By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Media Create Sales: Week 16 - April 16-22

logic56 said:
kowenicki said:
Everything bad except.......

3DS pretty good

PSVita beyond awful

it cost $100 more than the 3DS with no noteable software released, how much did you expect it to do?

edit: why is this in the gaming section

Well, it's not selling because of the reasons. But, why is it more expensive then? Why doesn't it have the software? 

If it had those, it would be selling better, but it doesn't. There's no reasons why not, other than Sony not...caring...really. They've no-one to blame but themselves, just like with the PSP.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
logic56 said:
kowenicki said:

3DS pretty good

PSVita beyond awful

it cost $100 more than the 3DS with no noteable software released, how much did you expect it to do?

Well, it's not selling because of the reasons. But, why is it more expensive then? Why doesn't it have the software? 

If it had those, it would be selling better, but it doesn't. There's no reasons why not, other than Sony not...caring...really. They've no-one to blame but themselves, just like with the PSP.

lol just lol

wait... wait... just like with the PSP??? lol the profitable console that sold over 70 million units and is one of the most success consoles of all time.... just like that yeah here's me hoping the Vita fails that bad LMAO

no games in less than a year of launch means no games EVER man, Sony be not caring at all LOL!!

^I think he confused Japan with the west in that post. But to be honest, the bulk of SW support on the PSP in the land of the rising sun is thanks to 3rd party developers, so I'm not sure you should be so cocky.

3DS got Japan, and not just the casual

EU/US need a lot of both casual and hard-core West titles to increases sales

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

pezus said:
Conegamer said:
pezus said:
Conegamer said:
pezus said:
Conegamer said:
pezus said:
stealth20k said:
the wii will get back to the top once dq X launches

You mean Wii U?

It's coming on both, expect Wii to be over 150k, and Wii U to be at 100-200k, depending on price, over 'normal' sales for the launch week, and dropping by 50-60k, stabilising around 15-20k higher than normal for a month or two, IF they launch it this year...

No way Wii is going to beat Wii U that week. The price is hardly a factor anymore for Wii.

I never said that. I said more than usual sales, but Wii at 160k and Wii U at 250k, let's say.

Oh so you meant a lift of 150k and 100-200k for Wii and Wii U, respectively?

I'm going to say a good 50k boost for Wii and 200k boost for Wii U.

For a game which will likely sell 600k FW on Wii U and 3mil FW on Wii, I expect more of a boost for Wii, but yeah, a bigger one for WiiU, and one which lasts longer.

Depends when it comes out. If it's over a year after WiiU, the Wii will lack importance. It almost does now...

3m on Wii??? What the heck. If it does that I will honestly be blown away.

It's possible. Just look at previous FW sales for the games:

DQIX- 2.4mil (http://www.vgchartz.com/game/7147/dragon-quest-ix-sentinels-of-the-starry-skies/Japan/)

DQVIII-2.3mil (http://www.vgchartz.com/game/570/dragon-quest-viii-journey-of-the-cursed-king/Japan/)

Logically, DQX would be 2.5mil, roughly. 3mil may be a bit too high, but, well, the Wii HAS sold well, so...you never know...

@Happydolphin, logic- Yeah I was talking WW in that post. The situation in Japan for the Vita is probably grimmest though, as it's been out for longest and was the area the PSP excelled. And major devs, like Capcom, Squeenix, Namco etc. base most of their games of Japanese sales, as that's where they'll make the money. Havig poor JP sales will stop 3rd party devs, dropping sales WW as a consequence, in a never-ending loop.

The PSP was profitable, barely, but it was nowhere near enough to touch the DS, or to cover PS3 losses. They really dropped the ball after a strong start as well. And the future for the Vita doesn't look bright; why would 3rd parties support something which Sony isn't?

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
logic56 said:
kowenicki said:

3DS pretty good

PSVita beyond awful

tell Sony...

if they are stupid enough to release a product that is too expensive with no support... I know they have a track record here but even monkeys can learn.

tell Sony what, what they already know....why would I do that, what sense would it make

because PlayStation consoles are totally effected negatively by being outsold massively by Nintendo consoles...right?

and I did genuinely chuckle at the last part, good one

@Cone.

Yup, I had understood ya

This part I don't really agree with:

"And major devs, like Capcom, Squeenix, Namco etc. base most of their games of Japanese sales, as that's where they'll make the money. Havig poor JP sales will stop 3rd party devs, dropping sales WW as a consequence, in a never-ending loop."

If you look at the best-selling games on the PSP in the west, most are western games (except 1st party games of course, which aren't relevant to the point). Take a look

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?page=1&results=200&name=&platform=PSP&minSales=0&publisher=&genre=&sort=NA

Honestly, I don't believe DQX will boost hardware, especially the Wii. Maybe a 800k FW combined (Wii-Wii U versions) and a 80k boost for both consoles.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
Honestly, I don't believe DQX will boost hardware, especially the Wii. Maybe a 800k FW combined (Wii-Wii U versions) and a 80k boost for both consoles.

800k? U MAD? You know how big Dragon Quest is in Japan, right? Even selling double that combined would be classed as a horrific failure...

We know too little. I expect it'll launch this year, or early next, but we really have nothing to go on :/

happydolphin said:

@Cone.

Yup, I had understood ya

This part I don't really agree with:

"And major devs, like Capcom, Squeenix, Namco etc. base most of their games of Japanese sales, as that's where they'll make the money. Havig poor JP sales will stop 3rd party devs, dropping sales WW as a consequence, in a never-ending loop."

If you look at the best-selling games on the PSP in the west, most are western games (except 1st party games of course, which aren't relevant to the point). Take a look

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?page=1&results=200&name=&platform=PSP&minSales=0&publisher=&genre=&sort=NA

I've had a look. Looks more like Monster Hunter, GTA and Final Fantasy are the real big sellers. Never knew it had so few million-sellers (just over 50? WTH?), and that seems to be a wide variety of games. A nice mix of western and Japanese.

But you can see how big a body-blow it is to Sony not having MH, though. Especially MH4, the first new game to hit a handheld IIRC. Who KNOWS what that can do to the 3DS, and, by expansion, Vita...