By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most disappointing game you've ever owned?

Brink and KZ2

KZ2 was an OK game IMO but I had to try and like the game which is never a good thing and had a ton of hype leading up to it.

Around the Network
stealth20k said:
Train wreck said:
During the JRPG golden era I bought a game called Hoshigami: Ruining Blue Earth, man o man...

How that era be the golden age when last gen was the golden age and this one was the golden age?

on a more serious note I loved that game

Your missing the quality part, I define my golden era of JRPGS from 1991 to 2001, the jrpgs of today really have no soul.  You have a couple flashes here and there but nothing  that comes close to the games released during those 10 years.

Metroid Other M, by far. Definitely by far. There are games I don't like much, but this one takes the cake especially when I was drooling over the whole 2d 3d combination thing.

Killzone 2...that's a curious case for me. its an FPS so I don't mind the cliche story or anything, what got me was the atrocious controls. so sloppy and unresponsive. I know they were going for a more realistic feel, and in that case they succeeded, but it was only cool and novel for about 10 minutes. after that it just got annoying.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

1. GTA IV

It seemed almost unplayable to me. Highest rated game on PS3 my ass. I.JUST.DONT.GET.IT. I bought it and tried playing it several times. Sold it without finishing more than a few missions.

2. Final Fantasy XIII

Hold forward and press X for 15 hours. Yeah ok. Graphics make it seem ok.

3. Mass Effect 2

Dunno what to say. I just don't like it one bit.

Around the Network
Train wreck said:
stealth20k said:
Train wreck said:
During the JRPG golden era I bought a game called Hoshigami: Ruining Blue Earth, man o man...

How that era be the golden age when last gen was the golden age and this one was the golden age?

on a more serious note I loved that game

Your missing the quality part, I define my golden era of JRPGS from 1991 to 2001, the jrpgs of today really have no soul.  You have a couple flashes here and there but nothing  that comes close to the games released during those 10 years.

I define mine from 1987-current............... Just this year Ive bought 6 Ive really loved

Assassins Creed.

My biggest disapointment owned game was Metal Gear Solid 4.

Runa216 said:
 Ocarina of Time is mediocre, guys, your nostalgia is blinding you.

To chime in, I've played this game over again reletively recently and I must say I can't quite agree with your sentiment. The game touched a lot of notes upon its release and it was created so well that it holds up to the test of time.

It was the first game to represent Zelda in a 3D environment, you might not consider this a great feat or you might even loathe it as it was an attack on a previous amazing game style that is 2D. Regardless, the world of OoT was masterful in contrast of color, in location placement, and in the manner your character interacted with the enviorment. Not in a I can do whatever I want and run and jump around like an idiot becasuse I can and this is a game, but in a way that displayed your character as having limitations to movement making your attempt at exploration more meaningful and puruposed.

Though this is nothing new today, it was the first Zelda to incorporate this sort of movement scale instead of the typical limitation of grid and perceived height. All of this gave the game a down to earth sort of feel for the world. You weren't some overpowered character or lost in an overly busy environment. The world felt like a backyard, a tiny earth, you could explore reletively easily with parts seperated by enough space to provide a cultural contrast between realms. It felt like you were exploring areas of importance, places you could return to and accomplish things when you were more capable. The world was welcoming and felt like home inbetween braving dungeons that were unkown and presented new puzzles. The conflict in the story presented an enveloped sense of doom and inspiring you to right it. The music was also well incorporated.

A lot of the game's merits had to do with the new experience that came with a crafted Zelda quality game. You can dissect other Zelda games to display their superiority over OoT. But OoT's total package presented at such a pivital time in the franchise and the gaming world as a whole will outweigh it. I could play other Zelda's and have a great time, but it will be hard to match the experience that I and many others had that made every action done in OoT more magical than other other Zelda has come close to accomplishing since. This is not nostolgia, this is a comparison of affect when playing a game. Perhaps your experience was altered by immense love for a previous title in the franchise? Link to the past? I never felt it was that in common with OoT. Perhaps you are too judgmental comparing two games while playing instead of the games as a whole first? Maybe you never had the opportunity to play OoT when it was released and therefore lost out on the experience.

I also replayed FF7 last year. While some aspects are dated and now I am less forgiven of poor story choices (temple of ancients ending) the game as a whole is a masterpiece. 3D character models and 2D backgrounds where did you go?... Anyway I could go on about FF7 more than I could about OoT, so I won't.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

I played Oot 3d and its still a great piece of software