By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Sales. Week 13: March 26 - April 1

I think Kingdom Hearts will have strong legs, it may reach 358/2 Days numbers.

However, for those of you who are expecting good numbers overseas, prepare to be disappointed.

Around the Network

Amazing sales for the 3DS hardware, and very good sales for KH:DDD seeing as it was only accounting for 2 days worth of sales; and already ~220K units sold!!! I'm hoping that LKS gets ported to the 3DS as it will surely flourish better than it would on the floundering Vita!!! No matter what spin people give the Vita is really setting disappointing numbers week after week(I know it's a bump, but really >13K shouldn't be celebrated or encouraged). I've already got several people holding up on their purchase on the vita as I have debated with them on the systems survival at this brutal time!!! C'mon Sony really needs to get serious and cut the price, even by just $50!!!

NoCtiS_NoX said:
VicViper said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:

I don't want to say this but in terms of production value 358/2 and Re:coded aren't comparable to KH 3D. It's more comparable to BBS. IMHO.

You're right, but nobody would be crazy to expect BBS numbers for this game... just more than it did. I expected 350k FW.

The userbase is so dispersed with this series... maybe they notice that and keep the next one on 3DS... another change would kill even more sales, imo.

Ofcourse I know that. I am also expecting 300K+ FW and anything lower than that is a dissapointment but 2nd week is always an indicator for me so if the 2nd week is great then I won't call it disappointment.

2nd paragraph

Why not make it multi-plat?

The inner fanboy in me is saying no, but that's a solution too. Multiplat with PSP too for maximum effect lol!

And maybe now is late, but they should've brougth "Birth by Sleep The Final Final Mix (We swear!)" to 3DS too. Easy to do and would sell fine, hyping the fans for this game.

Nice PS3 sales, when will we see PS2 outselling the Wii? I cant wait for it to happen, another console has to fall down after 360, DS

BasilZero said:
Turkish said:
Nice PS3 sales, when will we see PS2 outselling the Wii? I cant wait for it to happen, another console has to fall down after 360, DS

Didnt it do that few weeks ago I could of sworn?

Nope. And DS is not below PS2 :)

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
VicViper said:
BasilZero said:
Turkish said:

Didnt it do that few weeks ago I could of sworn?

Nope. And DS is not below PS2 :)

DS (or its revisions) is/are below PS2....o.O

We add those versions for DS numbers... so it's 1712 against 1374 for DS.

I LOVE the Kingdom Hearts numbers! I'm not sure how it stacks up to any other Kingdom Hearts games but it sure did bring up those HardWare sales! I'm hoping it comes to America soon, and hopefully it'll do good over here too!
And... Vita went... up? Whuuzaat?!

Turkish said:

Well, the Vita is a candidate isn't it?  There is only 3K units seperating the Wii and Sony's new handheld?  I'm sure it won't, but crazier things have happened before?  O_o

Oh the rage in Sony's offices if it did LOL!!!

VicViper said:
RolStoppable said:
spurgeonryan said:
Has any companies threatend to cut games on the vita yet? Like they threatened withthe 3DS in. The beginning. I hate phone posting.

If not then that is good news for them!

I actually think that a few 3DS games were not cancelled, but ended up becoming eshop games during all the uncertanty.

There were rumors about resources shifting from PSV to 3DS development a few weeks ago, but nothing substantial has been confirmed yet.

3DS retail games did not become eShop titles. eShop software sales are far lower than retail, so it would make no sense whatsoever to opt for the eShop.

What 3DS games were cancelled... just Assassin's Creed if I remember correctly.

Megaman Legends 3 cancelation had nothing to with hardware sales, I think. It just died withot Keiji Inafume

Bomberman, due to Hudson's death

DJ Hero, due to the demise of the Rhythm genre

My Garden, due to it not seeming like a marketable product

Saints Row, for unknown reasons

Love and tolerate.

BasilZero said:
NintendoPie said:
I LOVE the Kingdom Hearts numbers! I'm not sure how it stacks up to any other Kingdom Hearts games but it sure did bring up those HardWare sales! I'm hoping it comes to America soon, and hopefully it'll do good over here too!
And... Vita went... up? Whuuzaat?!

Guess its safe to say that the slow sales in Jan and February are gone now?

I don't think so. It could just be a little spark, or it could be that two new Vita games just came out. Watch it go back to 10'000 next week.