By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Fire Emblem: Awakening thread- European DLC 16/5 out now!

RolStoppable said:
Galaki said:
Has anyone tried killing any character joining your team as soon as they show up? Leaving only the main character that give you the game over screen.

The way the game is designed, it's certainly possible to get through the game with just Chrom and the avatar. Definitely on normal, possibly on hard too.

Stat boost from pair up, a sufficient amount of healing items early on, plenty of money to stock up on everything you need, soon outleveling enemies due to the focus on only two characters, optionally using permanent stat boosters to reduce weaknesses further. And since Chrom takes the entire storage with him, five item slots per character aren't an issue at all, because you can refresh your inventory or adjust it on the fly.

Paralogue 17 (protect Tiki) would be impossible with just two characters, but it's not required to beat the game. The only main story map where you have to protect someone is chapter 6, but by the time you get there the two characters should be powerful enough to wipe out the thieves early on and then move to the open entrance of Emmeryn's room to block it. Or one character stays near Marth while the other one heads down on the West side, eventually taking care of the boss.

Might actually be worth trying out. Such a file should be doable in around ten hours.

I honestly don't see how it'd be possible without a ridiculous amount of grinding early on. In particular, you wouldn't be able to do it in 10 hours.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
NoirSon said:
mii-gamer said:
Anyone have any tips? It seems like i am just playing the game without grasping the concepts or mastering the strategy :(

Pressing X immediately after the battle starts on a unfamiliar map is pretty much mandatory as is highlighting the enemies if there are any enemies equipped with weapons/magic that have the advantage over some of your units (i.e. a enemy equipped with a Hammer or a mage with wind magic) so that you know where not to place them.

thank you very much

I got the game some days ago and I'm loving it to death. I spent around 2 hours per day playing it for most of the week and that's a lot for me as I don't game that much. Got the download version and it was the right choice. Anyone else slowly growing accustomed to downloads? I'll get Animal Crossing on the eShop (due to the "so many games" promotion) and I think I might just download Pokémon as well when it hits in October.

That's all for now, got to marry Robin to some hot chick.

RolStoppable said:

The way the game is designed, it's certainly possible to get through the game with just Chrom and the avatar. Definitely on normal, possibly on hard too.

Stat boost from pair up, a sufficient amount of healing items early on, plenty of money to stock up on everything you need, soon outleveling enemies due to the focus on only two characters, optionally using permanent stat boosters to reduce weaknesses further. And since Chrom takes the entire storage with him, five item slots per character aren't an issue at all, because you can refresh your inventory or adjust it on the fly.

Paralogue 17 (protect Tiki) would be impossible with just two characters, but it's not required to beat the game. The only main story map where you have to protect someone is chapter 6, but by the time you get there the two characters should be powerful enough to wipe out the thieves early on and then move to the open entrance of Emmeryn's room to block it. Or one character stays near Marth while the other one heads down on the West side, eventually taking care of the boss.

Might actually be worth trying out. Such a file should be doable in around ten hours.

There's a Chrom Solo guide on gamefaqs (Hard/Classic), so I assume it's possible.

RolStoppable said:
Conegamer said:
RolStoppable said:
Galaki said:
Has anyone tried killing any character joining your team as soon as they show up? Leaving only the main character that give you the game over screen.

I honestly don't see how it'd be possible without a ridiculous amount of grinding early on. In particular, you wouldn't be able to do it in 10 hours.

Oh, is that a challenge? Fine then.

Here are the conditions:

1) Normal difficulty.
2) Only Chrom and the avatar can be used. Other characters will be benched, although if you insist I'll kill them. For gameplay, the result is the same for both, but killing characters will take more time.
3) Only the main story has to be completed, meaning the 27 chapters spanning from prologue to final. No paralogues.
4) No grinding, meaning no other maps than the main story chapters are allowed to be played.
5) Renown rewards and money can be used how I see fit.

If you agree to these conditions, I'll start such a file and will keep you updated. I am convinced that I can do it and that I can do it in ten hours or less.

Alright then, sure. I think you can do it, barely, but under 10 hours? Are we including resets in this?

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Status update after about two hours.

Difficulty: Normal
Characters used: Chrom and Kim (female avatar, asset: magic, flaw: luck)
Characters dead: None
EXP gained for characters that are not Chrom or Kim: 0
Classes for Chrom: Lord, Great Lord, Paladin
Classes for Kim: Tactician, Tactician, Grandmaster, Grandmaster
Permanent stat boosters (including boots) used: None
Money spent: 0
Chapters played: Prologue, Chapter 1-25, Final
Time played before starting Final: 1:37:53

So the challenge has been completed in approximately one hour and 40 minutes. I stopped killing all enemies after chapter 13, because it felt like a waste of time. Marth had to retreat from battle in chapter 6. I think I used five vulneraries and one elixier. All of those in the early stages of the game.

Huh. That was...quick.

Conegamer said:
RolStoppable said:
Status update after about two hours.

Difficulty: Normal
Characters used: Chrom and Kim (female avatar, asset: magic, flaw: luck)
Characters dead: None
EXP gained for characters that are not Chrom or Kim: 0
Classes for Chrom: Lord, Great Lord, Paladin
Classes for Kim: Tactician, Tactician, Grandmaster, Grandmaster
Permanent stat boosters (including boots) used: None
Money spent: 0
Chapters played: Prologue, Chapter 1-25, Final
Time played before starting Final: 1:37:53

So the challenge has been completed in approximately one hour and 40 minutes. I stopped killing all enemies after chapter 13, because it felt like a waste of time. Marth had to retreat from battle in chapter 6. I think I used five vulneraries and one elixier. All of those in the early stages of the game.

Huh. That was...quick.

Skip all dialogues and turns, no animations on anything during battles plus rushing everything and 1:37 hours is very doable on Normal.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

RolStoppable said:
Conegamer said:

Huh. That was...quick.

I told you it would take less than ten hours. The pair up mechanic truly breaks the game beyond belief, hence why garbage difficulty settings like lunatic and lunatic+ had to be included. I am not enjoying the game at all on lunatic. I ended up buying the EXP DLC (a late night decision), but that doesn't solve the problem. Lunatic is more or less Fire Emblem: Disgaea Edition.

Hmm, I guess it's a tricky thing to balance. Hopefully the system will be more refined in future installments (if they include it).

Just about to start my Lunatic playthrough, so let's see how that goes.

Just did chapter 5 on hard and keeping the little mage alive was a pain in the ass, had to reset twice. There's only 1 safe spot on the first turn, which doesn't help at all for the second turn. The best thing I could think of was to move Maribelle and the little guy (they were pair up) to the fort and get lucky that at least 1 enemy miss the attack. After they survived the second turn the rest was relatively easy.

Nintendo and PC gamer

RolStoppable said:
osed125 said:

Just did chapter 5 on hard and keeping the little mage alive was a pain in the ass, had to rest twice. There's only 1 safe sopt on the first turn, which doesn't help at all for the second turn. The best thing I could think of was to move Maribelle and the little guy (they were pair up) to the fort and get lucky that at least 1 enemy miss the attack. After they survived the second turn the rest was relatively easy.

The solution is to get the rescue staff from paralogue 1, pair up Ricken and Maribelle, then have them rescued by Lissa.

Wait you can rescue pair up units? Didn't come to mind at the moment. That would have saved me a lot of troubles during those first two turns.

Nintendo and PC gamer