By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Media Create Sales: Week 16 - April 16-22

Blimey, 9 3DS titles in the top 20 and 5 of those are third party titles. I have a sneaking suspicion that we'll find that third parties in Japan are going to be all over U development when those NDAs are relaxed. And how long before Sony implement their own 3DS-esque panic price cut..? Desparately needed imo.

Around the Network
VGKing said:
Paul said:
I think Sony should unleash the PSVita Go at this point. Time to pull out the big guns.

PSVita Go? That doesn't make sense.

PSP Go was a pure digital handheld for the sake of portability and getting rid of that clunky UMD drive.

PS Vita's cartridge slot isn't clunky at all and it already has ALL PS Vita games on PSN. There will never be a "PS Vita Go". Especially after the failure the PSP Go was. It left a bad taste in people's mouths.

^C'mon, VGKing! :D

That was the most sarcastic sarcasm ever in VGChartz! Turn on your detector!

VicViper said:
VGKing said:
Paul said:
I think Sony should unleash the PSVita Go at this point. Time to pull out the big guns.

PSVita Go? That doesn't make sense.

PSP Go was a pure digital handheld for the sake of portability and getting rid of that clunky UMD drive.

PS Vita's cartridge slot isn't clunky at all and it already has ALL PS Vita games on PSN. There will never be a "PS Vita Go". Especially after the failure the PSP Go was. It left a bad taste in people's mouths.

^C'mon, VGKing! :D

That was the most sarcastic sarcasm ever in VGChartz! Turn on your detector!

Maybe they could try to implement the move controller with the vita to broaden its casual appeal.

^ ew

DQX is launching in early-August now. This could be interesting...but there's a lot going against it...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
DQX is launching in early-August now. This could be interesting...but there's a lot going against it...

and everything going for it

I'm liking the attitude of Nintendo, releasing NSMB 2 will keep pushing the 3DS.

Those are some really nice numbers for Fire Emblem, 3DS is doing fine. I'd like to have a solid answer about those bundles tho.

RolStoppable said:
Conegamer said:
Pavolink said:
Honestly, I don't believe DQX will boost hardware, especially the Wii. Maybe a 800k FW combined (Wii-Wii U versions) and a 80k boost for both consoles.

800k? U MAD? You know how big Dragon Quest is in Japan, right? Even selling double that combined would be classed as a horrific failure...

We know too little. I expect it'll launch this year, or early next, but we really have nothing to go on :/

Final Fantasy used to sell over two million copies per iteration with ease. Then XI came and pulled off 150-200k. That's lifetime, not first week.

Why is this important? Because Dragon Quest X will try to shift the focus to online gaming. In its current state, DQ X isn't of much use to Nintendo. It's destined to be a failure, unless the Japanese mentality has changed dramatically in the last ten years. Sales of Monster Hunter are a strong sign that this isn't the case though.

Final Fantasy XI is not a good example as it was also on PC and that's where it sold the most. If you played the PS2 version you needed a hard drive and a network adapter.

^And that's another reason why I think DQX will still do well. If DQIX could, and it was an MMO (I think?), then why couldn't DQX?

^Wasn't it online only though? I don't know myself I'm not a DQ fan really.