By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Specs "leaked" by fudzilla

Quote:
"Sources are now spilling the beans on exactly what we can expect from Orbis, or the PlayStation 4, when it is arrives. For the most part it is about what we already knew, with no real surprises; and it looks to be a very smart decision for AMD.

If the tech specs are correct, the latest info has the PS4 showing the unit being built from what amounts to off-the-self parts. The unit will use the AMD A8-3850 APU and Radeon 7670 GPU. The AP-3850 APU is said to clock in at 2.9GHz and it will be a quad core chip, while the HD 7670 which will offer 1GB of RAM and while we have heard rumors of a projected clock speed, we would wait till we are closer to release before we predict what this will actually be.

As we told you previously, this selection does take back from the PC side, but there still a lot more questions than answers. Our contacts in the development community seem divided on what the box can actually deliver in terms of performance. According to one developer, '…we really don’t know how well the unit can perform, but so far it has been on par with the current generation.'"
Not sure how accurate it is, but Fudzilla is a pretty reliable source of information. Also does shine a lot of light on why a console would go with an AMD CPU.

Edit: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=469574 Sony doesn't look like it's doing too good as far as financials go either, which could lead to a weaker box to maximize profits."
source

But sense it won’t be out until next year it will most likely be more powerful than current gen.

Wait for the 3DS comparison

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network

The link to your anonymous source doesn't work.

http://www.fudzilla.com/home/item/26662-orbis-specs-get-detailed?tmpl=component&print=1

"but so far it has been on par with the current generation."

So, I guess if Microsoft follow suit then there won't be a next generation for quite some time :P

Anyway, if any of this turns out to be true then that goes to show how Nintendo most definitely timed their HD-entry perfectly.

Well, there goes my hopes at 4GB ram... -___-

Another day, another hopeless rumour.

Around the Network

When Wii U and PS4 will be on Xbox 360 and PS3 levels, it just shows what kind of beasts these consoles were in 2005 / 2006.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

So, I guess if Microsoft follow suit then there won't be a next generation for quite some time :P

Anyway, if any of this turns out to be true then that goes to show how Nintendo most definitely timed their HD-entry perfectly.

Why? We already know WiiU is more powerful so hmm if Sony and MS does go with “on par” then only WiiU is next gen :O

lol the meltdowns and spins the fans will come up with just to make it ok will be fun!

Graphic wise we don't need to go so much futher next generation
what we do need is everyting else like less laggy games and better AI etc etc

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Roma said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Why? We already know WiiU is more powerful so hmm if Sony and MS does go with “on par” then only WiiU is next gen :O

lol the meltdowns and spins the fans will come up with just to make it ok will be fun!

Come on, why should Sony and MS release a console just as powerful as the current one?

And we don't know anything. We are just guessing, but your scenario seems not to be likely.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

DirtyP2002 said:
Roma said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Come on, why should Sony and MS release a console just as powerful as the current one?

And we don't know anything. We are just guessing, but your scenario seems not to be likely.

Yes we do know because devs have said it already lol

And no I do not believe they will release consoles just on par with current gen