By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War: Ascension announced for PS3. Boxart, TRAILER inside.

I like how some people are actually complaining that this game is going to be a prequel. They pretty much know nothing about the game other than this short teaser. I'd love to see these peoples' reactions again after they've actually played the game.

Around the Network

1 player Spring 2013

http://us.playstation.com/games-and-media/games/god-of-war-ascension-ps3.html

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Aldro said:
Heavenly_King said:
I think it is a sequel, so after Kratos "killed himself" he was taken to some kind of "prison" by the one who allowed Athena to be alive (Uranus or the Giants or the Primordial Deities) and he is remembering his life.

The narrator is telling us something about saving his family, and it doesn't have much sense because Kratos didnt kill them yet IF it is a prequel.

The adds posted before the announcement say "nothing will bring them back", or "will vengeance bring redemption ?" It is a sequel; and and after his vengeance (killing all the gods) is completed, he will search redemption and try to save his family.

Im honestly in the same boat. I keep thinking that Kratos has had his vengeance in GoWIII and is now like.. in a state where he is re-experiencing certain things and getting redemption. I don't see him trying to save his family though once he wakes up. My theory is more like..
Game ends with you slashing your family, you wake up: and you see something... that will set up GoWIV for PS4. But during the course of the game, Kratos will start to NOTICE something in certain areas.

A really bad example would be =
Kratos sees a random man standing on a mountain holding a hammer several times over the course of the game only to wake up and see him again -> Thor. (I told you it was a bad example LOL).

Basically this game is needed in order to take GoWIV where Santa Monica wants to take it because without it, it wouldnt make sense thus they have something very important to tell I believe :D. Im excited!

Yeah, bad example lol.  

It is a sequel (it takes place after GOW3), and the player (and maybe Kratos too) will most probably realize that by the end of the game when they show us the new bosses of the new trilogy.   In the game you will be re-experiencing past events in kratos life, and maybe that is because the bosses behind the curtain are playing with his mind.....torturing him by making him to believe that he can safe his family; when he CAN NOT.    And as you say, he will notice some wierd things  here and there during the game.   But I dont think that he will have redemption by remembering things (doesnt has much sense, because he is not changing anything);  he will get redemtion by making an atonement for the things he has done in the past.

I think SSM is pulling a NaughtyDog here.  One team helmed by Todd  is making GOW: Ascension, while a second team  helmed by Stig is making GOW4.   And probably Ready at Dawn is re-making GOW: Betrayal for PSVITA :D

I bet The next trilogy will be released on PS4; and GOW4 will be a launch title.

holy shit check the slogan now

"Before He Was a God, He Was a Man"

Not sure what you guys are complaining about..this is gonna be about when he was human..a spartan general!

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

GodOfWar_3ever said:
Well, God of War is one of my favourite video games, but.... I don't like the direction where this is going. Maybe they should've released a game to completely tie up Kratos' story and go for another mythology (Norse anyone ?) and still keep the God of War name to freshen things up and not take the risk of a new IP at the same time.
A new hero, a new story, a new mythology but still God of War. They only have to change the colour of Kratos' tattoos, take out his pale skin and give him a different name :D
However, I'm not saying this game will be bad or anything, I'm just saying it pains me to see God of War go the way of Assassin's Creed or Call of Duty.
MILK.
Although its not that bad yet I guess.... Its inline with Halo in the milk department now... But it might get "yearly release" bad, and if that happens I will kill myself

God of War isn't milked. We only had 1 games release so far on PS3. Ascension would be the 2nd and that's not coming till 2013. The PSP games don't count for me.(even though they were ported and released to PS3 as a collection and neither do the PS2 collections of I and II)

It ain't milked unless its yearly. Anyway milked doesn't mean bad.

Around the Network

You know this game could be some kind of alternate reality thing....or maybe Kratos somehow goes back into the past to try and change what happens? Who knows...

God of War the RTS! Command Kratos and his army, conquer the known world and save his family by not relying on the help of your God Ares to win in battle.
Fight exciting boss battles with Egyptian, Roman, Persian and German gods as you take their lands.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

GodOfWar_3ever said:
Well, God of War is one of my favourite video games, but.... I don't like the direction where this is going. Maybe they should've released a game to completely tie up Kratos' story and go for another mythology (Norse anyone ?) and still keep the God of War name to freshen things up and not take the risk of a new IP at the same time.
A new hero, a new story, a new mythology but still God of War. They only have to change the colour of Kratos' tattoos, take out his pale skin and give him a different name :D
However, I'm not saying this game will be bad or anything, I'm just saying it pains me to see God of War go the way of Assassin's Creed or Call of Duty.
MILK.
Although its not that bad yet I guess.... Its inline with Halo in the milk department now... But it might get "yearly release" bad, and if that happens I will kill myself

Why is everyone so obssesed in changing the mythology in God of War??!! WTF?!!   If they make a game based on other mythology it should be a new IP. 

And GOW is not getting milked, there will be only 2 entries for the PS3 (collections dont count), while COD is getting 7 games this generation.

I have yet to be disappointed by a God Of War game, In SSM i trust.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

THE KRATOS SHOWN IN THE TRAILER (as you can see by the end) IS "FEAR KRATOS" so.....IT IS A SEQUEL!!!!!