By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Petition Attrition: Dark Souls Confirmed For PC

Tagged games:

zero129 said:
Player1x3 said:

I don't know about 360, but piracy on PS3 is almost un existant. Its not even to be compared to the RAVAGING piracy that is on PC. Its ridiculous, i mean look at this

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/mw2-most-pirated-game-of-09/010203

4.1 MILLION downloads in just a month and a half!!! The master race is sure getting wild. (just 4 compression, 360 version SOLD that much in first week) But of course theres more

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/12/29/report-call-of-duty-black-ops-most-pirated-game-in-2010/

The master race does it again !!

http://games.ign.com/articles/121/1215604p1.html

Crysis, Battlefield, FIFA and MW3 aren't safe on the mighty superior PC as well !!

Here's also more proof of how the master race treats the developers (as if moding and hacking their games online wasn't enough )

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/10-pirated-games-time/   <---- all these games are 3 years old MAX

Like what other users have already said. Alot of them downloads could be from people that had their game disc damaged, or brought a CD Key online (Sometimes works out cheaper). Also everyone knows COD's mean draw is not Single player but online play, something you can't do without a valid CD Key.

It also doesn't take into account how many people might of downloaded the game to try out the single player and then went on to buy the game/Cd Key to play online.

Plus Consoles have their own problem, something PC devs don't have to worry about and that's used Sales, So i guess the console kiddies don't give a shit too yeah??.

Plus Modding games is mostly to add things such as better textures, more levels etc, As anyone that uses hacks to cheat online in most of the big name games, are mostly kicked and have their CD key blocked from playing online. Hell id say Cheating on consoles are just as bad when it comes to things like that.

And since you're the one calling PC gamers masters you must feel butt hurt or something, cos we get to play the games with better textures, better res etc, have great mod communitys that alot of times can make a game look and play alot better. Where you just get stuck with what your sold.

Thanks to modders we can get ages if not years out of our games, good job doing that on a console.

LMAO, that's the best you can come up with?

''Maybe their disc was scratched so they had to download it? Or they downloaded full game for free  and later decided to buy it anyways? '' LMAO !!!

Vaild CD key? There are literally billions of ways to play pirated games online, you should know that by now lol... CD key isn't stopping anyone from playing (and hacking :p) online multiplayer

LMAO, don't you worry about developers on their console kiddies fanbase. Videogame console market is stronger than ever and its growing rapidly lol. Just look at software sales and compare them to PC. What was the biggest entertainment launch in history again ? Yup, a console videogame... Videogames are multibillion dollar industry? Why? Because console gamers actually PAY for their games...that's not to say that all PC gamers dont pay for their games, lots of them do, but still...And btw, consoles have a much wider age demographics than PCs...

Better textures? Its barely noticable in most games lol. Most of developers attention and investment goes to consoles nowdays anyway lol. Better resolution? Im having a blast playing Assassins Creed and MW3 on 1080p on 42 inch LED samsung TV while relaxing on my couch. Have fun playing on a tiny ass monitor stuck on a chair sitting while moving a mouse and trying to play lol..

Around the Network
Player1x3 said:
zero129 said:
Player1x3 said:

I don't know about 360, but piracy on PS3 is almost un existant. Its not even to be compared to the RAVAGING piracy that is on PC. Its ridiculous, i mean look at this

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/mw2-most-pirated-game-of-09/010203

4.1 MILLION downloads in just a month and a half!!! The master race is sure getting wild. (just 4 compression, 360 version SOLD that much in first week) But of course theres more

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/12/29/report-call-of-duty-black-ops-most-pirated-game-in-2010/

The master race does it again !!

Crysis, Battlefield, FIFA and MW3 aren't safe on the mighty superior PC as well !!

Here's also more proof of how the master race treats the developers (as if moding and hacking their games online wasn't enough )

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/10-pirated-games-time/   <---- all these games are 3 years old MAX

Like what other users have already said. Alot of them downloads could be from people that had their game disc damaged, or brought a CD Key online (Sometimes works out cheaper). Also everyone knows COD's mean draw is not Single player but online play, something you can't do without a valid CD Key.

It also doesn't take into account how many people might of downloaded the game to try out the single player and then went on to buy the game/Cd Key to play online.

Plus Consoles have their own problem, something PC devs don't have to worry about and that's used Sales, So i guess the console kiddies don't give a shit too yeah??.

Plus Modding games is mostly to add things such as better textures, more levels etc, As anyone that uses hacks to cheat online in most of the big name games, are mostly kicked and have their CD key blocked from playing online. Hell id say Cheating on consoles are just as bad when it comes to things like that.

And since you're the one calling PC gamers masters you must feel butt hurt or something, cos we get to play the games with better textures, better res etc, have great mod communitys that alot of times can make a game look and play alot better. Where you just get stuck with what your sold.

Thanks to modders we can get ages if not years out of our games, good job doing that on a console.

''Maybe their disc was scratched so they had to download it? Or they downloaded full game for free  and later decided to buy it anyways? '' LMAO !!!

Vaild CD key? There are literally billions of ways to play pirated games online, you should know that by now lol... CD key isn't stopping anyone from playing (and hacking :p) online multiplayer

LMAO, don't you worry about developers on their console kiddies fanbase. Videogame console market is stronger than ever and its growing rapidly lol. Just look at software sales and compare them to PC. What was the biggest entertainment launch in history again ? Yup, a console videogame... Videogames are multibillion dollar industry? Why? Because console gamers actually PAY for their games...that's not to say that all PC gamers dont pay for their games, lots of them do, but still...And btw, consoles have a much wider age demographics than PCs...

Better textures? Its barely noticable in most games lol. Most of developers attention and investment goes to consoles nowdays anyway lol. Better resolution? Im having a blast playing Assassins Creed and MW3 on 1080p on 42 inch LED samsung TV while relaxing on my couch. Have fun playing on a tiny ass monitor stuck on a chair sitting while moving a mouse and trying to play lol..

I love how you failed to quote me, because you couldn't argue with my points and the fact I actually have downloaded games before because of a lost or scratched disc.  To play the official game servers and not some private ones you need an actual legit CD key.  If you want I can meet up with you in COD4 to prove I own the game and also I can show you a screen of the copy I downloaded off the bay if it makes you happy.

Player1x3 said:

notice how they included used games and rentals in retail sales, 2 market segments that are virtually non existant in PC games. And they are also including portables under consoles.

And still the AMOUNT SPENT on PC games (just retail, digital and MMO ignoring social and casual) is $7.3b riveling the entire console market including used and rental which sees no money go to developers.

It's not like anyone is going to change the other's mind about this so can we just stop this? Or at least take it out of this thread so I don't have to read  it...

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

zero129 said:

I dont see why you are laughing as your just making your self sound worse and worse with every post you make. The is no way to play on the devs servers without a valid CD Key. And as shocking as it may seem to you, yes people do download their games again if they lose or scratch their discs, And People do buy CD Keys for games online, and the is a number of stores that sell the CD Keys only for games, and people do use them services as it works out cheaper then retail. Also many people that might download a copy of the game first, if they enjoy it will go on to buy the game, mostly if it has some good online features.

The Used games market plus the number of people that pirate games on the console more then makes up for the people that only pirate on PC, And a number of Devs have said that the used games market is much worse then people pirating their games, as just with pirates they see no money at all from used sales.

And yes PC versions of games do look alot better then their console versions, i guess you wouldn't know as you prop never even seen a PC game being played.

And yes PC games do have better textures, and if the is a small case that they don't, well we can always count on the mod community to give us Textures that only a console gamer could dream of looking at.

GTA4 on PC modded

Skyim Modded

Good luck playing GTA4 and Skyrim on consoles looking like that.

