By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Vita 2012 Predicted Sales Chartz 4.08 mil

radishhead said:
Does this include the recent -170k adjustment?

yes, they fixed last week

Around the Network
Paul said:
wow, it could potentially not hit 4 million by the end of the year and is being outsold by the wii. That's got to hurt Sony.

I'd honestly say it's slightly more damning that the Vita has been outsold by the DS since the week of November 24th, a handheld that is mostly dead and already long replaced (which also only really sells well in North America anymore). I'm not sure how many people would have actually thought that was possible, nevermind the Wii beating the crap out of it too.

No matter what anyone thinks, the Vita isn't doing well and is in danger for the forseeable future unless Sony pulls their collective heads out of their asses and tries harder.

Updated to December 22nd

4,034,157 Vitas sold by end of 2012!

Vita Weekly Predicted Sales 12/22/2011 - 12/31/2012

Vita Lifetime Predicted Sales 12/22/2011 - 12/31/2012

LT 2012 2012 LT FY 2012 FY 2012
4,034,157 3,552,584 4,531,104 3,011,298

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Its a shame this thing is being outsold by phone gaming. A pricecut, and more recognition could of really helped it this year.

Estelle and Adol... best characters ever! XD

It looks like they might not even make it to 5 million.. not surprising.. but still Wow..

Nintendo Wii by generations...

1. Wii

2. Wii U

3. Wii O U

Predictions made by gamers concerning the current Nintendo line up of games.

Pikmen 3= Little Bump to nothing. (Got Little Bump)

Wind Waker HD= Won't sell anything (The explosion happened here and at one time 4 Wii U games was in the Amazon top 100)

Super Mario 3D World= Won't help at all looks cheap. (Currently the most sought after Wii U game and continuing the Wii U increase.)

Around the Network

Vita sales beat expectations the week approaching Christmas day at 202,271; selling over 18% from the previous week as opposed to the 7% prediction. This is the second time the system has sold over 200k since its launches in both Japan and the rest of the world, the first being black friday.

The system has passed its first year since launching in Japan. Despite decent launch numbers, the Vita has been plagued with low sales and an apprehensive market. In one year it managed to only sell 3,941,112 units. Less than half of that of its big brother, the PSP. Finishing the year next week the Vita will have an install base of over 4 million which might make publishers still consider it launch hardware when determining what, if any software to put on the device.

Amid the bumps, the Vita is still an impressive handheld device with tons of potential. The firmware updates, PS Plus integration, and Cross-buy are some of the great highlight features of this past year. Now that the system has tasted a full fledged holiday season, maybe its bad days are behind it, or perhaps the undetermined price drop next year will swing things in its favor. Sony, no doubt, hopes that to be the case as it has struggled up a slippery slope when it comes to market presence for their new toy. Perhaps the increased word of mouth from those lucky enough to have unwrapped the system this past Christmas will help Sony find their stride.

Better luck next year Vita. You deserve better than this.

too high

Nintendo Network ID = itsJabby

I wonder if word of mouth will actually go against the Vita over here...I mean, most systems sold here include COD...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
I wonder if word of mouth will actually go against the Vita over here...I mean, most systems sold here include COD...

Most systems sold recently included AC3 actuallly, but yeah the COD bundle did sell decent numbers. Despite that game being lacking, there are those that enjoy it, probably strickly mutliplayer gamers. I don't think one lame game destroys a whole system, and with PS Plus plenty of Vita gamers will have several great games on top of what they had at launch.