By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War: Ascension announced for PS3. Boxart, TRAILER inside.

On the PS Blog, the new director is revealed as Todd Papy, from Sony Santa Monica, who said:

I’m sure your mouth is watering for more, but unfortunately I have to leave you with that for now. Be sure to tune in to PlayStation.Blog and God of War: Ascension on Facebook on Monday, April 30th at 8am Pacific Time for a live streaming event that will give you a glimpse of what’s in store for God of War: Ascension. I’ll also be answering your questions about the game, so follow @PlayStation on Twitter and Tweet us your best questions by 3pm Pacific Time this Friday — be sure to include #godofwarascension in your Tweet so we can find it (we’re expecting a lot of questions!) If we pick your question to ask during the show, we’ll even send you a signed God of War: Ascension poster.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

I predict Im gonna love this game

Well there it is lol

Porcupine_I said:
Aj_habfan said:

This must be the game they were playing on the Tester, which they were playing with multiple people - perhaps some type of Versus or Co-op mode?

HA-Haaaaaa! you watched the tester!!

...so did i

Every year man, no shame :)

Aj_habfan said:
Porcupine_I said:
Aj_habfan said:

This must be the game they were playing on the Tester, which they were playing with multiple people - perhaps some type of Versus or Co-op mode?

HA-Haaaaaa! you watched the tester!!

...so did i

Every year man, no shame :)

yeah! i'm so glad realitypalez didn't win :D

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network

The epicness just destroyed my epic-o-meter. I have full faith in Sony Santa Monica - they won't let us fans down.

Should have put it on the vita and made GoW IV for the PS3.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

GodOfWar_3ever said:
Well, God of War is one of my favourite video games, but.... I don't like the direction where this is going. Maybe they should've released a game to completely tie up Kratos' story and go for another mythology (Norse anyone ?) and still keep the God of War name to freshen things up and not take the risk of a new IP at the same time.
A new hero, a new story, a new mythology but still God of War. They only have to change the colour of Kratos' tattoos, take out his pale skin and give him a different name :D
However, I'm not saying this game will be bad or anything, I'm just saying it pains me to see God of War go the way of Assassin's Creed or Call of Duty.
MILK.
Although its not that bad yet I guess.... Its inline with Halo in the milk department now... But it might get "yearly release" bad, and if that happens I will kill myself

Milking a series usually only has quality diminishing effect when one developer makes multiple a games in a short time frame. This doesn't seem to be a problem with Santa Monica because they're taking like three years for each title.

I wish that was going to be the final boxart for the game. That is epic. However we're probably going to get a another close up of Kratos' eye. Maybe they will at least add a tear going down it.

Tridrakious said:
I wish that was going to be the final boxart for the game. That is epic. However we're probably going to get a another close up of Kratos' eye. Maybe they will at least add a tear going down it.

it will be the right eye this time around. we haven't seen that one up close yet I guess

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!