By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War: Ascension announced for PS3. Boxart, TRAILER inside.

NobleTeam360 said:
Heavenly_King said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:
Well, God of War is one of my favourite video games, but.... I don't like the direction where this is going. Maybe they should've released a game to completely tie up Kratos' story and go for another mythology (Norse anyone ?) and still keep the God of War name to freshen things up and not take the risk of a new IP at the same time.
A new hero, a new story, a new mythology but still God of War. They only have to change the colour of Kratos' tattoos, take out his pale skin and give him a different name :D
However, I'm not saying this game will be bad or anything, I'm just saying it pains me to see God of War go the way of Assassin's Creed or Call of Duty.
MILK.
Although its not that bad yet I guess.... Its inline with Halo in the milk department now... But it might get "yearly release" bad, and if that happens I will kill myself

Why is everyone so obssesed in changing the mythology in God of War??!! WTF?!!   If they make a game based on other mythology it should be a new IP.

And GOW is not getting milked, there will be only 2 entries for the PS3 (collections dont count), while COD is getting 7 games this generation.

lol if GOW isn't milked then neither is halo. How many GOW's are there anyway? im guessing at least 5-7

well i said Halo hasnt been milked, it has had only 1 true halo game released on 360!

Around the Network

THIS IS GOING TO BE ONE OF THE BEST GAMES EVER!!!! :D God of War <3 Kratos <3 Greek mythology <3 Sony Santa Monica <3

It was officially announced less than 24 hours ago and it's already in the top 40 best-selling games on Amazon.com!!! This game is going to be huge! Can't wait for more details... I've had my PS3 boxed up for 2 weeks now, I'll only take it out when this game releases, my 360 will serve me well until them. :)

The trailer left me shaking with excitement almost with tears in my eyes, I've been waiting over 2 years for an announcement and finally it's here... MORE GOD OF WAR!!! :'D

NobleTeam360 said:
Heavenly_King said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:
Well, God of War is one of my favourite video games, but.... I don't like the direction where this is going. Maybe they should've released a game to completely tie up Kratos' story and go for another mythology (Norse anyone ?) and still keep the God of War name to freshen things up and not take the risk of a new IP at the same time.
A new hero, a new story, a new mythology but still God of War. They only have to change the colour of Kratos' tattoos, take out his pale skin and give him a different name :D
However, I'm not saying this game will be bad or anything, I'm just saying it pains me to see God of War go the way of Assassin's Creed or Call of Duty.
MILK.
Although its not that bad yet I guess.... Its inline with Halo in the milk department now... But it might get "yearly release" bad, and if that happens I will kill myself

Why is everyone so obssesed in changing the mythology in God of War??!! WTF?!!   If they make a game based on other mythology it should be a new IP.

And GOW is not getting milked, there will be only 2 entries for the PS3 (collections dont count), while COD is getting 7 games this generation.

lol if GOW isn't milked then neither is halo. How many GOW's are there anyway? im guessing at least 5-7

I believe it's even if you count each individual title seperately.

They're 6 apiece with the new games to come. 

But there's a bit of a difference between 6 games and 6 different releases.

pezus said:

God of War IV might actually be in the works too, likely for PS4:

"Ascension might a prequel to the first God Of War but that doesn’t mean Sony won’t revisit the lineage after the ending of God of War III. Speaking on Twitter, game director Todd Papy has hinted that such discussion won’t be too far away, either.

We will talk about that soon,” he said when asked why they didn’t opt to continue the story after God of War III. “You’ll just need to have some patience with us,” he said, using a wink emoticon."

my thoughts are what period in Kratos life will this game take place? i'm thinking SSM will do what David Jaffe was going to do, and go after the gods of other myth's with GOw4 which would be awesome. and what of Kratos brother?

speculating is fun 

NobleTeam360 said:
Heavenly_King said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:
MILK.

1 GoW on PS3, 2 on PSP this gen, with one more coming

5 Halos on 360 this gen, with one more coming

Around the Network

in the last 5 years there was Halo 3, Halo ODST, Halo: Reach and this new Halo HD whatever and Halo 4 is coming. God of War had God of War 3 God of War collection 1+2 and God of War Ascension has no release date. That makes Halo 5 God of War 4 the difference is you have 6 God of War titles for the price of 4. You decide for your which title was milked which not, but it´s obviously that both titles have been used very often.

GOW games... 3 done, 2 to go until this come out... 100% sure i will buy this!

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

Kantor said:
I'm a little bit disappointed. Kratos' story is over. We don't want to hear about what he did before he met Ares, because before he met Ares, he was just a regular Spartan soldier with no special abilities. At this rate, we'll be going back into his childhood as well.

I honestly think a version of the series in a different mythology (particularly Norse) would be fantastic. Though on the bright side, maybe we'll finally meet Deimos.

finally meet Deimos?? Where you've been?? Ghost of Sparta WAS about Deimos

zero129 said:
Sal.Paradise said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Heavenly_King said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:
MILK.

I think your trying to do things to your favor there. He asked how many GOW Titles are there.

the is 5 Gow titles. And yes the is 5 on the PS3. Even if only 1 was made on the PS3 the is still 5 titles on it.

But anyway both have not been Milked at all.

HD Collections really should not count when it comes to judging whether the IP is being abused. That's just silly. 

zero129 said:
Sal.Paradise said:
zero129 said:
Sal.Paradise said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Heavenly_King said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:
MILK.

I think your trying to do things to your favor there. He asked how many GOW Titles are there.

the is 5 Gow titles. And yes the is 5 on the PS3. Even if only 1 was made on the PS3 the is still 5 titles on it.

But anyway both have not been Milked at all.

HD Collections really should not count when it comes to judging whether the IP is being abused. That's just silly. 

I never said they where being abused, i just answered what he asked.

But if we are to go by your way. The has been 3 GoW games this gen. and 3 Halo FPS games this gen (Not including Hd versions of old games). I don't believe any of the 2 are being milked btw.

Hell id like it if both where being milked.

Haha, I'm sure many people wouldn't mind either. 

I wouldn't class Anniversary in the same vein as an HD remake though, it is basically a complete overhaul, whereas the HD collections (or at least, the ones I've seen) are simply up-rezzed with some AA added here and there. Definitely an arguable point though, I suppose.