By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Media Create Sales: Week 16 - April 16-22

Oh, don't get me wrong, I go off names too. It's just that the avatars help me map a name to a person, at least for the first few encounters I get with them.

Put it this way, it'll help me remember you someday if we run into each other again. I'll be honest, the more accustomed I get to this place, the less it's necessary, but there are lots of not as regular members here. For them and even for me, little fun pics help.

Around the Network

It's strange to say, but May may be maybe (wot?) the worst month for any system ever for the Vita.

Because according to Andriansang.com release scheudule, it has literally NO GAMEZ being released in May. No, I'm not talking notable games. Not talking medium sized games either... Not even Z-tiers learn-english games. No games at all! I mean, the Gizmodo or the Virtual Boy are going to have the same month as Vita there, if we count gaming releases.

It's going to be ugly, and very badly planned... Soul Sacrifice will be revealed on May 10, at least.

RolStoppable said:

Final Fantasy used to sell over two million copies per iteration with ease. Then XI came and pulled off 150-200k. That's lifetime, not first week.

Why is this important? Because Dragon Quest X will try to shift the focus to online gaming. In its current state, DQ X isn't of much use to Nintendo. It's destined to be a failure, unless the Japanese mentality has changed dramatically in the last ten years. Sales of Monster Hunter are a strong sign that this isn't the case though.

Exactly. While I can't predict as a failure for what is the game (mmo), it will be compared to others, such as DQIX on DS.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I think Sony should unleash the PSVita Go at this point. Time to pull out the big guns.

IGN was kind this week:

http://games.ign.com/articles/122/1223748p1.html

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
RolStoppable said:

Final Fantasy used to sell over two million copies per iteration with ease. Then XI came and pulled off 150-200k. That's lifetime, not first week.

Why is this important? Because Dragon Quest X will try to shift the focus to online gaming. In its current state, DQ X isn't of much use to Nintendo. It's destined to be a failure, unless the Japanese mentality has changed dramatically in the last ten years. Sales of Monster Hunter are a strong sign that this isn't the case though.

Exactly. While I can't predict as a failure for what is the game (mmo), it will be compared to others, such as DQIX on DS.

DQ X is a stand along game, it doesnt signify a shift of anything, and its kind of destined to be a blow out success...............

I wonder if Nintendo may perhaps try to persuade Square-Enix to add a offline quest to DQX.

It will help S-E too ... sell 2-3 million and then get subscribers for the MMO aspect, or only MMO customers, to me it seems like a no-brainer even if it means delaying the game for 9 months or so. 

amazing FE numbers, the game looks just too awesome I hope NOA doesnt take too long to bring it here.
COD sold less than whatI expected I hope the devs got their investment back because nishimura's art is just amazing.

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Paul said:
I think Sony should unleash the PSVita Go at this point. Time to pull out the big guns.

PSVita Go? That doesn't make sense.

PSP Go was a pure digital handheld for the sake of portability and getting rid of that clunky UMD drive.

PS Vita's cartridge slot isn't clunky at all and it already has ALL PS Vita games on PSN. There will never be a "PS Vita Go". Especially after the failure the PSP Go was. It left a bad taste in people's mouths.

Soundwave said:

I wonder if Nintendo may perhaps try to persuade Square-Enix to add a offline quest to DQX.

It will help S-E too ... sell 2-3 million and then get subscribers for the MMO aspect, or only MMO customers, to me it seems like a no-brainer even if it means delaying the game for 9 months or so. 

DQ X has a completely single player story, the only difference is your online. Thats it........