By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most disappointing game you've ever owned?

Runa216 said:
Killzone 2...that's a curious case for me. its an FPS so I don't mind the cliche story or anything, what got me was the atrocious controls. so sloppy and unresponsive. I know they were going for a more realistic feel, and in that case they succeeded, but it was only cool and novel for about 10 minutes. after that it just got annoying.

Momentum my friend, it's all about momentum! I have a hard time playing shooters (competitively) on consoles anymore after getting used to KB + M, the sticks just dont fit the 'point and shoot' mechanic for me. The KZ2 controls actually really clicked (lol) with me, the analog sticks fit the acceleration/movement of the guns so well, and after about 2 days I was getting consistent top 5 scores.

I can understand why you dislike them though. Or, well, due to the number of people I've seen complain, I can understand I'm in the minority..

Around the Network
DieAppleDie said:
I played Oot 3d and its still a great piece of software

Agreed. Though I'm really disappointed with how low-res and tiny the 3DS screen is.  I'm hoping for an XL revision sometime in the near future.

King Kong (PS2), Last time i would ever be stupid enough to buy a movie game

DBZ Taiketsu GBA
Oh man.........

umm i got like hundreds of these
-Duke nukem forever
-witcher one i hated the damn combat system
-red faction Armageddon i loved guerrilla and it just couldn't live up to it
-fear 3
-MW3 felt like an expensive map pack
-Kingdoms of amalur the combat and art were gnarley but the story and lore left you want for something not so generic
-bat man arkham city i loved the game my expectaions were just a bit higher still was really good though
-world of warcraft cata and a bit of wotlk because of so many promised features that were never fullfilled
-crysis 2 i felt like the first game was amazing and very rewarding ( having a pc that can run it on max) the second didnt even compare it was just meh
i got plenty more just not gonna type them all out

Around the Network

also all halo games after 2
and gta 4

archbrix said:
Yoshi's Story on N64; not because it was hyped up by the press/media, but because the last game to star Yoshi (the incredible Yoshi's Island on SNES) set my personal expectations high. Huge disappointment, IMO.

Good choice

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Im gonna go with homefront, it was hyped and looked good on g4, when i bought it. Battlefield knock off, but worse.

Etan

Etanclan4life said:

Im gonna go with homefront, it was hyped and looked good on g4, when i bought it. Battlefield knock off, but worse.

i wanted to play that but i herd nothing but bad reviews was it really that horrid

Yeah, it has xbox graphics and the lag is terrible. Just a bad game in general.

Etan