By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The official 2012 NBA Playoffs - Miami wins it all!

How does this make you feel?

Happy 1 11.11%

Glad 0 0%

ok 0 0%

meh 2 22.22%

upset 0 0%

fucking pissed 2 22.22%

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! 1 11.11%

OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! Greast thing EVA!!! 1 11.11%

Its a secret to everybody. 1 11.11%

see dirty insides 1 11.11%

Total:9
superchunk said:
Cirio said:
So far in the polls I'm the only one who voted for the Spurs. Are people underestimating the team that is healthy and had the best record in the season? They're quietly destroying other teams and I'm surprised people are hung up on the Heat, Thunder and Lakers.

Bulls had best record of the season.

But Spurs have a very good chance to take it, however OKC is the better team.

The Spurs and the Bulls both finished with a 50-16 record this season. And OKC is NOT the better team simply because the majority of their roster is young and does not have the same experience in the playoffs as the Spurs do. The only reason the Spurs got knocked out last year was because of critical injuries to their squad. However, this year they're healthy, experienced and Tim is ready for his 5th championship. Like I said, they'll be the silent winners this season while everyone marvels over the flashy Thunder or Heat.

Around the Network
Cirio said:

The Spurs and the Bulls both finished with a 50-16 record this season.

Who had home court advantage due to tie breaker?

superchunk said:
Cirio said:

The Spurs and the Bulls both finished with a 50-16 record this season.

Who had home court advantage due to tie breaker?

That doesn't change the fact that both teams had the best record this season. Besides, the Bulls are done (which shouldn't have happened, they're unlucky) so now the Spurs are the top seed. Although I want the Lakers to win, I know they won't. So, I can't wait for the Spurs to beat OKC so people stop riding the OKC bandwagon and finally start giving the Spurs the recognition they deserve. OKC is good, but it will take them a year or two for them to be championship good.

Cirio said:

That doesn't change the fact that both teams had the best record this season. Besides, the Bulls are done (which shouldn't have happened, they're unlucky) so now the Spurs are the top seed. Although I want the Lakers to win, I know they won't. So, I can't wait for the Spurs to beat OKC so people stop riding the OKC bandwagon and finally start giving the Spurs the recognition they deserve. OKC is good, but it will take them a year or two for them to be championship good.

I just want to see the new team get it, though they will have a good conference final round and whoever comes out of the west will get the title.

KOBE WHY? .....OKC practically stole that one

Around the Network

Are we gonna see some more sweeps in the west?

Kobe's gotta be steamed he didn't get that last shot. But Blake was wide open. Gotta give it to the open man every time and live with the results.

Its a bummer...let's get a win at Staples.

Smeags said:

Kobe's gotta be steamed he didn't get that last shot. But Blake was wide open. Gotta give it to the open man every time and live with the results.

Its a bummer...let's get a win at Staples.

That's what a good defense does tho, keep it out of the best shooters hands. However, Blake has to hit those.

superchunk said:

Thunder still looks like they can sweep the Lakers.   Three of the four games in the Mavs series where really close but at the end it was still a sweep.  Spurs also have a good change of sweeping the Clippers since they are even more worn out then the Lakers.

Chris Hu said:
superchunk said:

Thunder still looks like they can sweep the Lakers.   Three of the four games in the Mavs series where really close but at the end it was still a sweep.  Spurs also have a good change of sweeping the Clippers since they are even more worn out then the Lakers.

THat's what I was thinking, but I do think Lakers will win at the very least one game.