By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Power Will make RPG fans cry next month.

I hope it's a "hardcore" RPG just to shut up all the haters.

Around the Network
densiyrex said:
Saintelistan86 said:
ALSONOTREALLY.

Did you even read the topic. Its people like you that destroy topics.

I guess ALSONOTREALLY hasn't caught on here yet?

It's people like you who destroy witty posting.

Anything less than an announcement on the Earthbound front will be a dissapointment. 

Did anyone forgot already the crystal bearers Final Fantasy?We have't heard from it for quite a long time.

Saintelistan86 said:
densiyrex said:
Saintelistan86 said:
ALSONOTREALLY.

Did you even read the topic. Its people like you that destroy topics.

I guess ALSONOTREALLY hasn't caught on here yet?

It's people like you who destroy witty posting.

Anything less than an announcement on the Earthbound front will be a dissapointment.

PM Rol for lessons in VGC wit.

We have different expectations here. 

Thanks. I'll get right on that.

Around the Network

does anyone know if this going to be a 1st or 3rd party game?

Wii code: 6355-7594-5867-2364 Wii name: Mo Smash Bros Brawl: 5198-6095-4615 Cue Sports Revolution: 5327-4649-0447 Mario Kart Wii: 3308-8543-5834

SIG A.W.O.L

May be something none of us have even heard of, a game we weren't expecting. I thinking this now because of the gonintendo news post I just saw with some interesting new trademarks. I'll post the ones relevant to this thread:

Square Enix: Crystal Guardians - I don't know about you, but this sounds like another FFCC title to me. Maybe another DS game now that Ring of Fates has been out in Japan for awhile? Could be completely new though.

Bandai Namco: Lost Chronicle, Tales of the Genesis, Tales of the Nexus and Tales of Hearts - Lost Chronicle sounds completely new. People shouldn't be getting too excited by all the Tales trademarks, I heard that when they trademark them in droves like this they're all optioned names for the same game, and not multiple ones. That why names like Tales of Justice, Tales of Honesty, Tales of Doom Sign, etc. never came to fruition. Team Destiny should be working on a new Tales now. Of course, I doubt NP would be getting the scoop on any of these games.

Now, my take on all the games discussed in here so far:

Kingdom Hearts 3 - Highly unlikely, I'm simply not entertaining the thought. It's too early, and NP wouldn't get the scoop anyway. That would show up at E3 or TGS or something.

Seiken Densetsu 5/Wii - I think it's possible, but I doubt NP would get the first look.

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers - I think everybody forgot about this one, I know I did until someone brought it up on the board. SE's certainly been abnormally hush-hush on the subject, we don't even know the main character's name. It's almost a complete mystery outside of that one trailer from last year's SE party. It's probably deserving of the hype, and since we know the game exists it's not like SE is giving NP complet exclusivity, they aren't revealing the title for the first time or anything. It would be a bit off though, considering that we'd be getting Ring of Fates a lot sooner and that would garner the attention at the moment.

Final Fantasy Haeresis XIII - Trademarked in 2006 and never seen or heard from again. We know it's coming, all credible signs point to Wii, and NP would get hyped about it. But an FF title would be broken first in Japan, not America...

Dragon Quest X - Nope, even less chance than KH3. Let IX come out first, dammit.

Suikoden VI - I don't think NP would be hyping a Suikoden game like this, it simply isn't that big here or in Japan. Unlikely.

Mother Wii - I'd expect this to be a compilation of 1-3 with spruced up graphics for WiiWare or something moreso than Mother 4 since Shigesato Itoi made it quite clear that Mother 3 would be the last game, or at least the game for a long time. Worthy of hype? Maybe, but considering that this series is much more popular in Japan than the America, I'd expect the news to be broken there first.

Baten Kaitos 3 - Hmm, very possible. But it's not really on that many radars for this kind of hype to start. I mean, BK3 rumors didn't even start until about 2 months ago.

Matsuno x Monolith RPG - I think this is the most likely, NP would probably get the scoop maybe around the same time as say, Famitsu if Nintendo played their cards right in both regions. All signs says Nintendo wants this to be a big franchise and trumpeting it as loud as possible is just the way to get people's attention everywhere, rather than the typical RPG news that only appears in Japan while gamers desperately search every nook and cranny of the net for scans and pics. That rumor reporter guy also said that news should start trickling out around GDC, which is in February...about the same time this issue should be released. This one gets my seal of approval.

Chrono Break - Nope, sorry. SE seems to be content with leaving Chrono dead. Would be a surprise worth hyping though.

EDIT: Oh, wow...I just looked at the Bamco trademarks again. Baten Kaitos 3...The Lost Chronicle? Something to think about.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Ok, I have an idea. We start a tally, and everyone participating says exactly what they think it will be.

-You can say the name (ie Xenosaga) or something like 'The Monolith RPG'.
-It must refer to a SPECIFIC game (ie not 'a Square game' or 'a turn-based RPG').
-Everyone who loses gets a 2-day ban + change their sig to whatever we agree on before hand.

Who's with me?

I'm throwing my vote out for KH

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
misteromar mk4 said:
OnE3nD said:
This is the only post im gonna make in this thread because I have to go to the studio and finish this track but anyways these are the only games that have a chance of being announced.

1.CHRONO BREAK in Chrono Cross, Serge and almost every F'n character had memory problems lol.

2.Kingdom Hearts 3 Sora was on acid in that game his memories were seriously f'd up.

Mark my words its one of those Chrono Break would be crazy and Nintendo's hardcore would go beserk and KH3 would tear a mudhole in Sony's ass.(Even Though I Would Cry PS3 is growing on me :( )
LOL sounds like such a knob dropping that in. I guess it was an attempt at bragging but people reading think "massive dickhead"

Wow that was really mean and your calling me a dick head...well whatever thats your opinion.

I never seen so many assholes until I got on the internet.

Wii COLLECTION:Legend Of Zelda TP, Super Paper Mario, Wi Play, Resident Evil 4, Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3
Xbox 360 COLLECTION:Mass Effect, Gears Of War, Halo 3, Rumble Roses(Im Ashamed) , Call Of Duty 4
PS3 COLLECTION:Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Ratchet And Clank, Uncharted: Drakes Fortune

"MUST HAVE TITLES"
Zack & Wiki, Medal Of Honor: Heroes, Rygar : Battle Of Argus, Tales Of Symphonia: Knight Of RatatosK, Super Smash Bros: Brawl, No More Heroes, Final Fantasy: Crystal Cronicles 2, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Soul Calibur: Legends, Mario Kart:Wii , Battalion War:II, Assassin's Creed, God Of War 3, Ninja Gaiden II, White Knight Chronicles, Disagea 3, Resident Evil 5,

"END OF THE YEAR PREDICTIONS"
|Wii- 40.46 Million | Xbox 360- 32.52 Million | PS3- 31.50 Million|

It is highly unlikely that the game is kh3 if the spin offs aren't even release.It's almost certain that it is a rpg from nintendo.