony and my PS3, but this is embarrassing how can you possibly justify such a cheap knock off?

Ummm because it's what we wanted?

I wonder what the word count in this thread is for "embarrassing". Calm down brothers.

What we wanted?

Whos is we? You might be right, we wanted to a game were Playstation Characters fight each other, something like Marvel vs. Capcom or Super Smash brothers. but I think we didn´t wan´t Super Smash brothers HD. And let me ask you something brother, do you really think this game will be commercial and or critical success?  

I admit the word "embarassing" doesn´t really fit, I used to dramatize my post.

Sony copies Nintendo, Sony copies Nintendo, Sony copies Nintendo, Sony copies Nintendo, Sony copies Nintendo, Sony copies Nintendo, Sony copies Nintendo, Sony copies Nintendo, Sony copies Nintendo, Sony copies Nintendo, Sony copies Nintendo, Sony copies Nintendo, Sony copies Nintendo , Sony copies Nintendo, Sony copies Nintendo,
Sony copies Nintendo, Sony copies Nintendo, Sony copies Nintendo, Sony copies Nintendo, Sony copies Nintendo..

There you guys happy now.

Can we talk about the game now?

gentii said:
snfr said:
Some people's comments are really funny, ridiculous and also quite predictable.

However, it looks a lot like Smash Bros., but I enjoyed every single SSB game. So I'm definitely interested in this and I'm looking forward to more info. I also hope that Sony tries a few new things that Nintendo haven't done with Show

SONY is so great for Copying Nintendo !!! Well Done SONY

GOO SONY? COPY the next thing THE Wii U Tablet

hahahahahahahahahahaha everything when copy is MADE IN CHINA hahahahahahahhaha SONY CHINA

Thanks for indirectly implying that I'm a Sony fanboy, it gives me a reason to report you. (You're also probably an alt...)

"Childish" is an understatement for someone like you.

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

Around the Network
Turkish said:
I fail to see how its a clone, considering it has its own vast array of characters and maps.

by nintendo fans logic, guilty gear is a ripoff of street fighter. tekken and bloody roar are ripoffs of virtua fighter. Dead or alive is a ripoff of tekken.

playstaion all-stars follows the same formula as super smash bros, but all the ingredients are vastly different and, by the looks of this gameplay, well polished.

nintendo fans are not the only ones allowed to have a callab fighter. quit whining

turk it's definitely a rip-off, but who the fuck cares. Game looks fucking sweet. No fucks given. AHHAHAHAHAHA

Turkish said:
Zim said:

... just saw the gameplay. I mean we know they had copies of super smash bros in their office but come on that is kinda ridiculous.

Not to mention the first characters shown and it's already as embarrassing as I feared it would be. Radec from Killzone? ..... yes he's almost as well known as pikachu I believe. Fat Princess? It was a good game but again a totally forgettable character from only a few years ago.

It just looks like such an embarrassing cheap knock off. It's the type of thing you would expect to see posted on youtube as ''Chinese knock-off of SSB found!'' alongside videos of the Vii and other knock off consoles.

EDIT: Just wanted to add that if someone like Gameloft made this then EVERYONE would be disgusted. But because it's Sony suddenly some people think it's fine. 

Who cares if Fat Princess is a forgettable character? Its still a Sony one, what do you expect, Pikachu to be in PS All Stars? If you're gonna act like this then just don't watch any gameplay videos anymore cuz when Sony shows some PS1 and PS2 characters from 15 years ago you might faint.

Ness was included because he was a mostly forgotten character from an old popular series. Notice how I have no problem with Parappa the rapper, because he's great. An old fan favourite brought back. FP however is ..... well nothing. 

Again I love how the Sony fans think this is fine but when mobile companies bring out something like Rolando they are up in arms. 

The fact is you can do this genre without it being a total knock-off. Jump Super stars springs to mind as being a pretty unique take. Whereas we know this developer was playing Smash bros and it seems they simply took as much as they could.

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.

TrevDaRev said:
AndrewWK said:
Disappointing, and pathetic. Who the fuck is fat princess? or this dog with the hat? Sony disappointed me a second time this year. This is just sad. I really love Sony and my PS3, but this is embarrassing how can you possibly justify such a cheap knock off?

What's wrong with Fat Princess and Parappa?

Nothing I suppose, I was just asking who they are or were. Never heard of em before

AndrewWK said:
theprof00 said:
AndrewWK said:

Ummm because it's what we wanted?

I wonder what the word count in this thread is for "embarrassing". Calm down brothers.

What we wanted?

Whos is we? You might be right, we wanted to a game were Playstation Characters fight each other, something like Marvel vs. Capcom or Super Smash brothers. but I think we didn´t wan´t Super Smash brothers HD. And let me ask you something brother, do you really think this game will be commercial and or critical success?  

I admit the word "embarassing" doesn´t really fit, I used to dramatize my post.

So then they could call it a MvC rip-off? And possibly make fun of it for not copying the superior brawler? lol?

Yes, this will be a commercial success, easily. Critical? Hmmm....maybe not, but I can see it selling at least 1.8m and at max 4-5m

theprof00 said:
VicViper said:
^ From Eurogamer

None of this really strays from the Smash Bros. formula, but the scoring method has notable differences. Attacking foes fills an AP bar at the bottom of the screen, which grants three levels of a super attack once filled. You can attack an opponent all day, but the only way you'll actually score a point is if you KO them with a super attack. Level one attacks are usually limited, such as Parappa's spin kick. Once you get to level three, however, you're almost guaranteed a couple of points with screen-clearing attacks. Parappa breaks into a rap performance that annihilates nearby opponents, while Sweet Tooth transforms into his robot form for an insane damage boost.

That sounds...awkward.

I'm hoping that's ironed out by release.

I think this sorts this question: it's a death system, but needs specials to achieve them:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/hit-points-playstation-all-stars/729627

(end of the video)

The strange part is that level 1 can kill, so a match can be over in 20 seconds? Probably not, its probably whoever kills most by time's end gets the win. But where's the count?