By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Xenoblade thread- Opinions, thoughts and questions inside! Can it hit 1mil in sales next year? Sequel coming for Wii U???

What is the best 'major' area in the game?

Colony 9 39 12.34%

Bionis' Leg 83 26.27%

The Marsh 20 6.33%

The Forest 17 5.38%

The Sea 24 7.59%

The Mountain 13 4.11%

The Valley 5 1.58%

Fallen Arm 22 6.96%

The Field of Metal 9 2.85%

See results! 73 23.10%

Total:305
AndrewWK said:
Conegamer said:
AndrewWK said:
DanneSandin said:
I gotta admit that this is my first time playing a JRPG - and I need help. I've played WRPG and never found them hard to handle... But reading all this you guys are posting just makes me realize how little I know in optimizing my characters! Could you perhaps help me out!? I'm just 6 hours in and only have Shulk and Reyn at the moment (I've entered the Tophra Cave and are making my way to Bionis' knee).

How should I costumize Shulk and Reyn??? THX!

I played over 25 hours until I knew how to link chracters. And optimizing the chracters is overrated, give  frequently new Armor and Weapons except shulk, and fight frequently and you´ll be just fine.

As mentioned above, the fact you haven't finished the game is obvious here. Skill-linking is just as important, if not more so, than constantly improving weapons and armour. If so you can gain the upper-hand, such as Shulk's link to fill the Talent Gauge when there's a vision, or to gain Haste and Tension at the start of the fight, or to increase exp., hit chance and Gold when fighting in the day etc.

Skill links give you far greater oppurtunity than new weapons and armour, and if you 'ignore them' you'll come unstuck.

It's the reason why killing UM's is almost a neccessity, as you gain the ever-valuable affinity coin from it. 

I didn´t say that its unnecesary I only said that I didn´t knew how to do it, and still made it trough. Of course it´s important, to link squadmates together. You link people with one of the girls I don´t know which one, to react stronger on healing, if you link with shulk you have a 5% exp bonus. So yes I´am aware of the importance I just didn´t know how it´s done. Same is for Gem crafting, I crafted my first gem on saturday cause my bag was full.

May I ask where you are in the story? That skill is very early on. More important are ones which raise tension at the start of the fight, or fills the party gauge when a character misses a hit, or increases strength against certain enemies, or grants Haste after reviving a character etc. 

There 5 skills in each tree. 5 trees each, and 7 characters. That's 175 different links. Very, VERY few overlap, and these are mostly to do with armour equipment. It's the easiest area to customise. 

Also, gems are almost a neccessity in mid-to-late game, as you can't upgrade armour, but you CAN upgrade gems. Rank V or VI gems to do with EXP. up, for example, gives you an extra 40% EXP. after each battle. You can't get that from armour.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
AndrewWK said:
Conegamer said:
AndrewWK said:
DanneSandin said:
I gotta admit that this is my first time playing a JRPG - and I need help. I've played WRPG and never found them hard to handle... But reading all this you guys are posting just makes me realize how little I know in optimizing my characters! Could you perhaps help me out!? I'm just 6 hours in and only have Shulk and Reyn at the moment (I've entered the Tophra Cave and are making my way to Bionis' knee).

How should I costumize Shulk and Reyn??? THX!

I played over 25 hours until I knew how to link chracters. And optimizing the chracters is overrated, give  frequently new Armor and Weapons except shulk, and fight frequently and you´ll be just fine.

As mentioned above, the fact you haven't finished the game is obvious here. Skill-linking is just as important, if not more so, than constantly improving weapons and armour. If so you can gain the upper-hand, such as Shulk's link to fill the Talent Gauge when there's a vision, or to gain Haste and Tension at the start of the fight, or to increase exp., hit chance and Gold when fighting in the day etc.

Skill links give you far greater oppurtunity than new weapons and armour, and if you 'ignore them' you'll come unstuck.

It's the reason why killing UM's is almost a neccessity, as you gain the ever-valuable affinity coin from it. 

I didn´t say that its unnecesary I only said that I didn´t knew how to do it, and still made it trough. Of course it´s important, to link squadmates together. You link people with one of the girls I don´t know which one, to react stronger on healing, if you link with shulk you have a 5% exp bonus. So yes I´am aware of the importance I just didn´t know how it´s done. Same is for Gem crafting, I crafted my first gem on saturday cause my bag was full.

