By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I finished Mass Effect 3 and I LOVED it , but (Huge Spoilers)

Tagged games:

Darc Requiem said:
That's fine and dandy but your graph applies to you and only you.

This reinforces my last point. You think that simply because of the expectations/reality of the matter. Your expectations weren't met and you feel absolutely betrayed from what Bioware has said to what actually happened. So you literally can't see it any other way and that's perfectly fine....the world will keep going round and round, the sun will rise in the East and set in the West as it always has. Life goes on.

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:
Darc Requiem said:

This reinforces my last point. You think that simply because of the expectations/reality of the matter. Your expectations weren't met and you feel absolutely betrayed from what Bioware has said to what actually happened. So you literally can't see it any other way and that's perfectly fine....the world will keep going round and round, the sun will rise in the East and set in the West as it always has. Life goes on.

I can see Mass Effect 3 from more than one perspective. If you aren't invested in the series. ME3 is an excellent game. If you are a Bioware fan, ME fan, or RPG fan in general and place value on the story than ME3 fails terribly. Does it fail for everyone that values such attributes in game? No. However that is the minority opinion. When a company misreads the majority of its dedicated fans this badly,  they screwed up and would be wise to rectify the situation quickly.

Your position on ME3 seems similar to my opinion DA2. I like DA2. I could see how and why others did not enjoy the game. Only one origin, choices make little difference in the games out come, no strategic overhead combat view,  worthless loot, only Hawke can equip armor drops, Anders etc. Despite all of these things, i liked most of the characters and enjoyed the game. However, that doesn't change the fact that most fans of Dragon Age were severely disappointed.

yo_john117 said:
Darc Requiem said:

I knew from the leaks what the endings would be and still found it dissapointing.

Rhonin the wizard said:
yo_john117 said:
Darc Requiem said:

I knew from the leaks what the endings would be and still found it dissapointing.

Same here. I'm glad for the leaks. If it weren't for the leaks, I don't know how I would have reacted.

Zim said:
... No, no, no. The indoctrination theory is awful. The reason being that it basically means the ENTIRE trilogy, you know the vast amount of money we spent on DLC and games? Yea well that doesn't actually end. It would be like watching Return of the Jedi and the movie ends before the duel between Luke and Darth Vader. You wouldn't go ''Oh well that seems fair''

There are two options
1) The ending is the worst ending ever created
or
2) The indoctrination theory is right, in which case the entire plot of the 3 games is unfinished. We paid $180 (or well over $200 if you want to play the DLC as well which fills in vital gaps) to play through over 100 hours of content only for it to not end and then be met with a message telling you to pay more if you want to see the ending.

3) While speaking with Gamerzines, Mass Effect producer Mike Gamble suggested that "it wouldn't be a bad idea to keep your ME3 saves."

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network
coolbeans said:
Kantor said:
coolbeans said:
Kantor said:
The indoctrination may well be the real ending, but if it is, then the ending is unfinished.

I fail to see how it's indoctrination when the Prothean VI scanned you both times and only mentions "indoctrinated one" when Kai Leng enters.

Shepard wasn't indoctrinated at that point. He only becomes indoctrinated at the very end.

That's what I'm confused about though.  After being near Reaper tech throughout 1+2-and even getting zapped with it in the Arrival DLC, what makes the situation different at the end of 3?   Are they trying to say Shepard's strong will allows him/her to 'box in' the indoc. in his/her dreams or what?  

He's standing next to quite literally the entire Reaper army, and he is zapped by Harbinger, the king of the Reapers. This is enough to make even Shepard start to hallucinate.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Until there's more proof.

The indoctrination theory, is essentially "Rinoa is Ultimecia theory."

For me it's fun to talk about. But probably looking, too much into it. >_< imo.