By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - What film properties would make amazing video games?

@SamuelRSmith
Now that you mention Men in Black...I could totally see Telltale games making a series for it like they did with Back to the Future, Jurassic Park, and the Walking Dead. I must say I have been very interested in there work as of late, but I just can't bring myself to buy any of there games because I am confused as to the style of gameplay their games provide. Is it point and click or not? :(

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Around the Network
SamuelRSmith said:
Men in Black.

Seriously... why has nobody done this?!

They did in the PS1 and GB era. It sucked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Signalstar said:
SamuelRSmith said:
Men in Black.

Seriously... why has nobody done this?!

They did in the PS1 and GB era. It sucked.

Well, that's not surprising (that it sucked).

I'm thinking an L.A. Noire style game, inter-cut with some high-action set-pieces.

axumblade said:

The whole time I watched this movie, I just thought of how awesome it would be to fuse LittleBigPlanet environments with Final Fantasy.

Wow! I can't believe someone remembers that movie! XD

axumblade said:
NintendoPie said:
axumblade said:

The whole time I watched this movie, I just thought of how awesome it would be to fuse LittleBigPlanet environments with Final Fantasy.

Wow! I can't believe someone remembers that movie! XD

I felt like it would have been a lot more epic if it were a video game. ._. It wasn't bad, it just wasn't amazing.

I have a few friends whose kids obsess over that movie and Coraline.

I see 9 more like a Machinarium type point and click adventure. It probably would have been better like that.

Around the Network

I had something... but I can't remember it! Grrrr!

spurgeonryan said:
NintendoPie said:
I had something... but I can't remember it! Grrrr!

I will guess, Finding Nemo. You have mentioned that movie before.

They've made a game on that already! I remember playing it with my brother on the GameCube. For our little minds it was quite fun. ^_^

Wow some good ideas. Personally their are a few TV and movie IP that would make amazing games. I'll list the best possible games that could be based on film.

UnderWorld, this IP is perhaps the best possible IP to bring to game consoles. Releasing a Deus Ex like FPS RPG would be awesome. Maybe an MMO about the war between Lycans, Vampires and Humans it would make for such an amazing MMO I know there is a vampire MMO already in development but UnderWorld would make so much more sense. A tactical shooter would be less enjoyable then a Deus Ex like title but it would still be pretty fun. Or maybe a sandbox open world title similar to Prototype and InFamous. The UnderWorld. franchise has such amazing plot depth and character development and action that it would be a sure fire hit. Through in Kate Beckinsale doing the voice and such would make the game a must buy.

Nikita, the show is awesome but the series could be adapted into a pretty cool title. Develop it like a Bond title it would make an amazing title. The TV series could be adapted fairly well for gaming.

Death Race, get the remnants of Sea's Full Auto team together to make a high end Death Race game. Make it similar to Mario Kart but with very graphic violence destruct able environments it would make for an amazing game

Red Tails, Lucas Arts could make the perfect WWII air plane combat simulator. The film wasn't amazing but the concept could be employed in the game industry. It could make for an awesome air simulator.

Person of Interest
An open world environment where a computer tells you about people who's lives might be in danger or they might be preparing to commit a crime. The game would have you needing to follow characters around and deduct their intent or vulnerabilities.

"
The Unit, this would make for a great episodic military shooter. A tactical shooter where you order your squad mates to cover you or take a defensive position. It would make for a great shooter"

Burn Notice, I love this show and seriously it would make an amazing sandbox open world shooter. You travel around the town taking jobs. Have the TV series writers write the plot line as you try to clear your name. The game would be pretty kick ass. Of course unlike UnderWorld I am not sure their is a large enough market for a title based on Burn Notice. However if the game was developed by a good enough developer it wouldn't need to rely on the TV shows success.

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

I highly agree with Joelcool7 about Death Race. Making such a game where racers won't proceed to the next map if they die anywhere in the Grand Prix would be infinitely awesome! (and imagine all possible upgrades available for your ride!)

Personally, I'd prefer that DICE developed it. They always seem to get the perfect balance between realism and semi-unrealistic action.