By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - No Baldur's Gate for Wii U, bad Nintendo experience to blame

We Nintendo fanboys don't buy the WiiWare game from this guy confirmed.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

Sorry but they did the shittiest job ever marketing what was once a big name game. Nobody heard they were even making the game for WiiWare until the damn thing even came out.

Just because you are on a digital platform doesn't mean you don't have to market your game. And if you had such a passion to work with the Wii hardware and Wii remote and a passion for making the best version of your game ever, you absolutely deserve every sale you don't get if you fail to let people know the game even exists.

This is sour grapes. They knew the size restrictions before ever writing a single line of code. They knew the 6,000 unit payment requirement before ever talking with budgeting. Now they want to bitch about it all AFTER they fail to market their game?

The middle school ranting and pouting is not very becoming from such an esteemed developer.

As for Bader's Gate, Trent Oster no longer even works at Bioware and hasn't since 2009. The Balder's Gate: Enhanced Edition is just a remake of the original for mobile devices. It's not a major console title like Bioware makes.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

RolStoppable said:
If you can't manage to sell 6k units, then you should have promoted your game better or made a better game. He should have made some outrageous statements to get himself and his game in the news.

You are definitely doing something wrong if you can't manage to sell more than 6k copies of a game that isn't a complete broken mess or an extreme niche game developed for left handed iguanas.

I'm not going to defend the WW service though. It certainly had some huge issues, especially with the horrible 40mb limit. Whoever came up with that limit shold get a football shot in his face.

RolStoppable said:
If you can't manage to sell 6k units, then you should have promoted your game better or made a better game. He should have made some outrageous statements to get himself and his game in the news.

MDK2 doesn't suck.  It is a retro title that people had fond memories of.  It is entirely possible that the Wii just is not a platform to do stuff like MDK2 on.   If you think the game is bad, show evidence of MDK2 being a bad title.

By the way, you think it be right someone not get a cent until they break a certain sales threshold?  That approach means Nintendo walks off with free coin, for not doing anything.  If you think it is right, go ahead and explain why.

The Wii is a toy because you couldn't sell 6'000 SW Titles, yup.

Okay, Nintendo's Wii Ware Rules do seem a little ridiculous but still.

Around the Network
richardhutnik said:
RolStoppable said:

MDK2 doesn't suck.  It is a retro title that people had fond memories of.  It is entirely possible that the Wii just is not a platform to do stuff like MDK2 on.   If you think the game is bad, show evidence of MDK2 being a bad title.

By the way, you think it be right someone not get a cent until they break a certain sales threshold?  That approach means Nintendo walks off with free coin, for not doing anything.  If you think it is right, go ahead and explain why.

Server costs?   Software costs?    I'm nto saying the 6,000 unit limit is good or bad but a limit needed to ensure their own costs are covered.   And Beamdog knew all this well before signing on to make the game.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

How does the 40mb size relate to what the WiiU will be doing? Also, as others have said, if you can't sell 6k, your doing something wrong. BG2 was one of my favorite all time CRPG's, and I bought it when it became available on Impulse, for the memories.

I doubt I'd ever buy a game like that on a Wii or any console, but the point is half of the argument is invalid

It's highly likely the Wii U will have all of the obvious problems with WiiWare eradicated, but that doesn't change the fact that all of these conditions are well documented.

Complaining about them after the event is redundant.

VGChartz

Salnax said:

VVVVVV and Mutant Mudds are doing well on the eShop. That port of Plants vs Zombies is the best selling DSiware game ever, and Tetris, Bomberman, Rayman, Shantae, Dragon Quest, and Earthworm Jim are all in the top 20 too. And even on WiiWare, you have games like World of Goo, Mega Man 9 and 10, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, and Tetris that sell over half a million units.

Do you mean only for Tetris, or all the games you mentioned? That's an interesting bit of information.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

He went in knowing this.

Doesn't promote.

Shitty sales.

Cries about Nintendo's rules.

Swears no Wii U support.

And nothing of value was lost.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)