By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Xenoblade thread- Opinions, thoughts and questions inside! Can it hit 1mil in sales next year? Sequel coming for Wii U???

What is the best 'major' area in the game?

Colony 9 39 12.34%

Bionis' Leg 83 26.27%

The Marsh 20 6.33%

The Forest 17 5.38%

The Sea 24 7.59%

The Mountain 13 4.11%

The Valley 5 1.58%

Fallen Arm 22 6.96%

The Field of Metal 9 2.85%

See results! 73 23.10%

Total:305

No.

Around the Network
AndrewWK said:
it sold more 22k copies in NA this week, and that´s pretty decent imo.
I haeven´t finished it yet, so I don´t how it ends. But if this game manages to sell let´s say 750k copies which I think is possible if we are ver very lucky it could even sell 1 million, and if it does we´ll maybe get a sequel, perhaps for the Wii U that would be even a reason for me to buy that damn thing.

Btw. has this game anything to do with Xenosaga?

22k? That leads to a 30k week roughly, which is better than I expected!

I don't think it'll sell 1mil WW, but 800k seems like a possibility.

And no, it has nothing to do with Xenosaga.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Probably one of the best articles I've read in a while.

The fact it comes from Jim Sterling only makes it more disturbing.

But I ask, are the graphics REALLY that bad?

http://www.destructoid.com/why-xenoblade-chronicles-had-to-look-like-shit-226518.phtml

Conegamer said:

http://www.destructoid.com/why-xenoblade-chronicles-had-to-look-like-shit-226518.phtml

Never been a fan of articles like this written by someone who clearly doesn't play any but the most popular and talked about JRPGs.  If he knew Gust existed he'd have no worry about JRPGs all costing too much to make when the Wii is gone, developers don't have to have Gears of War like visuals just because the platform is capable of it.  NIS, Gust, and namco's Tales teams have all been making good to great games without the need of such graphical fidelity and that will continue into the next generation.

Torillian said:
Conegamer said:

Never been a fan of articles like this written by someone who clearly doesn't play any but the most popular and talked about JRPGs.  If he knew Gust existed he'd have no worry about JRPGs all costing too much to make when the Wii is gone, developers don't have to have Gears of War like visuals just because the platform is capable of it.  NIS, Gust, and namco's Tales teams have all been making good to great games without the need of such graphical fidelity and that will continue into the next generation.

I think jim sterling is an idiot.

I still love the new final fantasy's... but a lot of people attribute new JRPG's being inherently bad is because they think FF's becoming bad  yet don't play a lot of other ones. Or don't allow Valkryia Chronicles or Demon Soul's to be included (In WRPG's Mass Effect and Skyrim get lumped together yet are nothing alike :P)

"shit" looking JRPG's still look better than most (or in xenoblades case all) PS1 JRPG's. And Jim sterling liked lost odyssey... which looks good.
But, he has a point. Obviously games don't have an unlimited budget. but a game doesn't have to look bad to be good and that's been disproved by many great looking great games JRPG's included (Dragon Quest 8, pretty much Every Final Fantasy that you like).

I don't think xenoblade looks bad there are some really bad things like caves, animations, and character models. But I don't think if there's any area that makes you go "wow" when you look at it is a bad looking game.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:

i'd say Xenoblade is in the same corner as Persona.

looking at those games today, they suck visually - BUT the Artstyle is superior, meaning that while beeing disturbed at first, the game will win people over eventually. (And well, pretty much 99% of the Xenoblade players stopped at one point to simply "look" into the distance)

Oh and that article is a very good one, since the coremessage tends to be that Xenoblade is blessed with how it looks, since cuts would have been necessary if otherwise. And i agree, i honestly tried to hold back my need to puke all over the screen in the first hours, but looking back at the 60 Hours i spent so far, if i had to trade a portion of this game for shiny graphics, i'd gladly tell the graphics-whore inside me to go fuck itself. Hell, Xenoblade even managed to open myself to the wii again,, causing me to give Skyward Sword another shot once i am done. (And later on buying TLS and  pandoras tower)

PS: No, Xenoblade didnt look that bad, the guy overdid it a bit - while the Blurry Faces and cheap textures (well... Resident Evil 4 wasnt exactly stashed with lots of HD graphics either..) manage to be noticed, they dont ruin the game or the atmosphere., or the artistic Vision and the fact that the Worlds of this game are still gorgeous.

