By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Fire Emblem: Awakening thread- European DLC 16/5 out now!

I just completed Future Past 2 and damn was it amazing. Not only is the story getting better and more intense (better than main game) but it also gave an even harder challenge. I had to reset so many time that I lost count.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Conegamer said:

Hmm, I guess it's a tricky thing to balance. Hopefully the system will be more refined in future installments (if they include it).

Just about to start my Lunatic playthrough, so let's see how that goes.

Hopefully they don't include it ever again. Also, the whole dual attack/dual guard stuff adds a layer of randomness that I cannot appreciate. Well, dual guard has no drawbacks for the player, but the activation of dual attack or lack thereof can mess up things badly.

You get around Dual attacks just by either unequiping the weapon on the supporting paired unit, that way you still get the occassional dual guard but all the experience still goes to the main unit. That is usually how I grind for experience when trying to also grind supports without using those seeds. Given that they actually give you percentages of potential dual attacks or guards once you target the enemy, I don't see them as being less random then a critical hit although they do give the player a bit of an unfair advantage.

NoirSon said:
RolStoppable said:
Conegamer said:

Hmm, I guess it's a tricky thing to balance. Hopefully the system will be more refined in future installments (if they include it).

Hopefully they don't include it ever again. Also, the whole dual attack/dual guard stuff adds a layer of randomness that I cannot appreciate. Well, dual guard has no drawbacks for the player, but the activation of dual attack or lack thereof can mess up things badly.

You get around Dual attacks just by either unequiping the weapon on the supporting paired unit, that way you still get the occassional dual guard but all the experience still goes to the main unit. That is usually how I grind for experience when trying to also grind supports without using those seeds. Given that they actually give you percentages of potential dual attacks or guards once you target the enemy, I don't see them as being less random then a critical hit although they do give the player a bit of an unfair advantage.

It depends on the units. My Lucina and Owain are married and have something ridiculous like a 95% chance of a dual strike.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
NoirSon said:
RolStoppable said:
Conegamer said:

It depends on the units. My Lucina and Owain are married and have something ridiculous like a 95% chance of a dual strike.

Yeah but what else is the point of marriage if you don't have your partner's back in fights:). I keep my married pairs seperated unless the fight is expected to be rough for one of them doing it solo and their are no other support options. Married pairs do have a ridiculously high percentage of activation probably just a bit south of the activation of the Vengenace skill on most characters after a while. Not to mention, Lucina and Chrom have the dual strike skill but in the end you can work around it just by not positioning the two together or not pairing them up or pairing them up and making sure the backrow character's weapon is unequipped. Short of unequipping certain skills and weapons at the beginning of battles, I find it harder to judge how to stop critical hits from killing off characters I wanted to keep alive.

I hate rap music, but this made me laugh xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkqSNS9va5k

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network
osed125 said:

I hate rap music, but this made me laugh xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkqSNS9va5k

Heh, in addition there's no curtain in the European DLC

Question: does Donnel learns any skill on Village class? After a lot of grinding he finally reached lvl 10, but no new skill was learned. Can't use master seal on him, but second seal lets me change his class to fighter or mercenary. 

According to Fire Emblem wiki Village class can reach up to lvl 30, but the stats are really low, so I guess the best choice is to change his class. 

Nintendo and PC gamer

Reclass Donnel at Level 15, he learns Underdog there.

This thread has really been on a go_slow.

Conegamer said:

Thanks!

Just one more question, if the enemy is the same lvl as Donnel do you still get the hit and avoid increase?

Nintendo and PC gamer

osed125 said:
Conegamer said:

Thanks!

Just one more question, if the enemy is the same lvl as Donnel do you still get the hit and avoid increase?

Nope, only when it's higher. 

@Conegamer - Well a lot of good games have been released for the 3DS in the past month, so my FE time has been downgraded to a couple of missions per day (mostly for supports). I've already gotten all the Infinite Regalia and i'm just waiting for new DLC to come out.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"