By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Fire Emblem: Awakening thread- European DLC 16/5 out now!

F0X said:
mii-gamer said:
I am a fire emblem virgin, so i am playing the game with permanent death off. How do people finish the game without chucking your 3DS on the floor? If i lost my sumia, panne and anna permanently i would just stop playing the game altogether :(
I am having a great time though even though i am still learning the intricacies of the game. Well done Nintendo

Start + Select + L + R

Someone dies? Restart the chapter and try again. At least, that's how I always play each game, as it becomes a game not about minimizing losses, but instead attempting to eradicate them completely by using high-level strategic thinking.

Yeah, pretty much this. Having to reset a few times because of a silly error to then scrape through is such a thrill.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

My Start + Select + L + R are having a lot of use on my Lunatic playthrough .

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

osed125 said:
mii-gamer said:
Anyone have any tips? It seems like i am just playing the game without grasping the concepts or mastering the strategy :(

Check this tips, really good for newcomers. 

http://kotaku.com/5981450/tips-for-playing-fire-emblem-awakening

The only one I don't agree with is grinding. On normal this isn't really necessary, but since this is your first time playing the game you might want to do it, although don't exaggerate too much because imo it takes the fun out of the game. 

Also, when you get a chance ALWAYS do the overworld missions where there's a merchant and enemies in the same map, and make sure the merchant doesn't die, you get some really nice rewards for saving her.

Pay attention to what enemies said during the battle, you will hear that reinforcements are coming, so you should put a character in a fort or stairs, this will help you a lot.

If it is possible only lure 1 enemy at a time, this will become a problem in later chapters so you better always have a tank (for both defense and resistance) that can take multiple hits from various enemies. But make sure the tank doesn't kill the enemy because he or she will take all of the exp, leaving your other characters with no enemies to kill. That's why my tanks have really low speed (so they can only hit the enemy once and thus the chance of killing them are low) or simple unequip his or her weapons (remember the tanks work is to lure enemies and not kill them).

This depends on the specific map you are doing, but for the most part you want all your characters to be together (or at least 2 big separate groups). Never leave 1 character alone, no matter how overpower you think he or she is. 

Check the best possibilities you have. For example: you will always want the hit percentage to be 100% (less than 80% I consider risky), so make sure the hit percentage is as high as possible, and also vice versa (that enemy has a low hit percentage). Make sure the enemy has a low (preferably 0%) of crit chance, there's nothing more annoying than dying from a crit. Keep in mind that a critical hit is 3x of a normal attack, so if you are going against an enemy that has a high crit chance (because he has a killer weapon for example) make sure your character can take the hit even if the enemy gets the critical.

ALWAYS check the weapons of enemies surrounding you. And make sure your that your characters are safe from their weapons (at the right of the weapon you will see what the weapon is super effective against). For example: keep your flying units out of the range of archers and wind magic, or heavy armor units out of hammers and rapiers range.

thanks you so much :P I am at chapter 13, i loose at least one unit per chapter battle. Next chapter i will aim for no fatalities 

mii-gamer said:
osed125 said:
mii-gamer said:
Anyone have any tips? It seems like i am just playing the game without grasping the concepts or mastering the strategy :(

Check this tips, really good for newcomers. 

http://kotaku.com/5981450/tips-for-playing-fire-emblem-awakening

The only one I don't agree with is grinding. On normal this isn't really necessary, but since this is your first time playing the game you might want to do it, although don't exaggerate too much because imo it takes the fun out of the game. 

Also, when you get a chance ALWAYS do the overworld missions where there's a merchant and enemies in the same map, and make sure the merchant doesn't die, you get some really nice rewards for saving her.

Pay attention to what enemies said during the battle, you will hear that reinforcements are coming, so you should put a character in a fort or stairs, this will help you a lot.

If it is possible only lure 1 enemy at a time, this will become a problem in later chapters so you better always have a tank (for both defense and resistance) that can take multiple hits from various enemies. But make sure the tank doesn't kill the enemy because he or she will take all of the exp, leaving your other characters with no enemies to kill. That's why my tanks have really low speed (so they can only hit the enemy once and thus the chance of killing them are low) or simple unequip his or her weapons (remember the tanks work is to lure enemies and not kill them).

