By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Should Sony ditch the Playstation Vita?

Now, now. You cannot be putting PS Vita and Virtual Boy in the same breath like that.

Around the Network

^The cycle continues! -dun dun dun!

Way too early to even think about ditching the Vita. Maybe if its still doing poorly two years from now Sony can start thinking about it. One thing they need to do ASAP is drop the 3G model since its pretty much useless and the only thing it does is give a slight profit boost to AT&T. 3G is useless when it comes to actually playing a game online since the data plan is too restrictive and for the most part 3G is too slow.

DarkTemplar said:
Also a a single franchise (Call of Duty) was responsible for the HD consoles rebirth in US.

Drugs are bad.

^PearlJam, get your old avi back NAO! :) Good to see ya brotha (it's padib) .

Around the Network
PlaystaionGamer said:

what? PS3 actually has a chance at being the number 1 system this gen?

Didnt your mom told you to stop smoking?

Yay!!!

Meh. It just needs to get more quality releases to come out (which several are already on the horizon) and a price drop for the holiday season.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Ditching the Vita would lead to a lack of confidence in any Sony hardware in the future.

What a stupid thread.

No, at worst it likely that it will trail behind the 3DS but people forget that the psp despite its weak sales compared to the DS, it made profit at every each sold not long after its launch. The Vita Should act as a similar profit center in 2014 when the cost will dramatically cheaper and the ps4 will probably be making a loss or just about breaking even.

ALso i think the Vita will be fine in Japan, it hasn't been selling but i think thats partially down to the fact that the psp is still killing it over there. Sony have the FFX HD re-release coming to the system, so that could help.

Other then that they just need to be smart about what games they get on the system. I'm hoping for a holiday line up of. LBP, FF-Type 0 Vita, FFX HD(summer), Morrowind, COD. I think with proper execution COD will be a big attention grabber for the system. Also i wish sony would sort out their marketing, the Vita Adverts are very dated. For their target market their advertising should be more sleek and sell the vita as a powerhouse of a handheld. Not silly ads of people running around in ruins and battle fields.