By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Petition Attrition: Dark Souls Confirmed For PC

Tagged games:

pezus said:

Why?

Go back to your world of warcrafts and be happy for the scraps consoles throw you.

Around the Network
GaaraD.Dragon said:
PullusPardus said:

they didn't offer exclusivity for publishing.

Yeah, i know.

But why didn't they pursue a deal like that especially after the acclaim Demons Souls received ? Why din't they care to keep it within the PS3 ranks ?

Because Shuhei Yoshida played it a bit and thought it was a crap game. That's why Sony didn't bother publishing it outside of Japan. By the time it dawned on them that it was a hit, Namco had probably already snapped up the rights to Dark Souls.

badgenome said:

Because Shuhei Yoshida played it a bit and thought it was a crap game. That's why Sony didn't bother publishing it outside of Japan. By the time it dawned on them that it was a hit, Namco had probably already snapped up the rights to Dark Souls.

Yeah i had heard about that, it's a probability .

But anyway I wanted to say that Sony seems too dimwitted this generation to preserve all those things that used to make Playstation gaming unique.

@pezus

come to me when you have a reason why Dark Souls owns anything creatively to PC gaming.

pezus said:

Why should I come to you? I'm perfectly fine where I am, thank you.

So i won't last long here ?

Why don't i hear you googling "King's Field" ?

This is one of the reasons From Software is quickly becoming one of my favorite companies. I really hope these extra bosses hit PS3 because I would gladly pay for that DLC.

Around the Network

pezus said:

Do you think I'm the one who mentioned PC origins?  

Let me remind you

zarx said: 

From what I understand of the game Dark Souls is closer to the dungeon crawler RPGs of yor, which were mainly on PC anyway.

GaaraD.Dragon said:

Kings Field says hello ?! 

pc gaming has no saying here

pezus said:

Why?

You questioned my correcting of a statement ingorant of Dark Souls origins and you had nothing. End of story.

zero129 said:

And then when Pezus asked you "why?" you replyed back with a shitty comment that's why you wont last long here.

And yes dungeon crawler RPGs did start on the PC. Just cos the PS1 got Kings Field does not mean it started there..

Yes and dungeon crawler RPGs is just a generalization I did not through Dark Souls in, did I ? My comment was apt. When a game has 18 year old roots, scrap feeding is scrap feeding.

pezus said:
Turkish said:
pezus said:
So it was Dark Souls after all. This is great. I hope they do a good job with the port, maybe even have mod tools for the community?

Why would you want mod tools for a game like Dark Souls? The vanilla game is how its meant to be played.

Why not? It could be fun, you're not forced to mod it you know...

Ofcourse not, but we all know PC gamers will ruin the game with their god-mode mods, zombie mods, supa dupa weapon mods and alter the game in such way that it doesnt appeal to the original fans.

This sounds interesting.

It's not Namco's game! They just published it, From Software developed it! Give them credit good sir!

Anyway, I say hooray for pc gamers, they get to play the awesomeness that is Dark Souls =p