By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo and MS take care of their users, Sony not so much.

Ajescent said:
theprof00 said:
Ajescent said:
theprof00 said:
Ajescent said:
theprof00 said:
I'd have to disagree. I email Sony all the time and I have to say they go way out of their way to satisfy me.

It's just you.

Really? Because it was a friend of mine who told me I should start emailing them because he does it regularly too.

I'm not sure what he says, but he's gotten them to refund games and he's gotten them to fix things out of warranty. I've not had anything that spectacular, but I've definitely gotten insider deals that they don't give to the public at large. For example, the hack that occurred, and the welcome back program? My ps3 was broken at the time and I couldn't get the games. I emailed them several times and eventually got some psn credit to use, after the program had ended.

I've also gotten content for free from Gabe Newell.

I'll be honest, I've only ever had one reason to contact Sony London and I'll tell ya, the lady on the line had no clue what I was talking about. I called up to enquire about Firstplay and the lady had never heard of it, which is funny because she works on the store and at the time Firstplay was one of the store's most popular items,

I have no idea what you're talking about. She works "on the store"? What does that mean? She manages the playstation store on PSN? Or she works in a Sony Style store? What kinds of questions did you have?

Oh sorry, I meant she works at the Store section of the Playstation helpline, she handles things relating to the PSNstore. The fact that she didn't know what at the time was at the forefront of the PSN offering was embarassing.

Maybe all she really knows about is how purchases work, how to enter information, etc etc etc, but not actual details about specific content. Sometimes people just aren't informed about what's on there, or things about what they're selling.

If you had sent an email to Cammie Dunaway of Nintendo a few years ago and asked her which button was jump, she probably couldn't tell you that either.

I'd say you wanted to talk to someone about first party software, not the store.

I dunno, it's a reasonable criticism.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
Ajescent said:
theprof00 said:
Ajescent said:
theprof00 said:
Ajescent said:
theprof00 said:
I'd have to disagree. I email Sony all the time and I have to say they go way out of their way to satisfy me.

It's just you.

Really? Because it was a friend of mine who told me I should start emailing them because he does it regularly too.

I'm not sure what he says, but he's gotten them to refund games and he's gotten them to fix things out of warranty. I've not had anything that spectacular, but I've definitely gotten insider deals that they don't give to the public at large. For example, the hack that occurred, and the welcome back program? My ps3 was broken at the time and I couldn't get the games. I emailed them several times and eventually got some psn credit to use, after the program had ended.

I've also gotten content for free from Gabe Newell.

I'll be honest, I've only ever had one reason to contact Sony London and I'll tell ya, the lady on the line had no clue what I was talking about. I called up to enquire about Firstplay and the lady had never heard of it, which is funny because she works on the store and at the time Firstplay was one of the store's most popular items,

I have no idea what you're talking about. She works "on the store"? What does that mean? She manages the playstation store on PSN? Or she works in a Sony Style store? What kinds of questions did you have?

Oh sorry, I meant she works at the Store section of the Playstation helpline, she handles things relating to the PSNstore. The fact that she didn't know what at the time was at the forefront of the PSN offering was embarassing.

Maybe all she really knows about is how purchases work, how to enter information, etc etc etc, but not actual details about specific content. Sometimes people just aren't informed about what's on there, or things about what they're selling.

If you had sent an email to Cammie Dunaway of Nintendo a few years ago and asked her which button was jump, she probably couldn't tell you that either.

I'd say you wanted to talk to someone about first party software, not the store.

I dunno, it's a reasonable criticism.

Firstplay for those not in the know was the UK's answer to Qore but much better (:D)

You could subscribe to it like Qore and so on- long story short, there was an issue that caused people who subscribed to get accidentally charged extra by mistake and you had to call up to get it fixed

My point is, I didn't expect her to know every single item on the store but I'd at least expect her to know about the things people subscribe to

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

So what's this? Complaining to an outsider about the company or what? Because I doubt SCEA only got 1300 in 3 years. Probably got that in a day during the PSN outage.

If so I wouldn't respond either if someone decided to complain to some shitty company while you were fixing their issue.

Ajescent said:

Firstplay for those not in the know was the UK's answer to Qore but much better (:D)

You could subscribe to it like Qore and so on- long story short, there was an issue that caused people who subscribed to get accidentally charged extra by mistake and you had to call up to get it fixed

My point is, I didn't expect her to know every single item on the store but I'd at least expect her to know about the things people subscribe to

Hmm yes, especially if there was some accidental charge that their department fixes. I just can't imagine how that happened. I think maybe either you got transferred incorrectly, or this was a lady who didn't do her job very well. I hope you asked for a supervisor.

MY GOD NOW I MUST BURN ALL MY PS3 GAEMZ THEN GO CHOP MY BALLS OFF AND SUCK A DUDE'S DICK BECAUSE I DESERVE IT!
Like a Baws.

Around the Network

Nintendo was pretty nice when I got on the phone with them about my Wii. They handled it well and! Since my warranty was up (I got it the week it came out) I would've had to pay quite a bit to get it fixed. The lady, though, said since I was a long time supporter (by owning it for this long) she would lower the price. And she lowered it about 20$. ^_^
And wow is THQ BAD!

Andrespetmonkey said:
NeoGohan said:
SunofKratos said:
Sony has the worst costumer service from the three. I must totally agree with that since i have a PS3 and a PS Vita and owned all Sony consoels before.

But in the end Sony gives me the best singleplayer experiences ( Uncharted, God of War to name a few)
So i can deal with it.

Are you so insecure about your own opinion that you can't handle it when someone has a different one? -_-

Insecure? Opinion?
What?

Games that have a singleplayer that lasts 8 hours are far from being the best singleplayer experiences,  and that image was my reaction to that post.

i didn't know you can't have opinions about other opinions.