By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What 3 launch games would make PS4 sales explode?

It's pretty easy to find them.
~ CoD, teenagers will jump on board! (Especially in the USA >_> )
~ Monster Hunter, for Japan of course.
~ Uncharted 4/Gran Turismo, Europe and America seller.

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
bonkers555 said:
God of War
Final Fantasy HD Collection which include FF 7, 8 and 9
Gran Turismo 6

LOL @ all the Uncharted. If Uncharted didn't help sell the Vita why would it help move the PS4.

Well, we could say the same thing about the God of War series. They have comparable sales.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Uncharted 3 was bundle since the game was released? I don't remember God of War 3 being bundled at all.

bonkers555 said:
TruckOSaurus said:
bonkers555 said:
God of War
Gran Turismo 6

LOL @ all the Uncharted. If Uncharted didn't help sell the Vita why would it help move the PS4.

Well, we could say the same thing about the God of War series. They have comparable sales.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Uncharted 3 was bundle since the game was released? I don't remember God of War 3 being bundled at all.

Signature goes here!

gt
uncharted
mgs

of course i doubt will see any of these franchises on launch year like in the MS thread i would also like to see newer ips i think some of the PS franchises have lost something MGS and GT being some examples of them. i would like to see them experiment with the 3rd person and FPS genres it seems that those are the genres that are lacking in sonys arsenal, maybe revive some that were supposed to release this gen like 8days and gorilla nation

Monster Hunter
Call of Duty
Grand Theft Auto

Around the Network
bonkers555 said:
God of War
Gran Turismo 6

Glad I made you laugh :) My reasoning is Uncharted is approaching 15m sales mark on PS3, a home-console (Where the series is known). UC3 did 1.4m in 4 days, if a numbered sequel made by Naughty Dog were to be available only on PS4, it would move systems.

I take your point about Uncharted on PSV, but it wasn't a numbered sequel, it wasn't made by Naughty Dog and it didn't recieve anywhere near as much hype and advertising that UC4 would on PS4. 

TruckOSaurus said:
bonkers555 said:
TruckOSaurus said:
bonkers555 said:
God of War
Gran Turismo 6

Never knew one existed.

they only need Ridge Racer.. look the succes it gave to the consoles where it was a launch game

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

bonkers555 said:
TruckOSaurus said:
bonkers555 said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Never knew one existed.

I wasn't sure either but I guess it does exist. But bundle or not, sales between Uncharted and God of War remain in the same area.

To expand on my point. Both UC and GOW are great selling franchises but I don't think they can drive hardware sales on their own. In my opinion, Sony's strength lies in the fact that they have many on those franchises spanning many genres. It's the combinaison of all these franchises that ultimately make PlayStation an appealing console to various type of gamers. The drawback of this, is that some gamers will wait until 3-4 of those titles appear on the console to buy it.

As much as I hate to admit it, Gran Turismo is the only Sony franchise with a selling power strong enough to drive incredible launch sales (God knows why!) but the odds of having GT6 as a launch title are close to none. One of the main selling points of the franchise is the pretty cars and rendering all those vehicules on new hardware and making the graphical jump significant enough to generate excitement for the title takes a long long time.

Signature goes here!

Gran Turismo
Monster Hunter
and Uncharted would be quite exciting.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius