By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Analyst: Activision will not be supporting WiiU , Konami avoiding it!

Could an Activision boycot screw Nintendo?

Yes 96 38.40%

No 153 61.20%

Total:249

the crazier the analysis the faster it spreads across the internet.

Around the Network
Totaldemon said:

Fake

- The recent “rumors” about the Wii U being weaker than PS3 and 360? Apparently, they are far from the truth and Nintendo isn’t happy with the ‘analyst’ that had a vendetta against them enough to spread false rumors. The rumors apparently have scared off investors and downgraded Nintendo’s stock rating. Investors are waiting until E3 to have a better idea of what lies in store for the Wii U rather than buying in advance to E3 to have a leg up for when the hype begins to soar.

- The lead-up to the Wii U’s final reveal has been something of a roller-coaster. Nintendo made the strict NDA embargoes go far too long this time and it’s somewhat their own fault that so much confusion abounds in regard to the Wii U’s technology. But, Nintendo is hoping it will all be worth it when everything is finally announced. For now, the top-tier publishers with full access to the final dev kits are keeping their mouths shut tight even in the face of negative rumors.

http://www.nintendoenthusiast.com/whispers-of-the-wii-u-around-the-industry/

and theres a rumor of a mmo for the wii u, a exclusive race title and other nice tecnologies, i think the wii u will be a real succes even with all this shit of negative rumors, also its imposible to be less power than ps3/360

NintedoEnthusiast.com................yeah of course they are saying these rumors are false. They ARE a Nintendo fansite after all.

snowdog said:
I can't believe people like this actually get paid to spout complete and utter nonsense. We know for a fact that the U is going to be more powerful than the PS3 and 360 for starters. And anyone thinking that Activision won't port the latest Call of Duty title to the U, considering how easy it is to port to and from the PS3 and 360, needs to lay off the drugs.

Ubisoft and EA are both going to strongly support the U and anyone thinking that Activision aren't going to do the same is indeed a nut job lol.

I doubt he believes what he wrote.  Just trying to manipulate the industry a bit

BasilZero said:
Gonna laugh when Konami and Activision announce games for the Wii-U at E3 2012.

Yeah, as if Activision wouldn't release yet another version of COD or any other of its multiplatform franchises on a system that's guaranteed to be the cheapest of the next gen consoles and therefore sell fairly well regardless of 3rd party support.

This rumor is pretty hilarious when you think about it... by the time Wii U launches, companies like Activision and Konami will have spent more than 7 years and hundreds of millions if not billions of dollars learning and harnessing the powers of PS360, then comes along 3 next gen systems, 2 of which will require the companies to pour millions more into R&D and learning the architecture all over again, and one which is very similar to what they've been working with for 7 years and easy to port games to.... and they're going to boycott it LMAO!!

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network

I think these analyzers are just interested in spreading FUD in order to benefit the companies that they work for.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

The biggest money grubbers in the biz? Hardly. Besides, seeing the quality of the Activision titles on the Wii this gen, perhaps it could be a good thing... so its a win/win.

VGKing said:
Totaldemon said:

Fake

- The recent “rumors” about the Wii U being weaker than PS3 and 360? Apparently, they are far from the truth and Nintendo isn’t happy with the ‘analyst’ that had a vendetta against them enough to spread false rumors. The rumors apparently have scared off investors and downgraded Nintendo’s stock rating. Investors are waiting until E3 to have a better idea of what lies in store for the Wii U rather than buying in advance to E3 to have a leg up for when the hype begins to soar.

- The lead-up to the Wii U’s final reveal has been something of a roller-coaster. Nintendo made the strict NDA embargoes go far too long this time and it’s somewhat their own fault that so much confusion abounds in regard to the Wii U’s technology. But, Nintendo is hoping it will all be worth it when everything is finally announced. For now, the top-tier publishers with full access to the final dev kits are keeping their mouths shut tight even in the face of negative rumors.

http://www.nintendoenthusiast.com/whispers-of-the-wii-u-around-the-industry/

and theres a rumor of a mmo for the wii u, a exclusive race title and other nice tecnologies, i think the wii u will be a real succes even with all this shit of negative rumors, also its imposible to be less power than ps3/360

NintedoEnthusiast.com................yeah of course they are saying these rumors are false. They ARE a Nintendo fansite after all.

The particular analyst in question here has been pushing (along with one or two others) to move Nintnedo into e mobile space. Ecause they think the money is there..... And it might be short term.  If you read his full comments, sets a stock price point twice as high if Nintendo were to go mobile.  He said similar things at TGS last year.

So I think vendetta might be strong but not totally inaccurate.  This is a new version of the going third party analyst recommendation, but Sega's plight makes that a tough sell.

Mike From Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

I'm not believing a single word of this story until Activision OR Konami give official confirmation. This whole report sounds like bogus to me.

Zarx I'm not 100% on the legality. But how would securing six major third party IP for a single year land Nintendo an anti competitive lawsuit? Hardware manufacturers have done this many times in the past not to the extent of 6 titles in one year. But in the past Final Fantasy, Monster Hunter, Metal Gear Solid, GTA , Resident Evil all those franchises have been bought exclusively for a specific console.

It is not a new business practice and to my knowledge it isn't illegal. Nintendo wouldn't be preventing the companies from releasing games for other systems. Only securing the rights to six IP for one year. I can't see how it would be any different then what Microsoft and Sony have done consistently for a decade or more.

Publishers have a right to sell the exclusive rights of an IP to any buyer they want. It is their intellectual property and I do not see a suit arising as the action would not really be unfair or illegal. Combined Sony and MS secure at least six titles a year exclusively from third parties. Nintendo's only difference would be they would be targeting the big IP. Still nothing anti competitive about that. Competitive yes but to my knowledge not illegal!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer