By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Fez IGN Review 9.5!

Tagged games:

Barozi said:

just as idiotic as every boycott out there.
"Oh noes *... company* did not support my platform of choice. I will never buy their super exclusive AAA game that was just released on that other platform I own, because I feel tricked for them not agreeing with me."

Meh, I get this kind of boycott more so than most.  Most boycotts are because you disagree with what the higher ups in the company decided so you punish all kinds of people working for the company for the decisions or comments made by a few.  This is much more direct, there are only two people in this guy's company so if you don't want to support him for being a jerk to some Japanese indie developer at GDC your only collateral damage will be one other dude.  

Personally I get the outrage, even if the guy thinks that Japanese gaming is bad he shouldn't yell it at some poor guy just asking a  question at GDC, but I wouldn't care enough to boycott it if I had access to it.

Around the Network
Nsanity said:
There seems to be a lot of Weeaboo rage against this game.

You can see it as only Weeaboos (god being called a nerd by a bunch of other nerds on the internet, stupidest thing I've delt with in a while) being mad because they disagree with his statement, but then again I see it as people ignoring that he acted like a butthole because they agree with his general sentiment.  

I'm pretty sure that there are people that work for every company that most of us wouldn't agree with. Fucking racists, sexists, homophobs, all kinds of assholes.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

toadslayer72 said:
I'm pretty sure that there are people that work for every company that most of us wouldn't agree with. Fucking racists, sexists, homophobs, all kinds of assholes.

well sure, but how many companies can you say "I dislike half of their employees and find their actions deplorable"?

Torillian said:
toadslayer72 said:

well sure, but how many companies can you say "I dislike half of their employees and find their actions deplorable"?

I'd guess of all of the two-manned companies there are in the world, there would be a significant amount. Just a guess though.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

Around the Network

well I for one will be picking it up .. but gotta wait till pay day so the demo will have to do for now..

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-04-12-fez-review

kowenicki said:
seems to be a lot of hate in here.... cant imagine why

anyway I loom forward to another excellent LIVE exclusive.

lol can find out about it here..

http://www.develop-online.net/news/40061/GDC-Japanese-dev-mocked-your-games-suck

he was basically making a comment about modern japanese games.. I kinda get the feeling he loved the japanese games of the past just not the recent ones..

But he's not the only guy to criticize japanese games.. 

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-09-20-inafune-japan-five-years-behind-west

Fez score went back up to a 91 on metacritic with joystiq giving it a 5/5, Eurogamer 10/10, G4TV giving it a 4/5 and several others.

Microsoft gets another excellent game for Xbox Live EXCLUSIVELY:

Yay!!!

Torillian said:
Nsanity said:
There seems to be a lot of Weeaboo rage against this game.

You can see it as only Weeaboos (god being called a nerd by a bunch of other nerds on the internet, stupidest thing I've delt with in a while) being mad because they disagree with his statement, but then again I see it as people ignoring that he acted like a butthole because they agree with his general sentiment.  

Or C) Which is probably 99.9% more likely

People are upset its not on their choice system. This on the internet is PURE FACT.

I dont need figures or GOD to tell me.

This is the only reason.

It has nothing to do with any morale choice or concern for others.