By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Home Console Yearly HW Trends - Actual and Cummulative

There is only 1 option:

Ioi, please supply these soon on vgchartz! 36 100.00%

Total:36

Looking at these graphs really makes you think; do people REALLY expect the PS3 to pass the Wii? Still don't see it

@HappyDolphin- Yeah, those were the days. Back before the 'nonsense' with VGC Pro, when you could see how many copies any game would sell at any discrete week, and there were graphs coming out EVERYWHERE

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

My first thought... Japan is so odd.

love it. thanks for the contribution.

pezus said:

Wow, veryyy nice! This shows PS3 has seen growth each year since it came out, 6 years in a row! Has this ever been done before?

Has this gen done anything normal?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

I also find this graph really interesting:

Look at how the PS3 has caught up to the 360 over the years, it's really amazing.

Around the Network
happydolphin said:

I also find this graph really interesting:

Look at how the PS3 has caught up to the 360 over the years, it's really amazing.

The PS3 will most likely surpase the X360. It might even get close to the Wii.

Wow, the PS3 was so close to the X360 in 2009 in NA. I still remember the first half of 2010 when the PS3 & X360 were going neck & neck in that region. Then E3 came and the X360 took off and never looked back. The year changed dramtically after that with the 360 S and Kinect hype. Amazing how those things managed to fight off the X360's decceleration and propel it far above the PS3. Ps3 would have probably began to match/beat the X360 in NA from 2010 onwards if it wasn't for those two. Things would be a lot different now, I think. Amazing how much Xbox really took off in NA ever since that year. Excellent planning by Microsoft.

Also, excellent durability by the PS3. If it keeps going at this rate, it'll be at 100M in less than three years!

I remember those days of Wii domination.The tables have definitely turned since then.

The best poll in history, HappyD!

Brilliant thread, this is what VGC is all about!

I love this thread and these graphs, and the wii collapse is even funnier when put in line form

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype