By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Fire Emblem: Awakening thread- European DLC 16/5 out now!

Conegamer said:
Anyone got an idea what the best pairings are coincidentally.

Chrom + Sumia
Avatar + Anyone, especially a potential mother if male

Donnel +Anyone mainly for appitude

Ricken +Nowi because it isn't creepy looking.

And those are the only ones I know for certain.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
Anyone got an idea what the best pairings are coincidentally.

Chrom + Sumia Avatar + mother of your favorite child character Cordelia + Ricken Cherche + Vaike Those are just a few.

BasilZero said:

Sorry for the necro bump and noobish question.

But I found out that Fire Emblem Awakening has DLC - can someone tell me which DLC is worth it (like which ones offer characters, adds to the story, etc). I searched it up and found the prices but no info :x.

Edit: Also is it permanent o.o....or would I have to buy them again say for an example my save file gets deleted or w/e?

Edit 2: Lawl I might end up getting them all but I wonder if the DLC is permanent upon purchase ;o?

I Found the "bonds" DLC and the Exponential Growth DLC to be the best, personally. I also believe they're permanent, but I am not sure.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Sorry for disturbing the thread but does anyone have this club nintendo code that doesnt need? I can exchange it for a code to download starfox 64 on your wii or any downloadable game of your liking from club nintendo

BasilZero said:
Conegamer said:
BasilZero said:

But I found out that Fire Emblem Awakening has DLC - can someone tell me which DLC is worth it (like which ones offer characters, adds to the story, etc). I searched it up and found the prices but no info :x.

Edit: Also is it permanent o.o....or would I have to buy them again say for an example my save file gets deleted or w/e?

Edit 2: Lawl I might end up getting them all but I wonder if the DLC is permanent upon purchase ;o?

I Found the "bonds" DLC and the Exponential Growth DLC to be the best, personally. I also believe they're permanent, but I am not sure.

Yay a quick response!

I've got a few more questions so bear with me.

1. Do I have to play other FE games to understand the storyline or no?
2. Will there be more DLC packs/etc in the future?
3. Do DLC go on sale at times? (i.e. holidays, promotion etc?)
4. I see that difficulty modes are normal, hard and lunatic but there is classic/casual? Are there any benefits on playing higher difficulties (i.e unlocking content, etc)
5. Is there New Game+
6. If you buy a DLC in one save file - and you decide to play the game again all over again, will you have to re-buy the DLC again or is it automatically stored in the game cartridge/etc or your Nintendo ID account (if that even exists o.O)?

Alright, I get ya. 

1.  Not really. Marth is mentioned a fair bit but that's all.

2. Doubtful. All of the ones from Japan are out so...

3. Not that I know of, sorry.

4. On Casual dead units come back in the next chapter, but they are gone for good in Classic. The only thing that you get from a higher difficulty is the reward of the difficulty itself.

5. Yes. You can also return to any previous chapters and do sidequests to grind up.

6. It is stored on the cartridge, yes. So it is there on all saves.

So...how's that?

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

Edit 3: Do I need to play another FE game to understand the story/lore of this game?

My picks for DLC, I'll list in packs.

Golden Gaffe Pack: For EXPontential Growth, easy battle experince with minimum danger and Golden Gaffe, easy currency with minimum danger.

Bonds Pack: For more character interactions (basically supports triggered on the battle field) for characters that didn't get alot of support conversations in game together or for more of them.

Future's Past: Essentially a tiny campaign in of itself dealing with a sort of time travel scenario.

The others are good for fans of characters from the past games, along with maps that offer huge challenges, a few offer highly sought after items and classes but none really necessary.

Yeah, once you but the DLC, short of you deleting it, it will appear in all your save files so you have nothing to worry about.

For some of the DLC, being familiar with the characters makes it more entertaining but not all of them, especially those that I mentioned.

BasilZero said:
Conegamer said:

Alright, I get ya. 

1.  Not really. Marth is mentioned a fair bit but that's all.

2. Doubtful. All of the ones from Japan are out so...

3. Not that I know of, sorry.

4. On Casual dead units come back in the next chapter, but they are gone for good in Classic. The only thing that you get from a higher difficulty is the reward of the difficulty itself.

5. Yes. You can also return to any previous chapters and do sidequests to grind up.

6. It is stored on the cartridge, yes. So it is there on all saves.

So...how's that?

Thank you good sir!

Especially #5 and #6 xD. I thought I had to re-buy all the DLC again to play them in a new playthrough ;p.

Didn't you think that'd be a bit of a rip off, if...you know...you get all the DLC. It's like over £30 for all of them!

BasilZero said:
Conegamer said:

Didn't you think that'd be a bit of a rip off, if...you know...you get all the DLC. It's like over £30 for all of them!

Yeah I checked the prices and it made me go WTF haxxorz lol

The most I've paid for DLC on Steam is $0.24 for the castle crashers DLC XD.

(The rest I just waited for a GOTY edition).

You dont think...they'll make a Fire Emblem Awakening GOTY :O?

Maybe, but I doubt it. It's not worth waiting for it at any rate.