Also to the part of your reply that i bolded, that alone shows me how smart you are.

Your not even playing them games in 1080P, you're lucky if they are even running in 720P. Just cos your TV can Display an Image in 1080P doesn't mean your console is out putting an image at that res, pretty much no Retail game on the PS3 or the 360 Displays a game in Native 1080P, and trust me both of them games you said don't *Rolls Eyes*. So you enjoy playing your sub 720P games on your 42" led, And i will Enjoy playing my multiplat PC games in Full True 1080P with better textures, AA etc on my 50" 3D TV in wonderfull 3D with my Gamepad relaxing on my couch.

Oh that's right did you not know that pretty much every PC and Laptop allows you to hook them up to a TV with a HDMI cable and use a joypad, it really shows how much you know about PC gaming, and why you shouldn't be talking about such things as you know nothing about it *Rolls Eyes*.

And like i said before, make a thread on the subject if you want to continue this.

- high five -

There are actually some better looking GTAIV screens for teh PC too,  but nice examples!

zarx said:
Don86 said:
Thank you, From Software!

I was previously wondering whether I should buy DS on PS3 but now looks like I'm getting this for free :D

yuo are a bad person and should be ashamed of yourself.

Nah I'm just joking, never intended to play Dark Soul anyway :P

But that's what my friends and colleagues told me after they heard the news. They were asking me to "download" the game together with them so we can play it together with some LAN emulator since most of them don't have gaming consoles. I would probably jump in later if they really like the game.

But hey, look at it this way. The Western World lose nothing anyway.

I've seen PC gaming supporters in many forums like these say that my market(South east asia) isn't important right?

It shouldn't matter that much that my market isn't the intended market for buy-2-play PC games right?

Personally, I think the traditional PC game developers are going about their strategy on the Asia Pacific/South East Asian/China markets the wrong way.

They should just recode popular western games like Dark Soul into a F2P online game(not MMORPG) with cash shop and leave their single player content as some sort of tutorial.

Just look at the profits that CS online and FIFA online rake in every month from the S.E.A market.

Just imagine how much $$ they can rake in with Dark Soul online. Gaming consoles would probably be totally obliterated then and have zero fighting chance lol.

Traditional PC game developers really gotta sell their games like how they sell apps.

Around the Network
Don86 said:
zarx said:
Don86 said:
Thank you, From Software!

I was previously wondering whether I should buy DS on PS3 but now looks like I'm getting this for free :D

yuo are a bad person and should be ashamed of yourself.

Nah I'm just joking, never intended to play Dark Soul anyway :P

But that's what my friends and colleagues told me after they heard the news. They were asking me to "download" the game together with them so we can play it together with some LAN emulator since most of them don't have gaming consoles. I would probably jump in later if they really like the game.

But hey, look at it this way. The Western World lose nothing anyway.

I've seen PC gaming supporters in many forums like these say that my market(South east asia) isn't important right?

It shouldn't matter that much that my market isn't the intended market for buy-2-play PC games right?

Personally, I think the traditional PC game developers are going about their strategy on the Asia Pacific/South East Asian/China markets the wrong way.

They should just recode popular western games like Dark Soul into a F2P online game(not MMORPG) with cash shop and leave their single player content as some sort of tutorial.

Just look at the profits that CS online and FIFA online rake in every month from the S.E.A market.

Just imagine how much $$ they can rake in with Dark Soul online. Gaming consoles would probably be totally obliterated then and have zero fighting chance lol.

Traditional PC game developers really gotta sell their games like how they sell apps.

Just because the culture has traditionally not brought games doesn't mean you can't. Make a stand, you could start a trend and get more games localised, well give you a worm fuzzy feeling anyway. 

I am not sure how Dark Souls F2P would really work, it would have to be a totally different game at that point really. Probably not worth the effort at that point, they might as well just make a F2P Souls game.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!