This depends on the specific map you are doing, but for the most part you want all your characters to be together (or at least 2 big separate groups). Never leave 1 character alone, no matter how overpower you think he or she is. 

Check the best possibilities you have. For example: you will always want the hit percentage to be 100% (less than 80% I consider risky), so make sure the hit percentage is as high as possible, and also vice versa (that enemy has a low hit percentage). Make sure the enemy has a low (preferably 0%) of crit chance, there's nothing more annoying than dying from a crit. Keep in mind that a critical hit is 3x of a normal attack, so if you are going against an enemy that has a high crit chance (because he has a killer weapon for example) make sure your character can take the hit even if the enemy gets the critical.

ALWAYS check the weapons of enemies surrounding you. And make sure your that your characters are safe from their weapons (at the right of the weapon you will see what the weapon is super effective against). For example: keep your flying units out of the range of archers and wind magic, or heavy armor units out of hammers and rapiers range.

thanks you so much :P I am at chapter 13, i loose at least one unit per chapter battle. Next chapter i will aim for no fatalities 

Perhaps you should play it on classic after, and aim to do that in all 28 Chapters and all 23 Paralogues

mii-gamer said:

Pressing X immediately after the battle starts on a unfamiliar map is pretty much mandatory as is highlighting the enemies if there are any enemies equipped with weapons/magic that have the advantage over some of your units (i.e. a enemy equipped with a Hammer or a mage with wind magic) so that you know where not to place them.

Around the Network

It is that time for the DLC:

Outrealm Tales: Summer Scramble
Anna, the traveling merchant, has invited Chrom and his team to take a break on a secret beach as a token of gratitude for their help. However, just as they are about to relax on the beach, a group of bandits appears…
Reward: Conversations, Seed of Trust x3
Difficulty: 2 star, Price: €2.49/£2.29
This map features many conversations between the parent characters. In addition, Chrom, Gaius, Tharja and Cordelia each have scenes where they don a swimsuit, plus special conversations with your Avatar. This map is recommended for those who love dialogue between characters.
Battle map: New
Map theme: "We should turn in for the night."
Battle theme: Main Theme (Summer)
Note 1: This map features 15 event tiles instead of the usual 2.
Note 2: For this map only, all Sorcerer characters wear a swimsuit in battle.

Yes. 

Galaki said:
osed125 said:
Galaki said:
What's the point of resetting on death? Just play on casual mode...

That's for the weak!

But for me is because I'm so used to previous FE games where there's simple no option. Having perma deaths makes the missions more tense and force you to be more careful because you know that one mistake will result in the characters death. 

Or maybe I'm just a masochist with videogames

So, if you chose permadeath, then you should not be resetting on deaths.

Or maybe there should be another option... half deaths for the in betweeen people.

It is not the same thing, it is not only about losing a unit. The strategy changes depending on how you play.

If you play the game on casul mode, you make a strategy to win the stage without caring if you lose or not units, but if you play on classic, even using reset, you force yourself to make a strategy that makes you win the stage and not losing any unit.

Those are two different gameplay types.

Just finished the Summer of Scramble map. Lots of pretty cool conversations, and they haven't censored any of it from what I can tell. Not even Tharja as in the American DLC.

Galaki said:
osed125 said:
Galaki said:
What's the point of resetting on death? Just play on casual mode...

That's for the weak!

But for me is because I'm so used to previous FE games where there's simple no option. Having perma deaths makes the missions more tense and force you to be more careful because you know that one mistake will result in the characters death. 

Or maybe I'm just a masochist with videogames

So, if you chose permadeath, then you should not be resetting on deaths.

Or maybe there should be another option... half deaths for the in betweeen people.

If I play on Casual, my strategy would not be based on making sure all of my units survive.

On Classic, my strategy will always be focused on keeping everyone alive. To me, losing a unit more or less means that I did something wrong and I should go back to the drawing board before I futher embarrass myself.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Has anyone tried killing any character joining your team as soon as they show up? Leaving only the main character that give you the game over screen.