May I ask where you are in the story? That skill is very early on. More important are ones which raise tension at the start of the fight, or fills the party gauge when a character misses a hit, or increases strength against certain enemies, or grants Haste after reviving a character etc. 

There 5 skills in each tree. 5 trees each, and 7 characters. That's 175 different links. Very, VERY few overlap, and these are mostly to do with armour equipment. It's the easiest area to customise. 

Also, gems are almost a neccessity in mid-to-late game, as you can't upgrade armour, but you CAN upgrade gems. Rank V or VI gems to do with EXP. up, for example, gives you an extra 40% EXP. after each battle. You can't get that from armour.

I unshakled the Monado and saw Fiora again :'( couldn´t play since sunday.

I simply love this game, this will be the third time I've actually played it and first time actually getting past the first 20 hours :P I played it for each region release but wouldn't play it all the way through until I had my own American copy so I could show support for JRPGs in the states

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

AndrewWK said:
Conegamer said:
AndrewWK said:
Conegamer said:

That was a great scene, no? You have quite a while to wait, though, ifyou know what I mean

Also, that's the halfway point...maaaaybe just under, for me. Other people will say differently. But the game reallykicks into overdrive, before going quiet for a little while, then it really picks up to the best moments in the game! 

So get ready. It really gets exciting now...

MaxwellGT2000 said:
I simply love this game, this will be the third time I've actually played it and first time actually getting past the first 20 hours :P I played it for each region release but wouldn't play it all the way through until I had my own American copy so I could show support for JRPGs in the states

Nice! And if you never got past 20 hours, then you probably never got past the Marsh. If so, you've got a lot of goodness ahead of you! 

But ditch Reyn. He's rubbish.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
AndrewWK said:
Conegamer said:
AndrewWK said:
Conegamer said:

That was a great scene, no? You have quite a while to wait, though, ifyou know what I mean

Also, that's the halfway point...maaaaybe just under, for me. Other people will say differently. But the game reallykicks into overdrive, before going quiet for a little while, then it really picks up to the best moments in the game! 

I don´t need to go to the university tommorow so I´ll continue tongiht. The only concern I have if the game is really that, is that I´am affraid of the Skyrim effect. Altough those game are totally different.

AndrewWK said:
Conegamer said:
AndrewWK said:
Conegamer said:
AndrewWK said:
Conegamer said:

I don´t need to go to the university tommorow so I´ll continue tongiht. The only concern I have if the game is really that, is that I´am affraid of the Skyrim effect. Altough those game are totally different.

Don't worry, after the next area, which is slightly larger than the leg, the next fw areas are story-orientated. Then there's a bigger area, but there's no real barrages of quests from here on out until near the end. So you won't get 'that' effect, as it's mainly to progress the story fromhere on out for a while

But after that event? So...much...side...stuff... but that's a LONG way away!

I have a question.  Last night I got through "Birdgirl's" thingy and wanted to know if the timed quests that I have are going to run up soon.  Right now the story is getting super interesting, but I dont want to miss some of the non "kill x of y" side quests.  Suggestions?

Plezbo said:

I have a question.  Last night I got through "Birdgirl's" thingy and wanted to know if the timed quests that I have are going to run up soon.  Right now the story is getting super interesting, but I dont want to miss some of the non "kill x of y" side quests.  Suggestions?

Timed quests deadlines:

Refugee Camp- Upon completion of 'The Road Home', when everything moves back to Colony 6.

Individual timed-quests- Usually one of two possible quests, you do one, the other disappears (like the Brother's in Colony 9)

Sword Valley/Fortress sidequests- Upon defeating the boss after the high-velocity lift, quite a while yet...

Mechonis quests- After defeating the boss at Meyneth Shrine, about 35 hours' time in the story.

Bionis (Alcamoth) Quests, any quests that lead to either of these areas- Upon completion of Mechonis' Core, in around 40 hours' time from where you are in the story.

If you can do that, and finish everything in those areas before those events (UM's, locations etc.), you shouldn't miss anything. Just remember that, when Dionysis in Colony 9 asks you a question, to answer with 'he's too old'.

If you can complete the quests in those areas like that, and any quest left with a timer next to it before going into 

Sharla Boobs are Jiggling