@Ishiki:

Yes and No. i agree with you that shiny graphics arent even necessary (though, imo, i think Valkyria Chronicles and Demons Souls looked damn cool!) to make a good game, the problem is developers think so. (i guess..?) And in direct comparison, Xenoblade rapes all those PSOne classics, but they had a far bigger impact on me, since they were GROUNDBREAKING for their time, while Xenoblade is "just masterly executed" - since it is just like FF12. (like ... uhm.. God of War 3 is in comparison to Genji 2, for example. xP)

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Crystalchild said:
Conegamer said:

looking at those games today, they suck visually - BUT the Artstyle is superior, meaning that while beeing disturbed at first, the game will win people over eventually. (And well, pretty much 99% of the Xenoblade players stopped at one point to simply "look" into the distance)

Oh and that article is a very good one, since the coremessage tends to be that Xenoblade is blessed with how it looks, since cuts would have been necessary if otherwise. And i agree, i honestly tried to hold back my need to puke all over the screen in the first hours, but looking back at the 60 Hours i spent so far, if i had to trade a portion of this game for shiny graphics, i'd gladly tell the graphics-whore inside me to go fuck itself. Hell, Xenoblade even managed to open myself to the wii again,, causing me to give Skyward Sword another shot once i am done. (And later on buying TLS and  pandoras tower)

PS: No, Xenoblade didnt look that bad, the guy overdid it a bit - while the Blurry Faces and cheap textures (well... Resident Evil 4 wasnt exactly stashed with lots of HD graphics either..) manage to be noticed, they dont ruin the game or the atmosphere., or the artistic Vision and the fact that the Worlds of this game are still gorgeous.

I think it looks a lot better than persona beings it's not one small town. And Randomly generated dungeons.

(I like persona more) 

ishiki said:
Crystalchild said:
Conegamer said:

I think it looks a lot better than persona beings it's not one small town. And Randomly generated dungeons.

(I like persona more) 

True. It does look much better, but I never went into the game, or any game, thinking 'my word; this game is amazing, but THE GRAPHICS!!!'

Also, Xenoblade>Persona IMO. 

ishiki said:
Crystalchild said:
Conegamer said:

(I like persona more) 

It sure does look better than persona, but the latter stay's my favourite, simply because of the Design. I like the slightly darker tone a bit more. But what are we discussing about, both are brilliant games in the end! (P4 is my Favourite Game of all time, followed by FFVIII, and Xeno is, together with SSBB, my alltime favourite on the Wii., if not more. .. Even tho' i didnt see Xeno's ending yet lol)

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Conegamer said:
ishiki said:
Crystalchild said:
Conegamer said:

(I like persona more) 

True. It does look much better, but I never went into the game, or any game, thinking 'my word; this game is amazing, but THE GRAPHICS!!!'

Also, Xenoblade>Persona IMO. 

I did, and i do so 'til this day. At first i really hated on the fact that my Characters looked sooo pixellated on my screen, while today, i hail these graphics for giving me lots and lots of GREAT content instead of 720p.

(.. But i'd still buy a Remade Copy in HD for the WiiU if they made one. simply overhauling the graphics shouldnt be much of a problem if the engine is capable of doing so. And thinking about it, a remastered Xenoblade as launchtitle for the WiiU may rise some attention by people who couldnt stand the fact that they had to undust their Wii Consoles to play it.. i mean, i have to admit that i almost didnt buy Xeno because of that fact alone.. thank the gods i had someone who massacred me with how awesome this game is.)