By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Petition Attrition: Dark Souls Confirmed For PC

Tagged games:

** CAUTION MINOR SPOILERS AND MAJOR WHINING **

Dark Souls will be better on PC than the game I played on 360:

No. 1 they will be able to back up elsewhere so they'll never lose 96 hours to a corrupted save.

2. Targetting will be easier of course and at least reflect the longer range lock-on that consoles got with a patch. That's something that modding could further improve on for archers and casters.

3. Visuals. Not that it looked bad but it wasn't nearly what I expected from the hype and the screenshots. It'll get texture/lighting mods pretty quickly and probably look amazing.

4. In boss fights or facing large opponents like Sentinels I couldn't kite them, roll or run away effectively because the screen would fill with their giant butt and block my view. If you built a decent tank you could lock-on and fight inside where the cams worked better. Trying that in light armour seemed a lot like suicide.

5. If you did lock on and a boss went airborne the camera would spin around your characters' head and drag you into the kill zone. You had to break-lock, roll away then lock-on again for each attack. Time I needed to heal, change spells and move. That would be a lot less clumsy with a mouse and that's assuming the mods don't fix the cams.

6. Some added music wouldn't hurt. I got tired of listening to my armour creak, the crunch of footsteps and that phony sounding swish from the high grass. Creating an atmosphere is one thing but Dark Souls seemed almost devoid of music.

7. Skin mods would help. Looking like an emaciated corpse a lot of the time was part of the intended experience but it made for a disconnect with my characters. A little variety would spice things up. A lightly-clad lesbian vampire for instance could go bloodless and pale and still hold your attention.

8. The multi-player aspect was wonderful in theory but with few 360 players at my level it was rare and always surprised me when I was full of poison darts or two fireballs from well-done. A couple of friends reported summoning help for a boss and getting backstabbed instead. There should be more mature users on PC and hopefully more of them.

9. Getting sent back to a distant save point because the phone rang or someone knocked on the door got annoying fast. I'm not sure if any mod could or should add the ability to pause the game once in a while. It might affect gameplay too much. The long trek to get to the bosses is a big part of the difficulty level.

Fixing all this would drop the overall difficulty but it would be a better game with more replay value. It'll be interesting to see if PC gamers think DS deserves the automatic ascension to AAA status that most of the PS3 crowd seem to give it. Then again they'll be playing a better game. It's a good game on 360, maybe very good despite the tech issues. Being hard isn't necessarily a big plus though. Any more than KoA: Reckoning or Fable III are bad games just because they're too easy.

Around the Network
pezus said:
Solid-Stark said:
Player1x3 said:
Solid-Stark said:
pezus said:

Scans of two new bosses!

Im getting the PC version anyway, but I hope this comes to PS3!

I swear I've seen that flying lion in the art book

If FS doesn't bring this to PS3 gamers, the people who made this franchise what it is today, i will sell my DS copy (and my copy of DS as well) and never buy a single game from them ever again

Indeed. FS owes the Soul's games success to Playstation gaming.

And? This is what late PS3 version ports always get. Why not the same with late PC ports? It's only fair

PS3 gamers actually pay money to play this game. Without Playstation there probably even wouldn't be Dark Souls in the first place

zero129 said:
Player1x3 said:
pezus said:
Solid-Stark said:
Player1x3 said:
Solid-Stark said:
pezus said:

Scans of two new bosses!

If FS doesn't bring this to PS3 gamers, the people who made this franchise what it is today, i will sell my DS copy (and my copy of DS as well) and never buy a single game from them ever again

And? This is what late PS3 version ports always get. Why not the same with late PC ports? It's only fair

PS3 gamers actually pay money to play this game. Without Playstation there probably even wouldn't be Dark Souls in the first place

360 gamers payed money to play ToV. Same with Wii gamers to play ToG, same for Street fighterxTekken, 360 owners payed money for that, but didn't get the co op online play. Star ocean on 360 the late PS3 port got extra stuff. Or are PS3 fans only happy when they get extra stuff for a late port but no other system can unless the PS3 gets it too?.

Both PS360 gamers pay money to play their games, unlike the elitist snobs. And I hate exclusive extra stuff on any multiplatform game on any console, regardless  if its a late port or not. If a game is multiplat all consoles should get the same DLC. I just said I'd be angry if this stuff is EXCLUSIVE to PC, and doesn't come to ps360. Seriously, I'd be  more ok with it if 360 got exclusivity on this, than PC, cuz 360 gamers actually payed to play this, unlike the gaming master race of Gods

zero129 said:
Player1x3 said:
zero129 said:
Player1x3 said:
pezus said:
Solid-Stark said:
Player1x3 said:
Solid-Stark said:
pezus said:

Scans of two new bosses!

360 gamers payed money to play ToV. Same with Wii gamers to play ToG, same for Street fighterxTekken, 360 owners payed money for that, but didn't get the co op online play. Star ocean on 360 the late PS3 port got extra stuff. Or are PS3 fans only happy when they get extra stuff for a late port but no other system can unless the PS3 gets it too?.

Both PS360 gamers pay money to play their games, unlike the elitist snobs. And I hate exclusive extra stuff on any multiplatform game on any console, regardless  if its a late port or not. If a game is multiplat all consoles should get the same DLC. I just said I'd be angry if this stuff is EXCLUSIVE to PC, and doesn't come to ps360. Seriously, I'd be  more ok with it if 360 got exclusivity on this, than PC, cuz 360 gamers actually payed to play this, unlike the gaming master race of Gods

So wait Pc gamers get games for free now and don't have to pay??. WOW! thats news to me!!. Pretty much every game i ever got on the Pc (Unless it was a F2P games i had to pay for it, and so do many others, just look at steam sales.

Oh absolutely! The piracy on PC is insane !!! I don't know if there are more than 10 developers that actually profit from PC gaming lol. For the most studios, developers and publishers, PC gaming has been dead for a loooooong time. Console counterparts always outsell PC by 4:1 or more. But when you go to some torrent web site, it shows games that have been downloaded 10m+ times already.

pezus said:
Solid-Stark said:
Player1x3 said:
Solid-Stark said:
pezus said:

Scans of two new bosses!

That was my premise to why I hope ps3 gets the extra content. It was not a jab at pc at all...

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Around the Network
pezus said:
Solid-Stark said:
pezus said:
Solid-Stark said:
Player1x3 said:
Solid-Stark said:
pezus said:

Scans of two new bosses!

That was my premise to why I hope ps3 gets the extra content. It was not a jab at pc at all...

I know. But selling your copy of DS just because they give the PC version a few extras is a bit...extreme, don't you think?

That was Player1x3. I was agreeing with his point that the ps3 should get the content; Im sure he was being sarcastic or maybe extreme like you say.

e=mc^2

pezus said:

Oh I am sure he wasn't being sarcastic. But yeah, maybe they'll give 360 and PS3 gamers the content later on.

Lets get back OT. The bosses look nice. I apologize I didn't thank you for the screens, so Thanks! :)

I wonder if they will have a corresponding level or if they will just be thrown in somewhere. Also, I wonder if they will be tough. I mean after a while the game gets easy because you familiarize with it. I hope they scale the difficulty high, my strongest character is a beast XD

e=mc^2

pezus said:
Solid-Stark said:
pezus said:

Oh I am sure he wasn't being sarcastic. But yeah, maybe they'll give 360 and PS3 gamers the content later on.

Lets get back OT. The bosses look nice. I apologize I didn't thank you for the screens, so Thanks! :)

I wonder if they will have a corresponding level or if they will just be thrown in somewhere. Also, I wonder if they will be tough. I mean after a while the game gets easy because you familiarize with it. I hope they scale the difficulty high, my strongest character is a beast XD

Hmmm I don't know how they'd add the bosses. Isn't it kind of an open world?

Yeah but more like interconnected worlds, not fully open like fallout or elder scrolls.

e=mc^2

Could you guys clean up those quote chains, it's getting stupid

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Player1x3 said:

Oh absolutely! The piracy on PC is insane !!! I don't know if there are more than 10 developers that actually profit from PC gaming lol. For the most studios, developers and publishers, PC gaming has been dead for a loooooong time. Console counterparts always outsell PC by 4:1 or more. But when you go to some torrent web site, it shows games that have been downloaded 10m+ times already.

There are tonnes of developers that profit from PC especially with ports, examples like the PC port of Alan Wake making a profit in weeks, The Witcher 2 selling 1.1 million copies, minecraft, every blizzard game ever, Sega called Total War their silent workhorse as every release makes a profit, Skyrim broke steam sales reccords so you know that sold well, lots of smaller games like Orcs Must Die! sold so much better on PC that they are not bothering with consoles of the sequel, Magica sold over a million copies as did Terreria, Eugen Systems returning to making PC exclusive games after their big console push with RUSE, Paradox software has doubled their profits every year for the last 4 with PC exclusive games, Portal 2 sold best on PC and steam also doubles revenue every year.

Many developers are doubling down on PC games for example the recent Love letter to PC for Borderlands, games like Binary Domain and Street Fighter X Tekken getting PC ports. EA pushed Battlefeild heavilly on PC and now they are pushing the PC exclusive SimCity, The Sims is one of the most profitable franchises on the planet etc

None of that would be happening if PC wasn't generating profit for these companies.

The PC market has never been stronger, and that is not even mentioning MMOs and F2P. It's stupid to worry about piracy and used sales when games are making profit. 

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!