By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War: Ascension announced for PS3. Boxart, TRAILER inside.

I think it is a sequel, so after Kratos "killed himself" he was taken to some kind of "prison" by the one who allowed Athena to be alive (Uranus or the Giants or the Primordial Deities) and he is remembering his life.

The narrator is telling us something about saving his family, and it doesn't have much sense because Kratos didnt kill them yet IF it is a prequel.

The adds posted before the announcement say "nothing will bring them back", or "will vengeance bring redemption ?" It is a sequel; and and after his vengeance (killing all the gods) is completed, he will search redemption and try to save his family.

Around the Network
Ajescent said:
paulrage2 said:
I wanna see gameplay!

Really? It's gonna be the same stuff as the previous games...

Look man, I know that you aren't the biggest fan of the series. So it brings me to question, what are you even doing in this thread ?

And how in the world do you know what the game will be like based on one teaser, huh ? 

I know a lot of ignorant people would simply say otherwise, but God of War II felt different from 1. Kratos felt heavier in the controls, the weapons felt different, there were minor gameplay tweaks like grappling and whatnot which made it just feel different.

God of War III felt different from God of War II with the totally revamped weapon/magic system, rideable monsters, use of an item meter and other small tweaks. It was definitely the best and the most improved gameplay wise.

So what exactly is stopping this new game from adding small tweaks that are totally noticeable to people like me (who actually enjoy these games) even though it never occurs to people like you who simply don't like what the games have to offer ? 

Aldro said:
VGKing said:
Can't wait for that live stream on April 30th! They'll most likely be showing gameplay right?

Yes.

Also guys =

"We still kept a bean or three unspilled. Keep your eyes open!"

&

"Oh but you haven't seen nothing yet"

AND:

Why did not you continue the story after the three parts?
"We will talk about that soon. You'll just need to have some patience with us ;)"

shame its a prequel. was looking foward to something new and fresh. hard to feel excited for this one
"got to have some faith in us. There will be more news soon, then let me know what you think ;)"

:O!!!

It is a sequel, so after Kratos spoiler "killed himself" he was taken to some kind of "prison" by the one who allowed Athena to.. spoiler be alive (Uranus or the Giants or the Primordial Deities in Greek mythos) and he is remembering his life.

The narrator is telling us something about saving his family, and it doesn't have much sense because Kratos didnt kill them yet IF it is a prequel ("before he was known as the ghost of sparta", the trailer says, so that means the his wife and daughter are alive).

The adds posted before the announcement say "nothing will bring them back", or "will vengeance bring redemption ?" It is a sequel; and now that his vengeance (killing all the gods) is complete, he will search redemption and try to save his family.

So if you take the info of the trailer, and the info of the adds; you will notice that it is a sequel (it takes place after GOW3), but the player (and maybe Kratos too) will most probably realize that by the end of the game when they show us the new bosses of the new trilogy.   In the game you will be re-experiencing past events in kratos life, and maybe that is because the bosses behind the curtain are playing with his mind.    

I think SSM is pulling a NaughtyDog here.  One team helmed by Todd  is making GOW: Ascension, while a second team  helmed by Stig is making GOW4.   And probably Ready at Dawn is re-making GOW: Betrayal for PSVITA :D

I bet The next trilogy will be released on PS4; and GOW4 will be a launch title.

Heavenly_King said:
I think it is a sequel, so after Kratos "killed himself" he was taken to some kind of "prison" by the one who allowed Athena to be alive (Uranus or the Giants or the Primordial Deities) and he is remembering his life.

The narrator is telling us something about saving his family, and it doesn't have much sense because Kratos didnt kill them yet IF it is a prequel.

The adds posted before the announcement say "nothing will bring them back", or "will vengeance bring redemption ?" It is a sequel; and and after his vengeance (killing all the gods) is completed, he will search redemption and try to save his family.

Im honestly in the same boat. I keep thinking that Kratos has had his vengeance in GoWIII and is now like.. in a state where he is re-experiencing certain things and getting redemption. I don't see him trying to save his family though once he wakes up. My theory is more like..
Game ends with you slashing your family, you wake up: and you see something... that will set up GoWIV for PS4. But during the course of the game, Kratos will start to NOTICE something in certain areas.

A really bad example would be =
Kratos sees a random man standing on a mountain holding a hammer several times over the course of the game only to wake up and see him again -> Thor. (I told you it was a bad example LOL).

Basically this game is needed in order to take GoWIV where Santa Monica wants to take it because without it, it wouldnt make sense thus they have something very important to tell I believe :D. Im excited!

Well, God of War is one of my favourite video games, but.... I don't like the direction where this is going. Maybe they should've released a game to completely tie up Kratos' story and go for another mythology (Norse anyone ?) and still keep the God of War name to freshen things up and not take the risk of a new IP at the same time.
A new hero, a new story, a new mythology but still God of War. They only have to change the colour of Kratos' tattoos, take out his pale skin and give him a different name :D
However, I'm not saying this game will be bad or anything, I'm just saying it pains me to see God of War go the way of Assassin's Creed or Call of Duty.
MILK.
Although its not that bad yet I guess.... Its inline with Halo in the milk department now... But it might get "yearly release" bad, and if that happens I will kill myself

Around the Network
pezus said:

"Join Kratos as he seeks freedom, redemption, and the clarity to avenge his family in the most ambitious God of War adventure in the series so far."

I think this points to something new for the gameplay, most likely some kind of an online/co-op component

I'm confused. The trailer seems to point towards the game taking place before he murdered his family but then you have that "clarity to avenge his family" quote that would place it after he killed his wife and child.

Signature goes here!

Also someone with a twitter account please ask how many copies God of War III has shipped worldwide :)

Aldro said:
VGKing said:
Can't wait for that live stream on April 30th! They'll most likely be showing gameplay right?

Yes.

Also guys =

"We still kept a bean or three unspilled. Keep your eyes open!"

&

"Oh but you haven't seen nothing yet"

AND:

Why did not you continue the story after the three parts?
"We will talk about that soon. You'll just need to have some patience with us ;)"

shame its a prequel. was looking foward to something new and fresh. hard to feel excited for this one
"got to have some faith in us. There will be more news soon, then let me know what you think ;)"

:O!!!

YES! I mean ffs guys..this Sony Santa Monica we r talking about here. They always deliver. I mean we were fighting on top of moving titans on GOW3 for crying out loud..I have a lot of faith in these guys :D Can't wait for gameplay

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

GodOfWar_3ever said:
Ajescent said:
paulrage2 said:
I wanna see gameplay!

Really? It's gonna be the same stuff as the previous games...

Look man, I know that you aren't the biggest fan of the series. So it brings me to question, what are you even doing in this thread ?

And how in the world do you know what the game will be like based on one teaser, huh ? 

I know a lot of ignorant people would simply say otherwise, but God of War II felt different from 1. Kratos felt heavier in the controls, the weapons felt different, there were minor gameplay tweaks like grappling and whatnot which made it just feel different.

God of War III felt different from God of War II with the totally revamped weapon/magic system, rideable monsters, use of an item meter and other small tweaks. It was definitely the best and the most improved gameplay wise.

So what exactly is stopping this new game from adding small tweaks that are totally noticeable to people like me (who actually enjoy these games) even though it never occurs to people like you who simply don't like what the games have to offer ? 

hahah ambo umbawa dakka kal :D aluth gow game ekak ma one dan dakinnath ohe wa..kohomada jeewithe?

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

i went out and brought God of War collection today after hearing this news!
it takes 3 weeks to get here though :(